• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

ZSC100

First Name
Zach
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 Lightning SR EG 311A
Occupation
Electrical Engineer
Is anyone else finding that your tolerence settings for cruise control aren't keeping? No matter what I set mine at, the next time I start the truck it resets to 2 mph over the speed limit sign. Not sure if I made some weird change in forscan by mistake
That's weird, no, I set mine to 10 over and then to 5 over for several weeks and it always stayed through several restarts, but once I did get an OTA APIM update and lots of things kind of reset. Ultimately I turned the speed sign recognition to "display only" b/c I don't like how aggressive the changes are, both decel and accel. And as others have said there should be a mode to automatically decel, but ask for confirmation to accel. Mine very rarely mistook other signs for speed limit signs, but the aggressive nature of the changes even for valid speed limit signs to me is just too much for comfort. Why Ford didn't give us more options with this feature is beyond me.
Sponsored

jdmackes

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F-150 Lightning Pro
That's weird, no, I set mine to 10 over and then to 5 over for several weeks and it always stayed through several restarts, but once I did get an OTA APIM update and lots of things kind of reset. Ultimately I turned the speed sign recognition to "display only" b/c I don't like how aggressive the changes are, both decel and accel. And as others have said there should be a mode to automatically decel, but ask for confirmation to accel. Mine very rarely mistook other signs for speed limit signs, but the aggressive nature of the changes even for valid speed limit signs to me is just too much for comfort. Why Ford didn't give us more options with this feature is beyond me.
Yeah, I can agree with that. I'd rather slowly ramp up my speed than use extra energy to accelerate quickly.

jdmackes

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F-150 Lightning Pro
Looks like my issue either worked itself out, or maybe it just had a problem with me setting it to 3 mph over the speed limit. I set it to 5 yesterday and it worked this morning like normal, so either way it's working now

Pod

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 AMB Lightning XLT SR
Anybody have a video of this install yet? I need to see it first. If I can find that I have the wires this seems awesome.

ZSC100

First Name
Zach
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Electrical Engineer
You don't need a video to check the wires, remove your fuse box cover and passenger kick panel and look at plug C265.

Ford F-150 Lightning DIY: Installing ACC (Adaptive Cruise Control) and LKA (Lane Keep Alert) to 2022 F-150 Lightning XLT 1686160798513

See my post on page 6 to learn how this connector comes apart.

Ford F-150 Lightning DIY: Installing ACC (Adaptive Cruise Control) and LKA (Lane Keep Alert) to 2022 F-150 Lightning XLT 1686161457156

IMPA is Image Processor A, and it's just above/in the drivers kick panel, you can reach it from underneath and through the dash side panel with the door open. This is the connector that has the CCM pins:
Ford F-150 Lightning DIY: Installing ACC (Adaptive Cruise Control) and LKA (Lane Keep Alert) to 2022 F-150 Lightning XLT 1681509154916-

You can pop this connector out easily in 30sec to check if you have wires form the IMPA or not.
9,18,19,20 will have wires of the correct color based on the diagram.

Ford F-150 Lightning DIY: Installing ACC (Adaptive Cruise Control) and LKA (Lane Keep Alert) to 2022 F-150 Lightning XLT 1686160904201

Sponsored

Pod

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 AMB Lightning XLT SR
Cool, thank you. This is very helpful.

KurtsRPMGarage

First Name
Kurtis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
23 Lightning Pro, 22 Tesla Model 3, 03 C5 Z06
Occupation
Geologist
Anybody have a video of this install yet? I need to see it first. If I can find that I have the wires this seems awesome.
I'm planning on making one. Parts should be here tomorrow and I'm going to tear into it this weekend.

rio

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2016 Chevy Volt, 2023 F150 Lightning Pro
You don't need a video to check the wires, remove your fuse box cover and passenger kick panel and look at plug C265.
Just to summarize: To check for missing wires, based on your diagram and pictures, we need to inspect the IMPA connector (C242B?), and the C265 connector. What about the C134?

ZSC100

First Name
Zach
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Electrical Engineer
Just to summarize: To check for missing wires, based on your diagram and pictures, we need to inspect the IMPA connector (C242B?), and the C265 connector. What about the C134?
Well, sorry I wasn't super clear. There are three segments of wires from the IMPA and CCM. Most everyone seems to have the first. The middle segment is the one that some don't have and yes that does require you looking at C134. If you've never messed with that connector or had the bumper off, You can get to it by taking the plastic bumper cover like piece above the bumper off. It has a few screws in the fender well and then it pops off like a bumper cover.
Once you can see the connector, you're looking for these four wires.

Ford F-150 Lightning DIY: Installing ACC (Adaptive Cruise Control) and LKA (Lane Keep Alert) to 2022 F-150 Lightning XLT 1681156950543-
The final segment is the actual front bumper harness.

