• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Dealership will NOT sell ordered Lightning

Status
Not open for further replies.

bobrosco

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F-150 Lightning
I’ve seen some similar scenarios, but never seen how any of them have resolved. I’m hoping there’s something more to be done than what we’ve got right now.

My dad reserved in early June 2021 and ordered 6/30/22 his Lightning. It arrived at the dealership Friday 10/7/22 best I can tell. They initially stated that they wanted him to sign a no-resale agreement since they thought he wanted to resell it (in reality he wanted to try to keep it, but wanted to know what options were available). The dealership insisted Ford was requiring them to enforce the no resell, and they didn’t care what he did with the truck. When he requested the documentation of the no resell so he could review it and make a decision, they promised to get back with him the following day. When they called, the message was “we’re just going to keep it”. So they will not sell the truck to him.

I understand it’s their right to do so, but I’m assuming since they missed their opportunities to add mark up at the ordering process, they’ll either transfer it to another dealership within their network or sell it at auction. It’s pretty crappy to me that they conduct business that way, so I’m open to any suggestions or advice anyone has. A formal complaint to Ford has been lodged, and Ford says since dealerships are independently owned and operated, they cannot interfere with the policies or procedures.

The dealership is All Star Ford Kilgore in Texas.

Edit: It was on the website, and has now been removed.
Sponsored

Last edited:

adoublee

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2 EVs
Did he have a signed order? If so let them know you will be contacting the State AG if they don't reverse course. If they don't, pursue with the state AG.

Saul Goodman

First Name
Saul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Formerly Mach-E FE, 2022 F150L Lariat in transit
FWIW the truck VIN on their site is a blue window sticker with a F001 order number.

Amps

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Bolt
Why not go through the motion of finalizing the purchase to the point of where they have to present the no-resale clause? Then, either accept it or walk.

If it's their mannequin, I'm wondering if that truck is really his 'factory order', or one like it?

Sponsored

lancersrock

First Name
Kody
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Honda Pilot, 2011 Mustang GT, 2013 fusion se
Occupation
Field Engineer
FWIW the truck VIN on their site is a blue window sticker with a F001 order number.
Wouldn't that make it a Dealer mannequin? I thought all special orders were green.

Remi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E First Edition, 2023 Lightning Lariat
My dad reserved in early June 2021 and ordered 6/30/22 his Lightning. It arrived at the dealership Friday 10/7/22 best I can tell.

I would be stunned if the Lightning he ordered in June 2021 is already at his dealership.

How did he manage to jump ahead of over a 100,000 plus earlier reservations?

Zprime29

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Honda Pilot, 2022 Lightning ER
Jumping ahead isn't that hard if he's in a ZEV state. He should be able to verify the truck they have matches his VIN though.

OP
OP

bobrosco

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F-150 Lightning
Are they refunding his deposits?
Yes, that was their offer. They could "do it through the website, or do it in person"
Did he have a signed order? If so let them know you will be contacting the State AG if they don't reverse course. If they don't, pursue with the state AG.
No to the signed order, I'm not aware of any Texas dealerships that have done that. I could be wrong though.
It was on the website last night, now it's a broken link. I've edited the original post.
Why not go through the motion of finalizing the purchase to the point of where they have to present the no-resale clause? Then, either accept it or walk.

If it's their mannequin, I'm wondering if that truck is really his 'factory order', or one like it?
We asked for the no resale language to be sent to us, they assured us they would. The response ended up being "you can't buy the truck".
Wouldn't that make it a Dealer mannequin? I thought all special orders were green.
Correct, his was a custom order. We have a green window sticker.
I would be stunned if the Lightning he ordered in June 2021 is already at his dealership.

How did he manage to jump ahead of over a 100,000 plus earlier reservations?
Ford F-150 Lightning Dealership will NOT sell ordered Lightning Web capture_12-10-2022_155242_shop.ford.com

PA Lightning

First Name
Tbone
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lightning Pro
What do you mean "he wanted to try to keep it"? Does you dad want to resell it?

What I have found is that anyone that is serious about keeping an ev has the charger wiring installed well before truck arrival. Does you dad have the ev wiring for the charger installed? (I realize there are exceptions with SunRun)

Sponsored

Zprime29

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Honda Pilot, 2022 Lightning ER
Dunno how much weight it holds, you could also file a complaint with the BBB (or let them know you will be filing a complaint).

KevinC

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
98 F150, VW Atlas,Fusion
I think any reasonable person would like to know what all their options are. Understanding the resale-ability is important. Just asking about it shouldn't encourage/entitle the Dealer to just keep it. With an economy about to potentially head in the toilet, the last thing anyone needs is an expensive asset they're making payments on that they aren't allowed to get rid of.

Saul Goodman

First Name
Saul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Formerly Mach-E FE, 2022 F150L Lariat in transit
What do you mean "he wanted to try to keep it"? Does you dad want to resell it?

What I have found is that anyone that is serious about keeping an ev has the charger wiring installed well before truck arrival. Does you dad have the ev wiring for the charger installed? (I realize there are exceptions with SunRun)
What? No. This is ridiculous.

RavenYZF-R6

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tacoma
I can’t figure out why people would ask about this instead of making their dealer bring it up. It’s like letting the dealer know there is a way they can keep the truck.

F150ROD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 IB Lariat Lightning/Miata ND2 Club
Occupation
U.S. Navy Retired
I thought there was a 7 day period before the dealer could move on from the customer that ordered it. They can’t just keep it upon arrival.
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.