• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Conversion Rate

sotek2345

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat ER, 2021 Mach-e GT
Occupation
Engineering Manager
Anyone have any guesses on when we will find out information on the reservation to order conversion rate? I am guess Ford will wait until after all of the 2022 orders are in (if they say anything), but it would be really nice to know after each wave!
Sponsored

Bippers

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1965 Thunderbird 2014 Honda Accord
Occupation
Chemical Engineer
Pure guess but I bet its 90% wave 1 and decreasing by 5-8% for each wave especially as trims become unavailable.

theblunden

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F150 Lightning XLT
Anyone have any guesses on when we will find out information on the reservation to order conversion rate? I am guess Ford will wait until after all of the 2022 orders are in (if they say anything), but it would be really nice to know after each wave!
Ford didn't even tell their dealers anything more than the PDF that was leaked on here. You think Ford would tell us conversion rates per week? It's gonna be a long wait guys buckle up.

OP
OP
sotek2345

sotek2345

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat ER, 2021 Mach-e GT
Occupation
Engineering Manager
Pure guess but I bet its 90% wave 1 and decreasing by 5-8% for each wave especially as trims become unavailable.
Yeah - that sounds about right, thought the dropoff might be more of a cliff once the Pro and XLT SR are gone (either after wave 1 or wave 2 most likely) vs. a steady decline. I would expect a flatter curve after that.

The wildcard is how many will jump ship to Chevy now that they have revealed.

techguydave

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
None
Occupation
IT
If they want to share that number, It'll probably be after 22MY waves all close, and possibly not until an investor call.

Sponsored

theblunden

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F150 Lightning XLT
Yeah - that sounds about right, thought the dropoff might be more of a cliff once the Pro and XLT SR are gone (either after wave 1 or wave 2 most likely) vs. a steady decline. I would expect a flatter curve after that.

The wildcard is how many will jump ship to Chevy now that they have revealed.
I think the Silverado reveal will take Chevy loyalist away seeing how is two years out but aside from that the only factor of people not converting is going to be available trims and/or pricing. Everyone I've talk to has reservations for multiple EV's (Cyber truck, Rivian, Lightning and now Silverado) are based on first availability so Ford or Rivian ultimately

xtraman122

First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
‘21 302A PB
thought the dropoff might be more of a cliff once the Pro and XLT SR are gone (either after wave 1 or wave 2 most likely) vs. a steady decline. I would expect a flatter curve after that.
I doubt it, the higher trims have already shown to be the most requested. Everyone who wants a Pro seems to think everyone else does as well, and not offering the Pro ER to consumers was some huge mistake. Simply not the case, Americans love expensive cars and have no issue borrowing beyond their means to get them.

Last edited:

LightningLover

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach E (E4X), F-150 Lightning (Lariat ER)
Ford has yet to provide the conversion rate on the Mustang Mach E. I doubt they'll do so for the Lightning. Besides, with 200,000 reservations, Ford will almost certainly have enough orders for all of 2022 and 2023 production. What Ford will start touting is the time on lot for delivered vehicles. I suspect about 3-4 days like the Mach E.

Nick Gerteis

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
98 F-150, 2015 Nissan Leaf, Lightning preordered
Occupation
Letter carrier
I doubt it, the higher trims have already shown to be the most requested. Everyone to wants a Pro seems to think everyone else does as well, and not offering the Pro ER to consumers was some huge mistake. Simply not the case, Americans love expensive cars and have no issue borrowing beyond their means to get them.
Indeed. Just look around any mall parking lot! Manufacturers know exactly why they spend so much money on advertising-it works.

F150ROD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 IB Lariat Lightning/Miata ND2 Club
Occupation
U.S. Navy Retired
There seems to be a lot of conversion to Lariats trims as predicted by Ford. I dont think Ive seen an XLT yet.

techguydave

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
None
Occupation
IT
Indeed. Just look around any mall parking lot! Manufacturers know exactly why they spend so much money on advertising-it works.
Exactly. It's one of the best-selling vehicles in this country, they've got enough data to know what consumers will buy. Think about it, someone buying an EV right now is still in the early adopter phase. Those people usually have money to spend.
Sponsored