• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Detailed Information About Ford Ordering & Scheduling Process [Note: This Was Written During ICE-Only Era]

RossRR

First Name
Ross
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
19 Lariat Screw, 22 Lariat Screw on order
  1. I placed my original order on 11/18/21
  2. I received my Vin and build week from Ford on 12/8/21
  3. I contacted my salesman to add Copilot 360 Active 2.0 on 12/17
  4. Today I saw a post on a Ford forum that stated “If you have a vin, you won’t be able to change your order. You would have to create a new build all together.
  5. Did I place my order at risk by adding in the BlueCruise option after I received my VIN?
Sponsored

Mixxfixx

First Name
TJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Coming who knows when 202? F150 screw Lariat
Occupation
Professor
  1. I placed my original order on 11/18/21
  2. I received my Vin and build week from Ford on 12/8/21
  3. I contacted my salesman to add Copilot 360 Active 2.0 on 12/17
  4. Today I saw a post on a Ford forum that stated “If you have a vin, you won’t be able to change your order. You would have to create a new build all together.
  5. Did I place my order at risk by adding in the BlueCruise option after I received my VIN?
they wouldn’t have been able to make that change for you. So either they didn’t add it or they cancelled your order and made a new order (unlikely)

RossRR

First Name
Ross
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
they wouldn’t have been able to make that change for you. So either they didn’t add it or they cancelled your order and made a new order (unlikely)
I contacted my sales person today and gave him the above timeline and my concern. He pulled up the order details that they get from Ford and said that according to the file they received my order is still scheduled for next week and Copilot Active is showing as part of the build. I guess I'll find out pretty soon for certain which is the case.

RossRR

First Name
Ross
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
The window sticker populated today in Ford's order tracker and I was happy to see that the option did get added to the original order. Whew!

DANJENS

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford e350, Ford Fusion
This may be the wrong forum but Thanks for the details on the order process. This was just posted in the blue oval forums for this weeks scheduling notes. Can anyone shed some light on what this may mean?

Balance Out Information:
  • 22MY F-150 Job1 Balance Out
  • Final 22MY F-150 Job #1 orders are due on Thursday, January 27. Spec changes and cancellation will be shut off on Thursday, January 27.
  • There will be very limited F-150 scheduling this week to conclude Job1 balance out. No SIMS orders will be generated this week.

Does the fact that job #1 orders are due this week and closing mean anything to those of waiting?

I know I am probably smoking something to hope that this means that they are going to try and catch up unscheduled orders since they will not schedule SIMS order. Or does it just mean that if you aren't scheduled this week you will be part of Job #2 for MY22. Like many I've already had my August MY21 pushed to a MY22. I read that the week of March 21 is the end of production for Job #1. It would be nice to think that I could get my truck built within 7 months of ordering it. Maybe take the kids out for late Easter break in a new F150:D. Hope springs eternal.

Thanks

Sponsored

DLav8r

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 Lariat 501A Space White 5.0
Just to make sure.. truck ordered last week, not scheduled yet. Already did a change to add co pilot active. Can I still change the color? Still waffling.

UPTHECREEK

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150
Occupation
Retired
Just to make sure.. truck ordered last week, not scheduled yet. Already did a change to add co pilot active. Can I still change the color? Still waffling.
Yes pretty sure you can make changes until its scheduled. Good Luck !!

chaseparker33

First Name
Chase
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Jeep Wrangler, 2016 ford f150 xlt
I ordered a truck on 1/31/22 and never received a conformation email. Should I be worried I didn't get one?

RossRR

First Name
Ross
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
I ordered a truck on 1/31/22 and never received a conformation email. Should I be worried I didn't get one?
No, it sometimes takes a few days to receive the email from Ford. King Ranch and Platinums seem to take much longer if yours is one of those trim levels. In my case the dealer sat on the order for 3 days before submitting it and then it took two days to get the email. Also, if the dealer doesn't include your email on the order form to Ford, you won't get notifications from Ford.

chaseparker33

First Name
Chase
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Jeep Wrangler, 2016 ford f150 xlt
No, it sometimes takes a few days to receive the email from Ford. King Ranch and Platinums seem to take much longer if yours is one of those trim levels. In my case the dealer sat on the order for 3 days before submitting it and then it took two days to get the email. Also, if the dealer doesn't include your email on the order form to Ford, you won't get notifications from Ford.
It is a lariat. I never got a build sheet either just a vehicle order confirmation sheet that looks like a computer programming page.

Sponsored

CHRISHOUSE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 F-150 Platinum (64k miles for sale) 2022 pend
Can anyone tell me whether or not the auto start-stop is still causing production delay. I have a platinum on order from Jan., do I need to delete the auto start-stop?

TTABLE213

First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2016 MKX, 2018 Mustang, 2018 F150, 2020 Escape
Occupation
Retired
Can anyone tell me whether or not the auto start-stop is still causing production delay. I have a platinum on order from Jan., do I need to delete the auto start-stop?
I would doubt it, but, talk to your dealer. Given how long many of us have waited, you may want to manage your expectations on delivery. I ordered a LONG time ago and just received the VIN last week. No sticker and no idea on date of production. I'm hoping for delivery by mid-May.

astrand1

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Fusion energi
Occupation
Studio truck driver
Good evening all. So I’m about to make an order for a F150 power boost lariat high. Pretty much loaded. I’m deciding maybe going for a platinum although I really don’t want that huge platinum badge on the tailgate. (First world problems) lol. What would you guys guess the timeline for a build would be? I realistically don’t want to take delivery until June at the earliest. (Long story) dealer told me he was thinking about 3 months give or take. Thankfully they are selling at x-plan so that’s good.

Mixxfixx

First Name
TJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Coming who knows when 202? F150 screw Lariat
Occupation
Professor
Good evening all. So I’m about to make an order for a F150 power boost lariat high. Pretty much loaded. I’m deciding maybe going for a platinum although I really don’t want that huge platinum badge on the tailgate. (First world problems) lol. What would you guys guess the timeline for a build would be? I realistically don’t want to take delivery until June at the earliest. (Long story) dealer told me he was thinking about 3 months give or take. Thankfully they are selling at x-plan so that’s good.
see my signature lol

jj4567

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F-150
What Priority Code is the dealer willing to place on your order?
Sponsored