• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Do you guys like “creep” mode?

LightningShow

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 Lariat ER
Occupation
Product Development
This might only be meaningful to past EV drivers but i noticed that the Lightning creeps forward when i take my foot off the brake just like an ICE car. My Bolt wouldn’t do that, it just sits still in that situation assuming relatively flat ground. I think i like it. I also noticed it will creep up pretty steep inclines, where an ICE car definitely wouldn’t move or even roll backward. The Lightning just kept creeping forward at the same speed. Pretty cool.
Sponsored

hturnerfamily

First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 LIGHTNING PRO IcedBlueSilver 8/23/2022
Occupation
Owner
there is so much torque in these machines that the motors are just waiting to put into action... unless you have the brake hold on.

2000Firehawk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat ER
If you use one pedal drive it will not do this. In fact, it can be completely one pedal and allow you to come to a complete stop, sit at a light or stop sign without hitting the brake and then move forward again with just the accelerator.

OP
OP
LightningShow

LightningShow

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 Lariat ER
Occupation
Product Development
If you use one pedal drive it will not do this. In fact, it can be completely one pedal and allow you to come to a complete stop, sit at a light or stop sign without hitting the brake and then move forward again with just the accelerator.
Right, I haven't been using 1PD. For whatever reason I like 2PD in this EV even though I exclusively used 1PD in my Bolt.

ErichKeane

First Name
Erich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150L Lariat ER, 2020 Niro EV, 1990 300zx TT
Occupation
Senior Compiler Engineer
This is actually the 1 reason I can't get used to 1 pedal. I'm so used to 'creep' from automatics over the years (and my wife's Niro EV ALSO creeps) that I prefer it.

Sponsored

TaxmanHog

First Name
Noel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat-ER Max Tow Iconic Silver
Occupation
Retired
I'm using 1PD, but training my foot to ever so slightly push the accelerator to get a slow creep, especially pulling into the garage, I need to pull up to the soft foam barrier between the cinderblock wall and the Lightning! Scary that I might launch it in error, maybe I'll try this creep mode to see how it plays.

VTbuckeye

First Name
Joseph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
19 Bolt, 16 XC90T8, 22 XC40 P8 Recharge, 17 Tacoma
Bolt 1pd, xc40 EV 1pd, xc90 no 1pd functionality, but auto hold is always on, Toyota Tacoma 3pd. The lightning will probably be set to 1pd from day 1.

metroshot

First Name
Pat
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lariat F150L + 2023 MME
Occupation
Networking Tech
Right, I haven't been using 1PD. For whatever reason I like 2PD in this EV even though I exclusively used 1PD in my Bolt.
Same here - can't get used to the heavy regen of my Lightning's 1PD.

Coming from a light regen, paddle selectable Honda - this takes too much accelerator feathering which does not work for me in lurching, bumpy urban roads.

I drive mine in traditional mode and use a lot of coasting and light braking for regen.

Avocadodude

First Name
Kurt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lariat
I'm using 1PD, but training my foot to ever so slightly push the accelerator to get a slow creep, especially pulling into the garage, I need to pull up to the soft foam barrier between the cinderblock wall and the Lightning! Scary that I might launch it in error, maybe I'll try this creep mode to see how it plays.
I added a parking block in my garage for exactly this reason, I have about an inch clearance and was afraid I might launch it. Found one in Lowes that has worked awesome as I train myself. Didn't have the problem in my ICE. Might have to try the creep.

RickLightning

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 Lighting ER Lariat,'22 Mach-E Premium 4X
Turn on "Auto Hold".

Sponsored

GoGoGadgetTruck

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E First Edition, 2022 Lightning Platinum
My truck only creeps when listening to a particular Radiohead song.

ExCivilian

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'05 RAM 2500 5.9L Cummins; '22 Lariat ER
Has anyone tested whether the truck won't creep when the truck detects resistance?

I've driven a few vehicles that creep unless the tires are perpendicular to an object like a curb. In theory, Taxmanhog and Avocadodude would creep up the the wall or parking block and then just release the pedal and the truck wouldn't creep anymore.

TaxmanHog

First Name
Noel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat-ER Max Tow Iconic Silver
Occupation
Retired
Has anyone tested whether the truck won't creep when the truck detects resistance?

I've driven a few vehicles that creep unless the tires are perpendicular to an object like a curb. In theory, Taxmanhog and Avocadodude would creep up the the wall or parking block and then just release the pedal and the truck wouldn't creep anymore.
I have to gently give her pedal to get a slight roll forward, I have not experimented with turning off the hold mode yet.

beatle

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model S, Ridgeline, Miata, motorcycle(s)
I can see the appeal of creep mode if you're positioning the truck into a small parking spot, lining up a trailer, or otherwise trying to be very precise, but you can still do a pretty good job with 1PD, and the auto hold while sitting at a light is great. I don't use creep mode.

cdherman

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
RAV4 Prime, 2016 Leaf
I'm gonna necromance this old dead thread and then go to bed. Forum suggested to read it -- and I was seduced.

Back in the late 60's early 70's my dad would shift the F100 into "double low" as it was called. At idle it crept nice and slow, allowing a 5y/o to avoid posts/trees etc while dad threw out bales of hay to the cows. I had no clutch or brake, just the steering.

Now, I am gonna have to try this next time out with my brother and my nephews. Have them stand on the seat so they can see and I will throw out a couple bales of hay........ I worry/wonder the pickup will somehow realize there is no legit driver and shut down. Would be proper, though a little sad....

Ford F-150 Lightning Do you guys like “creep” mode? IMGP1107.JPG
Sponsored