• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Dashboard Display bug while DC charging?

ChrisCon

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 Carbonized Grey Lightning Lariat ER
A couple days ago @Ford Motor Company posted here that if you use their navigation to navigate to A DC fast charger it will precondition the battery to accept a fast charge (like teslas) . They noted that the (doesn’t exist unless you are a mach-e) 3.6.2 update enabled this feature . Even though I have no need to use it right now since I’m in my hometown , I decided to go test out this feature . I’m now almost certain it doesn’t exist as you can check my extremely slow charging speeds in the pics below .

Anyways, while doing that , I’ve found what I believe to be a display bug in my center console . See circled photo below . This is reproducible as I’ve done multiple charge sessions and it keeps popping up .

Is this a bug or a feature ?

Ford F-150 Lightning Dashboard Display bug while DC charging? 641329B1-1391-463C-B497-B6696EEB516E

Ford F-150 Lightning Dashboard Display bug while DC charging? 7DB56EF9-D9B3-443B-9861-683FCA21CE4B
Sponsored

RickLightning

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 Lighting ER Lariat,'22 Mach-E Premium 4X
I don't know what slow charging speed you are seeing, not in the pictures that I see. But to verify whether the feature works or not, you'd need to monitor sensor temps with a OBDII reader and an app like CarScanner, and at 20 miles away (assuming you're using the navigation) watch the inlet temperature go up. And, turn off the cabin heat otherwise it's not as effective.

I believe the bug you found is because you aren't "at" the location via Navigation. As you're pulling in, if the nav doesn't say you've arrived and let you close out that destination, clear it yourself and you won't see that message.

OP
OP
ChrisCon

ChrisCon

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 Carbonized Grey Lightning Lariat ER
I don't know what slow charging speed you are seeing, not in the pictures that I see. But to verify whether the feature works or not, you'd need to monitor sensor temps with a OBDII reader and an app like CarScanner, and at 20 miles away (assuming you're using the navigation) watch the inlet temperature go up. And, turn off the cabin heat otherwise it's not as effective.

I believe the bug you found is because you aren't "at" the location via Navigation. As you're pulling in, if the nav doesn't say you've arrived and let you close out that destination, clear it yourself and you won't see that message.
Thanks very much . Your explanation makes perfect sense . That makes perfect sense about the bug .

I ordered a reader today . I also forgot to post the photos showing charge speed , so I circle back to them once I have the reader in my hands .
Sponsored