• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Detailed Information About Ford Ordering & Scheduling Process [Note: This Was Written During ICE-Only Era]

gendibal

First Name
M
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ordered: 2022 F150 Platinum PB
I'm early in the process (just ordered on Saturday, 2/12). Already got confirmation that the order was received.

I've seen a number of folks talk about the priority number. Is this something I have to get from my dealer, or will I be able to see/find it anywhere else?
Ask for Priority 10 on your order.
Sponsored

Aron

First Name
Aron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2015 Expedition; 2022 F150 Lariat PB on order
If your dealer is willing to share the Order Summary sheet with you, it's listed on there.

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150
I started another thread on this, but probably should have just posted here…..so here we go:

No F150 Scheduling for next week (2/21/22) :(

Ford F-150 Lightning Detailed Information About Ford Ordering & Scheduling Process [Note: This Was Written During ICE-Only Era] 755404EF-E6B1-470C-810A-C504ED0557E5

Sponsored

empty wallet

First Name
mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 ford edge titanium awd, 2010 f-150 4x4,
Occupation
retired aircraft mech.
If Jack and Joe ordered themselves identical trucks, Jack "A" plan, and Joe is regular retail who gets built first? Provided dealer has allocation available..... I know pre-covid "A" plan had priority probably not so much anymore

NewToFord

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150
I ordered my 22 Lariat at the end of Nov. I have not heard anything from Ford at all related to my truck including build date or how to find out what the VIN is .
Having ordered that long ago and not having a VIN or scheduled build date suggests that 1) you ordered a high trim package (King Ranch, Platinum, or Limited), or 2) your dealer submitted your email address incorrectly to Ford when the order was placed or 3) don't know a 3rd reason. I would suggest you call your salesperson/dealer and request a status on your order and ask that he/she repeat back the email address that was submitted with your order.
I ordered two trucks in Dec, one with BAP and one without(regular sport). Lariat 502As, Co-pilot active and power deployable running boards, no bedliner or stuff that seemingly is required for the truck to be sent away. I have no build dates or any further comms following the initial confirmation. More than two months in, this sucks, an no scheduling this week. Earliest I could be scheduled is probably mid April at this point. Very frustrating.

Last edited:
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150
Looks like F-150s are on the menu for next week, boys! (I‘m assuming that not not being scheduled means that F-150s will be scheduled.)

Ford F-150 Lightning Detailed Information About Ford Ordering & Scheduling Process [Note: This Was Written During ICE-Only Era] F824B8E9-D9B6-48E7-88D4-5DBF43528950

Subhunter

First Name
Gil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Lariat 3.5 Eco, 2016 Ford explorer sport
Occupation
Analyst
Looks like F-150s are on the menu for next week, boys! (I‘m assuming that not not being scheduled means that F-150s will be scheduled.)

F824B8E9-D9B6-48E7-88D4-5DBF43528950.png
Just saw on other forum F150's are not being scheduled next week, did they run out of chips completely you would think they would send emails to people letting them know whats happening, a little communication goes a long way. Meanwhile there is this from the Detroit news https://www.detroitnews.com/story/b...ction-next-week-due-chip-shortage/6940320001/

J44snk

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyota Sequoia, Kia Sorento, F150 (on Order)
No scheduling again next week, that is 4 weeks in a row now with no scheduling for the F150!!

Ford F-150 Lightning Detailed Information About Ford Ordering & Scheduling Process [Note: This Was Written During ICE-Only Era] 3599D7B9-7407-4E7A-B5FC-1C4207722B2D

Sponsored

Wishiwas

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 XLT
Does anyone know if you can build a truck that your going to lease or does it have to be purchased?
Also, when your ready to place your order, should I just bring the build sheet in found on this site and check off what I want, or it there a proper form to use?

SomebodyInGNV

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2016 F150 Lariat 500A MaxTow 3.5L EB
Occupation
retired
Does anyone know if you can build a truck that your going to lease or does it have to be purchased?
Also, when your ready to place your order, should I just bring the build sheet in found on this site and check off what I want, or it there a proper form to use?
You can build for a lease. If you go to the Build & Price tool on Ford.com you can send your build to a dealer.

The tool can be flaky, though. Ford's order guide (available on this site here) is the authoritative source of options and combinations. I would try the order guide then confirm that what you build conforms to the guide. You can save the URL for what you built and go back to it for edits, before you send it to a dealer.
Sponsored