• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Does the truck have to be "on" to get pro power to work?

dirtdiver

First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Superduty F350, F150L 2022 Larait, Volt, R1200GS
Occupation
Engineer
If Im at a job site and need power for some hours do I need to have the truck "on"?

steve
Sponsored

OP
OP

dirtdiver

First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Engineer
Looking at some other threads it looks like it does have to be "on". It would be nice to have a generator mode- where it JUST enables Pro power but doesn't allow AC, stereo and driving.

Maquis

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E E4-X; 2023 Lightning Lariat ER
I think if you take the fob with you, the truck can’t be shifted out of P. At least no one can just get in and drive off.

Oneand0

First Name
Mario
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Bronco Badlands & F-150 Lightning Lariat ER
Occupation
Digital Investigator
I think if you take the fob with you, the truck can’t be shifted out of P. At least no one can just get in and drive off.
That’s what I was wondering, but haven’t tried it yet. The other thing, is I think you can’t lock it, or am I wrong? I will test it out later on today. I want it to power my chest fridge when I am at work in the office, instead of hauling it in.

yed19

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 F-150 Lightning Lariat, 2012 RR Sport HSE
I posted this about tailgating in a separate thread, but I would also suggest aside from locking the doors when the car is to retract the shifter and fold down the "work-table" over the shifter. I know in the case of tailgating, it would prevent some rando from trying to steal the truck or cause problems. Oh and yes, be sure to turn off the AC!

I agree there should be a generator mode though. It would solve many a use case.

Sponsored

neririn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 MachE
Does the truck need to be "on" to provide battery backup for the home? Seems like wasted energy to turn all this stuff on that no one is using just to use things the truck is 'designed' to do. Hopefully it is something that can be improved with an OTA update someday.

Maquis

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E E4-X; 2023 Lightning Lariat ER
Does the truck need to be "on" to provide battery backup for the home?
No.
Presume you’re referring to the backup via the Home Integration System.

yed19

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
And after posting above, just saw that there was an update for pro-power and there is now a button on the Fordpass app. I tried it but have not been able to try plugging anything in. Will try shortly… not sure if that means that the car does not need to be on etc…

OP
OP

dirtdiver

First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Engineer
Ive been suing my Pro power a good amount. Little compressor and then a welder and Plasma Cutter. Of course the 120v tools too.

Ford F-150 Lightning Does the truck have to be "on" to get pro power to work? IMG_4669

TaxmanHog

First Name
Noel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat-ER Max Tow Iconic Silver
Occupation
Retired
And after posting above, just saw that there was an update for pro-power and there is now a button on the Fordpass app. I tried it but have not been able to try plugging anything in. Will try shortly… not sure if that means that the car does not need to be on etc…
The TRUCK, needs to be on for PPOB to work.

The app tile gives you information about each inverter after they are turned on when working in cellular connection mode.

The app is supposed to provide control features when working in Blue tooth mode, but several of us, have tried unsuccessfully to get it to work with blue tooth connection.

BTW, you car folks need to adjust your nomenclature, it is a TRUCK!!!!!!!

Sponsored

yed19

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles

The app tile gives you information about each inverter after they are turned on when working in cellular connection mode.

The app is supposed to provide control features when working in Blue tooth mode, but several of us, have tried unsuccessfully to get it to work with blue tooth connection.

I mean... To each their own. Classification is an art. It is incorrect to call these things cars though for sure. My bad.

âś… Truck: a wheeled vehicle for moving heavy articles: such as
a strong horse-drawn or automotive vehicle (such as a pickup) for hauling

(n)Car: a four-wheeled road vehicle that is powered by an engine and is able to carry a small number of people...

Its got no engine so it fails on both accounts.

So what the hell is an EV with no engine called? An EV, I guess...

TaxmanHog

First Name
Noel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat-ER Max Tow Iconic Silver
Occupation
Retired
Its got no engine so it fails on both accounts.

So what the hell is an EV with no engine called? An EV, I guess...
That brings up another point of contention, motors vs engines ....LOL.... I need another large cup of coffee.

Firestop

First Name
Firestop
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F-150 L Lariat ER; Honda Accord Touring

Speaking of Bluetooth, I noticed my Lightning now is broadcasting two separate Bluetooh channels: One (original that shuts down when CarPlay is activated) serving the Sync 4a phone/audio; the second (new) one that appeared after my activation of PAAK. This new one obviously hasn’t been linked to the FordPass Remote ProPower feature.

For grins, I tried activating the Sync Bluetooth channel by shutting down my CarPlay to see if the Remote ProPower feature would connect to FordPass via Bluetooth…..no joy…..

RickLightning

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 Lighting ER Lariat,'22 Mach-E Premium 4X
That’s what I was wondering, but haven’t tried it yet. The other thing, is I think you can’t lock it, or am I wrong? I will test it out later on today. I want it to power my chest fridge when I am at work in the office, instead of hauling it in.
Push 7/8 9/0 on the keypad to lock it.

hturnerfamily

First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 LIGHTNING PRO IcedBlueSilver 8/23/2022
Occupation
Owner
:Leave the truck and ProPower ON
:the truck doesn't 'care' that it is ON, or even how LONG it is left ON
:LOCK the truck, usually from either the keyfob, OR the Ford app
:no one can enter the truck, therefore it doesn't matter if the truck is left ON

I have left my truck ON, in public places, quite often. I simply lock the doors, and it keeps my fridge operating. Unlike our past 100 years of experience with 'running' vehicles, the truck doesn't care whether it's ON or OFF - it's up to you to tell it so.

There IS also a setting that you may want to employ: the TIMING for the truck to turn OFF when not in gear. Set it to 'NEVER'. You can also set the ProPower ON/OFF limit to a low 'miles' number, so that the truck doesn't automatically turn OFF the ProPower when you least expect it. It's a safety feature, to keep someone from accidentally totally discharging the battery when using ProPower.

I have also left my truck ON, while powering my CAMPER, and while the truck is being CHARGED from a 240v 50amp campground outlet. The only current 'annoyance' is the main screen stays on the whole time - I used a small towel to cover it. The center screen can be toggled off, though. The 'charging ring' can also be toggled off, if you don't want others to see it glowing all night.
Sponsored