• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Drive mode: snowflake on the icon, but where is snow mode?

jazzmanmonty

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lincoln Corsair
Occupation
self employeed
I'm guessing if i emailed Ford, they would say they omitted snow mode due to "supply chain constraints" ..but it sure would come in handy right now with this blizzard... just sayin'

Ford F-150 Lightning Drive mode: snowflake on the icon, but where is snow mode? 20221222_145911

Ford F-150 Lightning Drive mode: snowflake on the icon, but where is snow mode? 20221222_145911

Ford F-150 Lightning Drive mode: snowflake on the icon, but where is snow mode? 20221222_145917
Sponsored

wighty

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning XLT (SR 311A), 2023 Genesis GV60
There is no snow mode that I've seen in the truck settings, and no mention of one in the manual. My suggestion for doing "snow mode" is to disable 1-pedal and go easy on the accelerator :)

merek

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lightning Lariat ER [6/20]
I think 1-pedal is good in the snow, its good for slowing down without locking up brakes.

I honestly don't think these modes do nearly as much as people seem to think...especially without air suspension.

Reactions: MBM
OP
OP

jazzmanmonty

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lincoln Corsair
Occupation
self employeed
There is no snow mode that I've seen in the truck settings, and no mention of one in the manual. My suggestion for doing "snow mode" is to disable 1-pedal and go easy on the accelerator :)
Ya I didn't find anything in the manual either. I'm just pointing out that why show a snowflake icon only to disappoint on the next menu.

I was wondering if disabling one pedal would be better for controlled decelleration, but I haven't had a problem yet with one pedal with a nice soft release.

wighty

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning XLT (SR 311A), 2023 Genesis GV60
So I think normal driving in the snow 1-pedal could be fine, but my logic for disabling it is if you get into an uncontrolled situation (ie you start sliding) I think a driver is more likely to instinctively let off the pedal, which in snow may worsen the situation with the strong engine braking.

Sponsored

vandy1981

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'19 Jaguar I-Pace, '22 Lightning Lariat ER
Occupation
Plumber
I've been driving in snowy and slippery conditions the last few days and it handles competently in normal mode with 1PD disabled and a light accelerator touch. I don't really think snow mode is necessary.

OP
OP

jazzmanmonty

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lincoln Corsair
Occupation
self employeed
I dealt with prematurely plowed roads today where patches of ice were exposed. Left turns were a problem since the rear kept kicking out even with soft acceleration.. it took a second or two before traction control kicked in. On my first experience, it would have been a 360 or ditch if i accelerated like i normally do. I was hoping the weight of the truck and battery would keep the rear end down but I think I still may need a few bags of sand. Traction control did straighten me out well though.

I think a snow mode with less torque to the back would help at stoplights. I did get a few seconds of fishtailing at normal launch before the truck stabilized. Felt like I was in a normal RWD truck for first few seconds. Hopefully Ford gets some good feedback from this first big snowstorm to push an appropriate update.

Artificial Intelligence

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Looking
I dealt with prematurely plowed roads today where patches of ice were exposed. Left turns were a problem since the rear kept kicking out even with soft acceleration.. it took a second or two before traction control kicked in. On my first experience, it would have been a 360 or ditch if i accelerated like i normally do. I was hoping the weight of the truck and battery would keep the rear end down but I think I still may need a few bags of sand. Traction control did straighten me out well though.

I think a snow mode with less torque to the back would help at stoplights. I did get a few seconds of fishtailing at normal launch before the truck stabilized. Felt like I was in a normal RWD truck for first few seconds. Hopefully Ford gets some good feedback from this first big snowstorm to push an appropriate update.
are you using 1PD
Sponsored