• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Cool Lightning Swag?

neririn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 MachE
Has anyone seen any aftermarket or third-party lightning gear? merchandise.ford.com is pretty lean on lightning gear. For example I'd love to get my hands on a LightningBolt/American Flag embroidered patch like we have on the tail gate. I'd sew it on several of my good work Carhart jackets and give them to my crew for Christmas gifts. Ford doesn't have much by way of licensed work gear yet, and that surprises me considering how they have marketed the lightning as a work truck.
Sponsored

sotek2345

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat ER, 2021 Mach-e GT
Occupation
Engineering Manager
I haven't seen anything and I have been looking as well.

Blainestang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F56, R55, Pro
Has anyone seen any aftermarket or third-party lightning gear? merchandise.ford.com is pretty lean on lightning gear. For example I'd love to get my hands on a LightningBolt/American Flag embroidered patch like we have on the tail gate. I'd sew it on several of my good work Carhart jackets and give them to my crew for Christmas gifts. Ford doesn't have much by way of licensed work gear yet, and that surprises me considering how they have marketed the lightning as a work truck.
Yeah, I'd be interested in the Lightning Bolt / Flag emblem on a shirt or patch or sticker or whatever.

It's a cool emblem, IMO. Apparently, some automotive journalists on Twitter think it's offensive and "gross" (that's a quote) because of the American flag, though. lol

OP
OP

neririn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 MachE
It's a cool emblem, IMO. Apparently, some automotive journalists on Twitter think it's offensive and "gross" (that's a quote) because of the American flag, though. lol
Well, they can think what they want, and I will continue to think what I want about it. It is the integration of the American flag that makes it cool for me, and I’ll buy one the moment it becomes available…. Hopefully it does someday.

Blochead21

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Black 22 XLT 311pkg
So I found a shirt from this place with the logo. They have two different styles. I have no idea on the quality and have never bought anything from them. Just more of an FYI.

Small Logo

Large Logo

Sponsored

Blainestang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F56, R55, Pro
Yeah, that was actually their premise: that it was too much like the thin blue line flag. But, since it actually is just a greyscale American flag (and Ford clearly wouldn't use a thin blue line flag, too political, now), it's a silly complaint. It's an American-made, electric F-150. It's not weird or even remotely offensive for it to have a tiny American flag on it.

Blainestang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F56, R55, Pro
So I found a shirt from this place with the logo. They have two different styles. I have no idea on the quality and have never bought anything from them. Just more of an FYI.

Small Logo

Large Logo
Cool! If anyone gets one, let us know if it was decent quality! (I'll do the same if I order one)

queuewho

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lightning Lariat SR
The only thing I don't like is that it's black. Makes it look like a thin blue line flag or something like that. I wonder if some enterprising etsy seller with a cricut will make some vinyl that adds red white and blue to it.

Sponsored

Blainestang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F56, R55, Pro
The only thing I don't like is that it's black. Makes it look like a thin blue line flag or something like that. I wonder if some enterprising etsy seller with a cricut will make some vinyl that adds red white and blue to it.
Yeah, I totally get preferring it to be red/white/blue since those are the actual colors.

I just think the comments about it being "gross" are performative nonsense. It's a car emblem, the vast majority of which have 0-1 colors on them, When it's on a vehicle, a greyscale emblem doesn't mean the designers *purposely* made it greyscale to make a point (to make it look like the thin blue line emblem, for instance), rather that's just what car emblems generally look like: greyscale or single-color versions of what they might otherwise look like.

If Ford made it full color, the same people who say this version is "gross" would probably complain that the full-color version is "gross" because it's making the flag too in-your-face and is too nationalistic or some crap.

But I agree with you that I would prefer it in full color.

ddbrooke

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lightning
I bought these Lightning themed vinyl F150 badges from an Etsy shop. I decided not to put them on so they are for sale. I'm located in Natrona Heights so if you're interested of $30, message me.

Ford F-150 Lightning Cool Lightning Swag? 0EDB50C3-807B-47D6-ADC0-CB8AB1A87466
Sponsored