• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Diesel heater(new video of it running)

RickLightning

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 Lighting ER Lariat,'22 Mach-E Premium 4X
OP
OP

Dylanch

First Name
Dylan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150
I mean I did it in my Bolt and for that particular car, running the heat on my commute made a big change. Without HVAC running it went back up to my average in the coldest part of winter πŸ€·β€β™‚οΈ

Additionally if he is up in Saskatchewan I would say anything would help in limiting the range. There is only so much that preconditioning can do.
I need the range I'm-30 I'd rather use 1 to 2 ltr of diesel a dat instead of taking my f350 and burn 80

Regular150

First Name
Shawn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
18 F150 Platinum, 18 Mustang GT PP2, 14 QX80
Occupation
Purchasing
I can't believe someone would do this to their Lightning. Ford tested in cold environments. This is a really bad idea.

Not "butt hurt", just amazed that someone would do this without even determining the need (there isn't one).
Benjamin Franklin, Thomas Edison, Eli Whitney all would approve. Who are we to tell you what to do with your Lightning! Absolutely love the creativity. I'm in the South, so heater use is limited, but I again applaud your inventiveness.

BennyTheBeaver

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Lightning XLT ER
This may be the reason the EPA sticker only gives the Lightning a 9/10 on emissions.

Ford F-150 Lightning Diesel heater(new video of it running) Screenshot_20221019_232121_Acrobat for Samsun

Sponsored

lightspeed

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Lightning Lariat ER
I need the range I'm-30 I'd rather use 1 to 2 ltr of diesel a dat instead of taking my f350 and burn 80
Do you know if the loop you spliced into is also the battery warming loop? I think you would gain much more range by helping the battery warm up vs the cabin.

OP
OP

Dylanch

First Name
Dylan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150
Do you know if the loop you spliced into is also the battery warming loop? I think you would gain much more range by helping the battery warm up vs the cabin.
There are two glycol systems in the truck I had to pick one or the other I'd rather not mess with the battery

OP
OP

Dylanch

First Name
Dylan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150
Benjamin Franklin, Thomas Edison, Eli Whitney all would approve. Who are we to tell you what to do with your Lightning! Absolutely love the creativity. I'm in the South, so heater use is limited, but I again applaud your inventiveness.
Ty

Kev12345

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ram 1500
Wearing one of those heated Milwaukee/Makita battery vests might have been an easier way to stay warm but to each their own. If this doesn't tell us EV trucks need more range I don't know what does!

OP
OP

Dylanch

First Name
Dylan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150
I mean...this kind of solves the issue of range degradation in the winter months, while sipping on the fuel and giving you close to normal battery range, no?

Buying a Powerboost would only benefit OP in the winter and come Spring/Summer/Fall would be back to paying an arm and a leg to fuel it.
iv had the diesel heater for a week, and have burnt less than a dolar of fuel driving around. so im ok with that. its ran for a good 4-5 hours its quite efficent. so no, me starting my gas trucks would burn more than that heating up

Sponsored

3rdgenfan

First Name
Geoff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'23 XLT SR, G8 GXP, TDI Rabbit
iv had the diesel heater for a week, and have burnt less than a dolar of fuel driving around. so im ok with that. its ran for a good 4-5 hours its quite efficent. so no, me starting my gas trucks would burn more than that heating up
Not so sure why people are so against this. I think it serves a purpose, and clearly gets the job done.

02Reaper

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning XLT ER
Look at the temp in the top right. I'm also towing a trailer

20221102_082846.jpg
Pretty neat idea. Definitely looks to help out climate use and range from the vehicle. Would be nice if it was an add on that was turn key and built for the truck.

OP
OP

Dylanch

First Name
Dylan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150
Pretty neat idea. Definitely looks to help out climate use and range from the vehicle. Would be nice if it was an add on that was turn key and built for the truck.
I wish
Sponsored