• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Current Owners- Have you felt the paint job?

Dadalorian13

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.lightningclubsofamerica.org
Vehicles
2022 F-150 Lightning ER Lariat
My brother and I were looking over the truck and he happened to notice how insanely smooth the paint job is on the Star White Tri-Metallic. He’s convinced there’s some sort of treatment on the paint (ceramic coating) or because I got the upgraded paint color, it’s smoother. Anyone else notice this with any other color?

Ford F-150 Lightning Current Owners- Have you felt the paint job? CC17CDD3-82C2-4AB3-92B7-44D2D727A740
Sponsored

astricklin

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
99 Mercury mountaineer
Paint should be smooth, it's brand new, why wouldn't it be smooth?

Beaux

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2015 F150 Platinum, 2021 F150 Limited
I thought the same thing about my smoked quartz. It seems to be an outstanding paint job and better than the one on my 21 Limited.

OP
OP
Dadalorian13

Dadalorian13

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.lightningclubsofamerica.org
Vehicles
2022 F-150 Lightning ER Lariat
Paint should be smooth, it's brand new, why wouldn't it be smooth?
It just seems higher quality than any other vehicle I’ve ever owned. Just curious if anyone else has that on the different colors. Trust me, I can’t complain about this truck in any fashion. I’m very content.

Sponsored

Replika

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MR. PLOW - ER Lariat
The paint is very high quality. Equal or better to anything I’ve seen from the Germans. It’s also the toughest paint I’ve had, despite a few chips.

Pod

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 AMB Lightning XLT SR
The Lightning Antimatter Blue seems to have more metal flake in it compared to the other trucks and Broncos I’ve seen. But that cannot be right.

WhiteBolt

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Pro EV, 2004 SVT Lightning
Occupation
Manufacturing
The oxford white paint on my Pro is quite smooth too. Even smoother with ceramic treatment now. I'm very satisfied with Ford's paint quality ..... except for the 3/4" piece of dust embedded into the paint on the roof.

Oneand0

First Name
Mario
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Bronco Badlands & F-150 Lightning Lariat ER
Occupation
Digital Investigator
100% thought there was something going on, especially compared to my Bronco new. I have forest tree sap always coming down and had to clear coat my Bronco, so that it would come off effortlessly. With my Lightning, it did it like it had a clear coat on from the factory.

GunRack

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lighting XLT, Model 3 RWD
You'd be surprised how bad the Rivian paint is. It was one of the many reasons I sold mine. My Lightning has standard white. Seems similar to BMWs I've owned in standard white. I used to think pretty much every OEM was pretty good at paint nowadays. As it turns out, some are bad and Ford knows how to build trucks, who knew?
Sponsored