• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored
OP
OP
Bandit216

Bandit216

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E GTPE, Lightning Lariat
...I think Ford underestimated the knowledge level, determination, and skill of some future owners.
And over-estimated the knowledge level and skill of others.
Sponsored

Gimme_my_MME

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Grabber Blue First Edition Mustang Mach-E
Occupation
Engineer
But will you be able to designate whether a destination is a charging location, or will it only work automatically for the Ford Network chargers? I've found there are many DC fast chargers out there that are not shown when you are searching Sync nav for the nearest charger - either they are too new or they are not part of the Ford network
Very valid point, however initially it will only work if the destination is navigated to via the Ford Sync Navigation. So it will not be toggleable but should work even if it isn't part of the Ford charging network but it knows it is a charger

meow

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat ER; 2024 Hyundai Ioniq 5 SEL
Very valid point, however initially it will only work if the destination is navigated to via the Ford Sync Navigation. So it will not be toggleable but should work even if it isn't part of the Ford charging network but it knows it is a charger
That's... dumb.

More configuration buttons/options. They don't even need to physically add more to the truck because of the infernal touchscreen!

Let's have an advanced mode 🤣

vandy1981

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'19 Jaguar I-Pace, '22 Lightning Lariat ER
Occupation
Plumber
Impressive post. Thanks for sharing!

How on Earth do you keep the truck so clean in the dead of winter?

OP
OP
Bandit216

Bandit216

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E GTPE, Lightning Lariat
Impressive post. Thanks for sharing!

How on Earth do you keep the truck so clean in the dead of winter?
It's easy. You wash the vehicle just after the first snowfall in October and, since the snow doesn't melt until April, it stays clean. (Also, they don't use salt on the road to melt the ice because it doesn't work.)

Sponsored

vandy1981

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'19 Jaguar I-Pace, '22 Lightning Lariat ER
Occupation
Plumber

EVben

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lightning, Ranger
It's easy. You wash the vehicle just after the first snowfall in October and, since the snow doesn't melt until April, it stays clean. (Also, they don't use salt on the road to melt the ice because it doesn't work.)
Ha, I had the pleasure of living a couple years in Fairbanks after growing up in MN. Seemed instead of salt, everyone just has a cracked windshield from the gravel. Fantastic pictures and report!

PungoteagueDave

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla MX, Porsche C4S, Ford F-350 KR, Ford F-150 K
Occupation
retired
Ha, I had the pleasure of living a couple years in Fairbanks after growing up in MN. Seemed instead of salt, everyone just has a cracked windshield from the gravel. Fantastic pictures and report!
The windshield cracks aren’t normally from gravel. They are usually spontaneous cracks due to the extreme cold and temperature disparity between exterior and interior. Manufacturers do not build or test for these extremes. You’ll see the same phenomenon in Montana and Wyoming’s higher elevations where temps are routinely 20 degrees or more below zero for extended periods - nearly every truck has a cracked windshield - and no point in repair - folks I know out there see the crack as the point of reduced stress and a necessary step in owning a new truck.

EVben

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lightning, Ranger
The windshield cracks aren’t normally from gravel. They are usually spontaneous cracks due to the extreme cold and temperature disparity between exterior and interior. Manufacturers do not build or test for these extremes. You’ll see the same phenomenon in Montana and Wyoming’s higher elevations where temps are routinely 20 degrees or more below zero for extended periods - nearly every truck has a cracked windshield - and no point in repair - folks I know out there see the crack as the point of reduced stress and a necessary step in owning a new truck.
Interesting, I didn’t know that, had always just assumed it was the roads, the more you know.
Sponsored