• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Could we expect price drop soon?

Roy2001

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla MX LR; Prius Prime
Tesla just dropped price almost back to original level. For example the most popular Model Y used to cost $50k, increased to $66k last year, now it is $53k, and it could get $7500.

I think we would see F150L price drop back to 2022 level, agree?
Sponsored

Reactions: chl

AdmiralYamo

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Honda Accord V6 EX-L 2015
Probably not. The lightning isn't exactly hurting on demand is it? I heard tesla wait list has reduced significantly to where I can easily get one off the lot in Illinois now. Economy has changed but that probably just means the wait is just less than price decreases.

Pitbull2o08

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2011 F150 FX4 Ecoboost
Tesla also has something like a 31% profit margin, maybe before the increase too, so they had room to increase sales.

theblunden

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F150 Lightning XLT
Tesla dropped the prices for vehicles to qualify for the tax credit pretty clear they can fill the demand and going to have a crazy 1st quarter. They couldn't drop one or two models they had to drop all model prices to justify the fact that they raise prices so much in a past two years due to "supply constraints"

Ford will follow suit with the Mach E and possibly the f150 when they go to the lithium phosphate batteries later this year. I wouldn't hold you breath though lol

laselvasurf

First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
23 Lightning XLT, 13 Raptor, 13 X5M, 03 Excursion
Very unlikely. Even the SR Lightning has a 100kw battery, that's a large part of the cost of the truck and larger than any model y or 3. The plaid is the same at 100kw and those are very expensive compared to an F150.

I could see a small adjustment, but the reality is there are more buyers than lightnings available and that will likely be the case for at least a year, if not three.

Sponsored

FordLightningMan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150
The only way you'd see incentives is if Lightnings sat on the lot for a while, which is the same reason Ford previously gave incentives on other models and the reason for the current Tesla price drop.

Will Lightnings end up sitting on lots? I'd guess Pro, XLT, and Lariat ER have little chance at medium term production numbers. I think that it could happen with Lariat SR... and maybe Platinum. But even then, it would likely not be a material rebate.

metroshot

First Name
Pat
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lariat F150L + 2023 MME
Occupation
Networking Tech
Not for Lightning - they will still remain high in demand for quite some time.

Mustang Mach E - yes - Tesla competes directly with MME !

I posted on the sister MME forum asking if I should reconsider my incoming MME order vs new Tesla pricing.

Majority said - no - MME is a better product!

Minh

First Name
Minh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F-150 Lightning Lariat ER
In stock inventory for Tesla model Y is now over 55k. Custom order still 53k.

Sponsored

Blainestang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F56, R55, Pro
Not for Lightning - they will still remain high in demand for quite some time.

Mustang Mach E - yes - Tesla competes directly with MME !

I posted on the sister MME forum asking if I should reconsider my incoming MME order vs new Tesla pricing.

Makes sense they would say MME is better, and in some ways it is, but now the gap between an AWD Long Range version of each is almost $20k. I think a lot of people will find it hard to justify the MME being $20k better when there are some pretty major areas where Model Y is objectively better, like charging and charging network, though.

Now, they’re trying to sell much different number of vehicles, but that’s a huge gap between two fairly similar vehicles.

Zap

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Dodge

Not surprised, really. Two cars, basically competing with each other for sales. Those who finally choose one of them understandably think they made the right choice and think it is better.

Ford owners overlook Tesla's far superior supercharging network and zero ADM/dealer packs; Tesla owners overlook Ford's large service network and the ability to actually contact and talk to someone after the sale. Choices are just a balance of what feels important. Same differences will be true when the Cybertruck starts delivering.

I suspect the profit margin on the Ford vehicles is nowhere near Tesla's, so I don't expect much of a price discount, if any. It would likely be obscured anyway by dealer shenanigans. I do expect, though, that the $12K price drop in the Model Y will really turn a lot of heads.

COrocket

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150
I think it’ll be tough for Ford to drop the price of the Lightning substantially unless raw material prices come back down. Even after massive price cuts, Tesla is selling a Model Y for mid $50k and it’s a 4500 lb car with a 75kwh pack.

The Lightning is a 6500 lb truck with a 100-130kwh pack. You’d expect a truck that weighs 50% more and can have a battery almost double the size of the Y to be priced in the $75k+ range, which is where it sits with the Lariat being the popular trim. It wouldn’t surprise me if Ford looses money on every Pro they sell. Also, there isn’t as many Lightnings rolling off the assembly line yet, so Tesla does have some economies of scale exploited that Ford still has to ramp up to realize.

GDN

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lightning Lariat ER, Performance Y
Occupation
IT
I don't know that it was any kind of indication, but seems almost every dealer has a Lightning or two on the lot form abandoned orders at the end of the year. One near me says they have 5. I can only see two of the window stickers and they were both abandoned orders. So what will happen, effectively the trucks took close to a $15K jump - losing the rebates and the 2023 price increases. Are that many people really going to stay in line to pay that kind of money for a truck?

Only time will tell, but I think we need 3 months to see if Ford really ramps the production on this truck and how many people still haven't gotten a chance to order. I never thought they'd get ramped to the 150K or more they were targeting and I think, very likely on purpose now, they never will. They don't want these trucks sitting on lots. It should only be 2 years before they have a completely different design on the road with completely different tech. There is no reason to put any more money into this truck or build them at a rate which they sit on lots.

It would be a different story if they dropped the SR Lariat and made more Pro's and XLT's but there isn't the profit in those either, so no need to do that. Ford has learned there is demand for the EV truck, but they know this one is a dead end.