• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Do you use AM Radio?

Do you guys use AM Radio?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.

Wattsgas

First Name
MIke
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model S, Jeep Grand Cherokee, Ford F250
I use the AM for State traffic alerts. They have local stations here in Washington to give drivers information.

bydabeach

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lighting Lariat ER; Volvo S60 Recharge
There's a local am station out of Aitkin, Minn. that plays the best classic rock of any station I've found including Sirius. Very nostalgic with hits I haven't heard in years. I'm sure the younger listeners probably wouldn't appreciate it much though.
Try KKLD out of Prescott/Cottonwood, AZ, The Cloud. Great station. More of a soft rock, hits of the 1970s/1980s vibe, but still a solid station. It's an FM station though.

bydabeach

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lighting Lariat ER; Volvo S60 Recharge
I haven't listened to AM in decades. For the longest time, I listened to FM. I switched to SiriusXM 8 years ago and never looked back.
When my Sirius/XM subscription was about to expire with my Lightning, trying to cancel by phone (could not do it online) was more painful than a root canal. I kept getting "I need to check with my supervisor" and you will have to call back. I refused. 25 minutes later, I got a cancellation e-mail. Never again.

I hear better radio using FM/AM in NY/NJ (shore area) and TuneIn Radio. There is no better heavy metal/hard rock station than Crucial Velocity out of Canada on TuneIn. For modern/alternative, altrok out of Lincroft, NJ plays fantastic new music and new artists, as well as old "alternative" such as The Cure, Elvis Costello, Siouxsie and the Banshees, etc. IMO, no need to pay for what is better free.

Sponsored

Scarlet

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F-150 Lightning and 2021 Mustang Mach E
In college I go Sirius because it was commercial free and had a larger selection of music. When music streaming services got good enough to continuously stream over cellular, I migrated off Sirius. Now, I'm 100% streaming music or listening to podcasts. I haven't listened to the regular radio in about 20 years. Commercials are for the birds. Choice and selection are king.

astricklin

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
99 Mercury mountaineer
I like SiriusXM in my current vehicle only because I only pay $6 a month for it. Any more and I would switch to streaming. I'm hoping that having Android auto in my pro will allow me to use streaming easier and not miss the SiriusXM as the pro doesn't have it.

RRINN

First Name
Reed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Ford F-150 Lightning Platinum
Occupation
Retired Software Engineer
AM radio is the only source for coverage of some sports in my area.

queuewho

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lightning Lariat SR
I'm nearly 40, never listened to AM even once in my life 🤣

Jreed

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Ford Lightning ER Lariat Avalanche
Occupation
Retired Engineer
If you live in the LA area and you’re a sports fan you listen to AM radio. All the local sports teams broadcast on the AM band

Sponsored

viennaxmas

First Name
Sarah
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F150 Lightning Lariat
Last time I used AM was to trace the perimeter wire for my robotic lawnmower... So I still have a good old AM/FM radio for that purpose (The AM portion at least, FM is a different story)
Sponsored