• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Damn Tesla Cybertruck will have 1000-Volt architecture and V4 supercharging speed

Maxx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
23 Pro, Sky RL, Frontier, Aurora V8, Buicks, ....
CT will be $39k, CT will be $39k, CT will be $39k, CT will be $39k
“5263 repetitions make one fact”. You need to keep going.

p.s. I have repeated the statement above 5263 times.

Edit: don’t mock that $39K too much. Folks are driving $39K PROs today because of that Tesla announcement.
Sponsored

Last edited:

F150ROD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 IB Lariat Lightning/Miata ND2 Club
Occupation
U.S. Navy Retired
“5263 repetitions make one fact”. You need to keep going.

p.s. I have repeated the statement above 5263 times.

Edit: don’t mock that $39K too much. Folks are driving $39K PROs today because of that Tesla announcement.
I’m not mocking the $39k, Ford has always sold Trucks below that price so it’s nothing new. The Pro lasted at $39k about as long as the $35k Model 3.

Maxx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
23 Pro, Sky RL, Frontier, Aurora V8, Buicks, ....
Ford has always sold Trucks below that price so it’s nothing new. The Pro lasted at $39k about as long as the $35k Model 3.
Selling trucks with 98 KWh worth of batteries in them at this price is all new. And the fact that it didn't last is more evidence that both GM and Ford came up with that $39K number because of the competition (Tesla). Once Ford realized Tesla does not have a truck and will never sell a truck at that price, they decided to cut their losses short. Chevy still has that price on Silverado site. I will give them the benefit of the doubt because they are selling Bolt at competitive pricing but I believe that unicorn when I see it. All I am saying is that competition is good regardless of how brief that goodness may be.

Although I have a bit of soft spot for GM, I am generally brand agnostic and try not to thump my chest for any company, political party or religion. The whole sale ideology of any kind is just too much commitment for me so don't take anything I say as if I am attacking one team on behalf of another.

F150ROD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 IB Lariat Lightning/Miata ND2 Club
Occupation
U.S. Navy Retired
Selling trucks with 98 KWh worth of batteries in them at this price is all new. And the fact that it didn't last is more evidence that both GM and Ford came up with that $39K number because of the competition (Tesla). Once Ford realized Tesla does not have a truck and will never sell a truck at that price, they decided to cut their losses short. Chevy still has that price on Silverado site. I will give them the benefit of the doubt because they are selling Bolt at competitive pricing but I believe that unicorn when I see it. All I am saying is that competition is good regardless of how brief that goodness may be.

Although I have a bit of soft spot for GM, I am generally brand agnostic and try not to thump my chest for any company, political party or religion. The whole sale ideology of any kind is just too much commitment for me so don't take anything I say as if I am attacking one team on behalf of another.
Ha! Attack all you want, I am the same way and the only way to improve any product is to find flaws in them and point them out. The question is whether any of these manufactures care lol

Sponsored

jerock

First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lightning
And the only place we could charge it would be at county courthouses under certain conditions!

Kev12345

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ram 1500
I think the Lightning pro will always be the best value for the money but if you have the cash for a lariat or platinum, Tesla will probably outperform on every metric for the same price.

Beezelbubba

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
150-Lightning XLT SR
Sure thing, and it will float, be bulletproof, single stainless steel body, have a range of 500+ miles, start at 40k and start delivery in the next year.

Sponsored

FordLightningMan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150
If the dual motor CT is $60k and has better specs, I am 60,000-ish in line with my reservation. I will jump on board and get more bang for my buck as soon as possible. If the specs are more like the M3SR, which is to say unimpressive versus competitors at the same price, then I'd likely keep what I have. My truck does 0-60 in 4 seconds, the slowest M3 does 0-60 in 5.8 seconds, I'm afraid what an entry level CT could devolve to in order to meet pricing targets.

If it is $80k and has more features, then my $57k XLT SR should hold its value, as it is still the best value (w/ Pro) on the EV truck market... depending on Silverado of course. I'll need to think hard about buying one at this price, $80k is likely where I'd set my max vehicle purchase price and I'll need some serious improvements over what's in my driveway already.

If it's $100k+ and blows my XLT SR out of the water, then I don't care. It would be like saying a Malibu wasn't as good as a 7 series. Different segment, it wouldn't be a viable comparison if Tesla isn't putting out an offering at $60k-$80k.

Traconesu

First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford lightning platinum
Occupation
Retired
The news was just announced at the Tesla Semi-Truck event:

https://www.cybertruckownersclub.com/forum/threads/cybertruck-1000v-architecture-v4-supercharging-confirmed-⚡-its-going-to-be-used-for-cybertruck-too-elon-musk.5775/

As off the wall as its design might be, gotta say 1000V architecture and V4 supercharging is impressive and compelling.
I'm surprised more people don't realize that the faster you charge a lithium battery the shorter its life span. Actually this is the case with any rechargeable Battery. I only charge my lightning to 85% on the average and there's no doubt my battery will last much longer than those being constantly charged to 100%.

MickeyAO

First Name
Mickey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rapid Red Lightning Lariat ER, Kia EV6 GT-Line AWD
Occupation
Lab Manager of the Energy Storage Technology Center
I'm surprised more people don't realize that the faster you charge a lithium battery the shorter its life span. Actually this is the case with any rechargeable Battery. I only charge my lightning to 85% on the average and there's no doubt my battery will last much longer than those being constantly charged to 100%.
I do!

Traconesu

First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford lightning platinum
Occupation
Retired
If the dual motor CT is $60k and has better specs, I am 60,000-ish in line with my reservation. I will jump on board and get more bang for my buck as soon as possible. If the specs are more like the M3SR, which is to say unimpressive versus competitors at the same price, then I'd likely keep what I have. My truck does 0-60 in 4 seconds, the slowest M3 does 0-60 in 5.8 seconds, I'm afraid what an entry level CT could devolve to in order to meet pricing targets.

If it is $80k and has more features, then my $57k XLT SR should hold its value, as it is still the best value (w/ Pro) on the EV truck market... depending on Silverado of course. I'll need to think hard about buying one at this price, $80k is likely where I'd set my max vehicle purchase price and I'll need some serious improvements over what's in my driveway already.

If it's $100k+ and blows my XLT SR out of the water, then I don't care. It would be like saying a Malibu wasn't as good as a 7 series. Different segment, it wouldn't be a viable comparison if Tesla isn't putting out an offering at $60k-$80k.
I don't care what they sell the cybertruck for. I love the look of my platinum and absolutely hate the looks of the cybertruck. Buyers if that truck will soon grow tired of all the spectators, unless of course that's why they're buying one, which may be the reason for a lot of people. They just like attention. Myself, I wouldn't mind if people didn't notice my lightning was an EV.

Traconesu

First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford lightning platinum
Occupation
Retired
I would be curious about charging curve (How fast for how long). Also if Smi charging stations are funded mostly by businesses that purchase them, infrastructure may not be quite available for CT for a while.

Even though I am not a big fan of any Tesla’s made so far, I think range anxiety is not as much of an issue for Tesla owners even with the existing charging rates. They don’t wonder if they can juice up when they get to a supercharger.
Apparently you don't realize, the faster you charge any battery decreases its life. I charge my lightning at home on my 80 amp pro charger, never use fast charger. I'd like my battery to last past the 8 yr warranty.
Sponsored