• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Does FCSP still have overheat issue? Can it charge other EVs?

Roy2001

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla MX LR; Prius Prime
I have not seen any update on overheat issue. I would also like to know if it charges other EV's.

I cannot install the 100A breaker but can only net close to $700 if I decide to cell it. Given its value (80A and bidirectional charging), I think it makes sense to keep it if it is trouble free and can charge other EV's as 50A charger cost more than $700.
Sponsored

Ken

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lightning Lariat ER
I have not had any issues at 80 amps with mine since installation. It has been running probably two weeks and charging every night starting at midnight. It's also about 50 degrees here at night so heat or sunlight isn't a problem.

Firestop

First Name
Firestop
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F-150 L Lariat ER; Honda Accord Touring
Installed my FCSP on 8/18 and it updated to the high temp. fix firmware on 8/23. No charging issues since that date on 240V/100A circuit with the FCSP set to 80A. It’s delivering ~16.67kW @ ~234V/~71A up to ~90% SoC ….all measurements using CarScanner.

OP
OP
Roy2001

Roy2001

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla MX LR; Prius Prime
Thank you!

Do you guys have a chance to charge other EVs?

Firestop

First Name
Firestop
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F-150 L Lariat ER; Honda Accord Touring

Sponsored

Greygoat123

First Name
AJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Ford Lightning
Hasn’t overheated in a couple weeks for me since temps have gone down which is nice but we will see again next summer, not sure if the firmware or just the temps has helped. I have tried to charge my model Y with a couple different adapters but it’s no go, throws an error in the Tesla every time after the FCSP clicks a couple times but never actually starts charging. Sucks as I was hoping to just go to one charger, it recognizes it, sees the max amps but just won’t actually charge.

Maquis

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E E4-X; 2023 Lightning Lariat ER
Hasn’t overheated in a couple weeks for me since temps have gone down which is nice but we will see again next summer, not sure if the firmware or just the temps has helped. I have tried to charge my model Y with a couple different adapters but it’s no go, throws an error in the Tesla every time after the FCSP clicks a couple times but never actually starts charging. Sucks as I was hoping to just go to one charger, it recognizes it, sees the max amps but just won’t actually charge.
That’s interesting. I’m pretty sure @FlasherZ mentioned that he has charged his Tesla with the FCSP.
Sponsored