Last edited:
Reactions: s_c

rio

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Well, sorry I wasn't super clear. There are three segments of wires from the IMPA and CCM. Most everyone seems to have the first. The middle segment is the one that some don't have and yes that does require you looking at C134. If you've never messed with that connector or had the bumper off, You can get to it by taking the plastic bumper cover like piece above the bumper off. It has a few screws in the fender well and then it pops off like a bumper cover.
Once you can see the connector, you're looking for these four wires.
Thanks! So if I understand this correctly is it safe to say that if the wires are present in the C134, then they'll also be in C265, and vice-versa? So I only need to check one of the two connectors to check whether these 4 wires are already in place?

Sponsored

ZSC100

First Name
Zach
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Electrical Engineer
Thanks! So if I understand this correctly is it safe to say that if the wires are present in the C134, then they'll also be in C265, and vice-versa? So I only need to check one of the two connectors to check whether these 4 wires are already in place?
It's not safe to say anything unfortunately. FORD behavior with the REVC is bizarre to say the least. My wiring for Passive Entry doesn't match the color codes of the official wiring diagrams, and even more, the wire colors they used are misleading electrically.

It seems that most everyone has the wiring form the IMPA to the to C265 for the CCM, then from C265 to C134 about 50%, then everyone needs the bumper harness. They're calling this bumper cover like piece above the bumper the "upper bumper" here:

It's really not too hard to take off if you have a bit of experience with bumper covers. They you can see if you have the middle segment of wires or not.

rio

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
IMPA is Image Processor A, and it's just above/in the drivers kick panel, you can reach it from underneath and through the dash side panel with the door open. This is the connector that has the CCM pins:
1681509154916-png.png
I found the C265, but I'm struggling to find the IPMA. Do I need to remove any side panels on the driver's side to see/access it? Looking at the picture above I can't even recognize that big metal panel on the left.

My C265 female side definitely does not have the 4 wires (nothing to splice into). I assume this means the IPMA does not have the wires (though I need to confirm). Can I just bypass the C265 altogether and add the four wires directly between IPMA and C134? Does the C265 distribute these signals elsewhere as well?

I have a 23 Pro without tow tech (EG110A). My front bumper does not even have the ultrasonic sensors. Are these at all needed for ACC/LKA?

Another quick question about the harness that I would be purchasing for this (described in original post): Is this replacing an existing harness that's already in place? I'm trying to picture exactly what it connects to on all ends.

Thanks everyone for this amazing thread!

ZSC100

First Name
Zach
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Electrical Engineer
I found the C265, but I'm struggling to find the IPMA. Do I need to remove any side panels on the driver's side to see/access it? Looking at the picture above I can't even recognize that big metal panel on the left.

My C265 female side definitely does not have the 4 wires (nothing to splice into). I assume this means the IPMA does not have the wires (though I need to confirm). Can I just bypass the C265 altogether and add the four wires directly between IPMA and C134? Does the C265 distribute these signals elsewhere as well?

I have a 23 Pro without tow tech (EG110A). My front bumper does not even have the ultrasonic sensors. Are these at all needed for ACC/LKA?

Another quick question about the harness that I would be purchasing for this (described in original post): Is this replacing an existing harness that's already in place? I'm trying to picture exactly what it connects to on all ends.

Thanks everyone for this amazing thread!
Yes, with the driver's door open it the panel on the left side of the dash. Once you have the panel open you can reach up from underneath while looking into the dash to see what you're doing. The IMPA is the biggest module mounted up on the left/outside behind and to the left of that access door.

You very likely have the wiring from the IMPA to the C265 (passenger kick panel), this means you only need the wires from there on. The harness you buy from ford is the bumper harness, leaving the wires you need to add manually only from C134 to C265. In other words, the wires you have to add manually (non OEM) are the 4 wires that make up the center segment in the wiring diagram.

Alternatively, you can choose to buy the CCM pigtail, and go new wire all the way from the CCM to C265(passenger kick panel).

KurtsRPMGarage

First Name
Kurtis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
23 Lightning Pro, 22 Tesla Model 3, 03 C5 Z06
Occupation
Geologist
Another successful 2023 Pro install. Only issue I ran into was that I had didn’t input a couple values correctly. When I went to calibrate the CCM it would not make any progress. After going back, finding the mistake, and fixing it everything worked perfectly. No additional wiring required. Took about 7 hours total but probably 2 of those were the result of my input error on forscan. Ended up driving for close to an hour before I concluded something was definitely a miss. Recorded most of the install for anyone interested. Thanks for the help guys. Really an awesome feature to have.

rio

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Another successful 2023 Pro install. Only issue I ran into was that I had didn’t input a couple values correctly. When I went to calibrate the CCM it would not make any progress. After going back, finding the mistake, and fixing it everything worked perfectly. No additional wiring required. Took about 7 hours total but probably 2 of those were the result of my input error on forscan. Ended up driving for close to an hour before I concluded something was definitely a miss. Recorded most of the install for anyone interested. Thanks for the help guys. Really an awesome feature to have.
Excellent video! Thanks for putting it together. So did you have to buy the mounting bolts for the radar separately, or do they come with the unit?
Sponsored