• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Cup holder light installation/media bin light/glove box light

MNSportsman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Tremor
This is what sucks about this part lol so far it’s 50/50 on people getting the complete assembly if you get the complete assembly it’s a steal!! I can configure the harness to work with it no problem it’s just 1 connector that’s different and I’m a cheap ass for all that get the complete part congrats you scored a hell of a deal!!
Regardless of whatever parts bin we piece together, none of it would be possible w/o your harnesses John! ?
Sponsored

OP
OP

JHForman812

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F350
Regardless of whatever parts bin we piece together, none of it would be possible w/o your harnesses John! ?
I appreciate all the kind words guys!! The forums have done so much for me and I’m glad I can return something to the community!!

JohnMcClane

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
15 150
Did yours come with the light ring too? My cup assembly came with the lights but not the light ring. Fortunately I had bought the light ring previously and was able to retrofit it. Seems some guys are lucking out and receiving both the lights and light ring, others are not, even though we're ordering the same part #.

I was lucky enough to to get the light ring too.

STJonesin4

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Ford F150 King Ranch
Occupation
Construction
I’m happy to report I used the belt sander method to mod a non lighted cup holder today, fit and finish looks factory.
John

I appreciate all of the help that you have given everyone (and especially me) with this mod. If the world was made up of more people like you, it would be a better place..... Corny but true.

Steve

Sponsored
OP
OP

JHForman812

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F350
ok before I shipped the cup holder to @STJonesin4 I snapped some pictures. I did sand a little too far on the one side. I fixed this by using plastic weld to glue the clips down in place. I went about 1/16 to far. not a big deal just didnt want there to be a gap between the light ring and cup bottom. Ill let @STJonesin4 give his opinion of how it turned out and what could be done better maybe? for my first one i thought it came out pretty damn good lol

Ford F-150 Lightning Cup holder light installation/media bin light/glove box light IMG_2500
Ford F-150 Lightning Cup holder light installation/media bin light/glove box light IMG_2499
Ford F-150 Lightning Cup holder light installation/media bin light/glove box light IMG_2501

Badhabit

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 F150 SCrew 4x4 5.0 302A
I can configure the harness to work with it no problem it’s just 1 connector that’s different
I got the complete assembly that included the light ring. Are all the plugs in the trucks the same? I thought I read earlier that some guys had the correct connector and some didn't. I don't have my truck yet, getting built next week, so should I wait to get the harness until I see what's in there?

Ford F-150 Lightning Cup holder light installation/media bin light/glove box light 20220331_193512

OP
OP

JHForman812

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F350
I got the complete assembly that included the light ring. Are all the plugs in the trucks the same? I thought I read earlier that some guys had the correct connector and some didn't. I don't have my truck yet, getting built next week, so should I wait to get the harness until I see what's in there?

20220331_193512.jpg

congrats on getting the full part!! this is probably the most hit and miss part ive seen ever lol. the connection for the cup holder will not be there. you will need a harness for that. the media bin light there has been 1 truck found with it that im aware of nobody else has said they had the media bin connection to date. the glove box light connection isnt there either.

Reactions: GDN

64Wing

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2014 Fusion Titanium, 2022 F150 SCREW Lariat 502a
Occupation
Aviation
Any insight on swapping the MY22 environmental knobs to the MY21s for the temp readout on the knob?

OP
OP

JHForman812

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F350
Any insight on swapping the MY22 environmental knobs to the MY21s for the temp readout on the knob?

You just wanna do the knobs only? or the whole control unit? I made and attempt to swap knobs only into a platinum control head that was missing the LCD Display. upon attempting this i found 4 chips missing off the board along with the ribbon cable connectors. its not possible. swapping the whole control head is literally plug and play. I dont know part numbers, I just look for a control head that has all the options your current one does and get it and swap it.

Sponsored

64Wing

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2014 Fusion Titanium, 2022 F150 SCREW Lariat 502a
Occupation
Aviation
You just wanna do the knobs only? or the whole control unit? I made and attempt to swap knobs only into a platinum control head that was missing the LCD Display. upon attempting this i found 4 chips missing off the board along with the ribbon cable connectors. its not possible. swapping the whole control head is literally plug and play. I dont know part numbers, I just look for a control head that has all the options your current one does and get it and swap it.
Sorry, still very much in the learning stage here. What is the best resource to go digging for part numbers as you've described?

This is all very different from working on jets.....

• Haha
Reactions: GDN

SCTYDOG

First Name
Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2010 Escape Hybrid, 2015 CMax Hybrid, 2003 T-Bird
Occupation
Computer Forensic Examiner
I tried to order part# ML3Z1513562CB from oemfordpartsfast.com. They canceled my order saying they are backordered and Ford didn't know when they'd have more. Can anybody recommend another place or part number that might get me the cup holder unit with the light and all?

OP
OP

JHForman812

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F350
Sorry, still very much in the learning stage here. What is the best resource to go digging for part numbers as you've described?

This is all very different from working on jets.....

Im an aircraft mechanic for a living also.

For part numbers, dig up a 21 VIN that has all your features on the control head(heated wheel, seats, etc). Take that vin number to your dealer and have them get the part number for you. I bought a used one that had all the same buttons it worked just fine. @Hackintoshihope was the first to put one in his truck and AFAIK it was issue free. works like his old one but has LCD readouts.

OP
OP

JHForman812

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F350
I tried to order part# ML3Z1513562CB from oemfordpartsfast.com. They canceled my order saying they are backordered and Ford didn't know when they'd have more. Can anybody recommend another place or part number that might get me the cup holder unit with the light and all?

Theres no alternate part number. its either wait the back order out(even though I have stood by my feeling that the price is wrong, and hope you get the whole assembly. its 50/50 currently if people get the whole thing or not). the other option is buy the light ring HC3Z-14A318-C and the lights and make your own. I know its not as easy or cheap but it works.

Blue22

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 Lariat Sport SuperCrew 5.0L
I just called my local Ford dealer and asked about the cupholder (ML3Z-1513562-CB) I ordered a few weeks ago and he told me it had just come in. He checked it out to make sure it had the light ring and the connectors and it did so it looks like I got lucky. It only cost about $30 so there has to be a pricing error, but I'll take it. I also asked about the glove box light (ML3Z-14A411-C) and the media bin light (ML3Z-14A318-C) and he said the media bin light he could have the next day and the glove box light was coming off factory backorder on Friday and he could have it Monday. Just wanted to give you all a heads up.
Sponsored