• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

ZSC100

First Name
Zach
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 Lightning SR EG 311A
Occupation
Electrical Engineer
For those with a Pro, know that the switch: ML3Z-9C888-DA has a chrome bar on it that does not match the other side :confused:
My dealer was awesome about taking parts back when I ordered the wrong one,,, twice :(
Sponsored

jdmackes

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F-150 Lightning Pro
Those are right except you can remove clock spring as the column housing will have it included.

You’ll also need WPT-404- and WT1030 to wire to the truck.
I've got my parts and I'm ready to install, but do you know if I'm good to do the forscan change to get the button on the screen, or do I need to purchase a new hvac unit?

ZSC100

First Name
Zach
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Electrical Engineer
I've got my parts and I'm ready to install, but do you know if I'm good to do the forscan change to get the button on the screen, or do I need to purchase a new hvac unit?
If this is regarding heated steering wheel you should move it to another thread or PM.

biers

First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
eGolf
Count me as another successful ACC installation.
22 Pro Tow tech and Max
I had my parts list built and saved from the ICE F150 thread and had the wrong harness part number. I didn’t realize this until 1:00 AM this morning when I had the front end of my truck in pieces all across my garage. So I took apart both harnesses and moved the $80 connector and associated 4 wires to my stock wire harness. Put it all back together to notice I didn’t get the bumper back on it’s its full up position. Why would they let it slide on the bolts?!
So got to take it all apart again to fix that

As others said, I did the IPMA changed just after the BCM changed to get the CCM to show.

Did the calibration just fine. Got the ACC unavailable like at least one other but after a few power cycles it took. And it is amazing! Worth the 9 hours I put into it. Would have been 3-4 if I bought the right parts and got the bumper on straight the first time. Thanks everyone for the help with this.
Last two on the wish list are to add the front light bar and Intelligent Access.

Sponsored

jdmackes

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F-150 Lightning Pro
I'm in the middle of my install on my 23 pro (max towing and tow technology), and it looks like I have the wires at c134. Just want to make sure I'm not crazy, cause that would make things a lot easier and I guess I'd be done with the install now

Ford F-150 Lightning DIY: Installing ACC (Adaptive Cruise Control) and LKA (Lane Keep Alert) to 2022 F-150 Lightning XLT 16853106791816925334513667951821

Last edited:

jdmackes

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F-150 Lightning Pro
Count me as another successful ACC installation.
22 Pro Tow tech and Max
I had my parts list built and saved from the ICE F150 thread and had the wrong harness part number. I didn’t realize this until 1:00 AM this morning when I had the front end of my truck in pieces all across my garage. So I took apart both harnesses and moved the $80 connector and associated 4 wires to my stock wire harness. Put it all back together to notice I didn’t get the bumper back on it’s its full up position. Why would they let it slide on the bolts?!
So got to take it all apart again to fix that

As others said, I did the IPMA changed just after the BCM changed to get the CCM to show.

Did the calibration just fine. Got the ACC unavailable like at least one other but after a few power cycles it took. And it is amazing! Worth the 9 hours I put into it. Would have been 3-4 if I bought the right parts and got the bumper on straight the first time. Thanks everyone for the help with this.
Last two on the wish list are to add the front light bar and Intelligent Access.
Looks like ZSC100 has figured out the intelligent access, that's my next one and I'm super psyched that he was able to figure it out

3rdgenfan

First Name
Geoff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'23 XLT SR, G8 GXP, TDI Rabbit
Ford F-150 Lightning DIY: Installing ACC (Adaptive Cruise Control) and LKA (Lane Keep Alert) to 2022 F-150 Lightning XLT vAbQ0h3

Got everything buttoned up a little bit ago, laptop died while I had it out on the seat going over this thread for some clarification on things. Only had the parts sitting in my office for a few months now; school and work getting in the way of fun things.

I'll get it charged up and try to make the FORScan changes tonight or tomorrow.

Got the trim piece snapped back in place and bolted in on the wheel wells only to remember I hadn't fully taken apart the C134 connector to check for the wires but it looks exactly like the connector posted by @jdmackes

Took 3 hours to get everything apart, harness routed in the bumper, and everything back together solo aside from needing the GF to give an extra hand getting the bumper mounted back up....didn't want to drop that on the driveway. :censored:

ZSC100

First Name
Zach
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Electrical Engineer
I'm in the middle of my install on my 23 pro (max towing and tow technology), and it looks like I have the wires at c134. Just want to make sure I'm not crazy, cause that would make things a lot easier and I guess I'd be done with the install now

16853106791816925334513667951821.jpg
Looks like it, luuuuuuucky:
Ford F-150 Lightning DIY: Installing ACC (Adaptive Cruise Control) and LKA (Lane Keep Alert) to 2022 F-150 Lightning XLT 1685323562565

wighty

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning XLT (SR 311A), 2023 Genesis GV60
Can you get to C134 without fully disassembling? Want to have all of the parts when I finally get to this... in another few months lol. Busy times.

Sponsored

ZSC100

First Name
Zach
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Electrical Engineer
Can you get to C134 without fully disassembling? Want to have all of the parts when I finally get to this... in another few months lol. Busy times.
You can pull the frunk tub (it takes two people, but it's easy and clean). You can then get to the connector from below with one hand if you know what your doing, release the cam-lock, pull the male up into the frunk compartment to check/add the wires and you can even push out the plastic rivet of the stupid frunk beeper from the frunk compartment. All of this without removing the plastic upper bumper cover. I never removed the plastic upper bumper cover, but it seems that's the first thing most people do. I've had my frunk tub out over a dozen times doing various things, first time was to add the lift kit. I can do it in just a few minutes now with someone to help me set it out. And I left off the stupid left and right plastic covers, I like to see down in there any time I open the frunk, kind of like a real engine compartment :)

3rdgenfan

First Name
Geoff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ran through the coding portion of the install, had to cross check with the changes and the original livinitup spreadsheet.

Traffic sign recognition works, but getting "Adaptive Cruise Control Not Available" when hitting the cruise button.

Cleared DTCs and will let it sit overnight and see what happens tomorrow when I go take it out.

jdmackes

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F-150 Lightning Pro
Worked perfectly for me! Got a little concerned when forscan didn't detect the ccm, but I read the post where it was stated to power it through IPMA first and then rescan and that did the trick. Everything worked and was detected perfect after that (with some minor changes in the code from the first page due to my truck's accesories).

Calibration took maybe 10 minutes and everything worked perfectly after that! Didn't have any issues with having to start the truck over or wait for it to recognize or anything like that, just fired right up and works great, thanks to everyone for all the work on this!

theblunden

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F150 Lightning XLT
Ran through the coding portion of the install, had to cross check with the changes and the original livinitup spreadsheet.

Traffic sign recognition works, but getting "Adaptive Cruise Control Not Available" when hitting the cruise button.

Cleared DTCs and will let it sit overnight and see what happens tomorrow when I go take it out.
It will be working in the morning mine did the same.

3rdgenfan

First Name
Geoff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
It will be working in the morning mine did the same.
Reading your post about it is likely why I didn't go pull my hair out and check every individual line of code lol.

Power went out this morning so currently using the truck to power the fridge, will check cruise control a different time.
Sponsored