• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

EA Survey 4.1.2 - lots of info Ford wanted

metroshot

First Name
Pat
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lariat F150L + 2023 MME
Occupation
Networking Tech
Received a Ford EA survey and they had a LOT of questions on the rollout, information, features, improvements.
Took over 10 minutes to complete the survey.
Looks like Ford cares about future OTA updates.

Ford F-150 Lightning EA Survey 4.1.2 - lots of info Ford wanted Screen Shot 2023-01-25 at 8.01.44 AM
Sponsored

MichaelCA

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 Lightning Lariat ER, 22 Model 3 LR, 16 Stang GT
Got and answered it as well. What changes are you guys looking for? I forgot to mention to Ford that saving my auto park brake setting as a crucial feature I want.

EdwinT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
23 Lightning Pro, Matrix, 91 Galant VR4 (for sale)
Got and answered it as well. What changes are you guys looking for? I forgot to mention to Ford that saving my auto park brake setting as a crucial feature I want.
Speaking of that, if the auto parking brake (when in drive + opening a door) cannot be disabled, I think that should be a feature. I open the door sometimes in my ICE car to see something. I don’t have the 360 camera system so I may have to open the door one day

hikinbengal

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lightning Lariat ER, Outback, Jeep TJ, Audi A3
Occupation
Engineering Progam Manager
I still asked for true customization of the cluster screen. I want to be able to have the battery percentage visible at all times and see my side-view camera when I use my blinker.

I also miss the ability to minimize the main screen to get more details in the recent apps section. If anyone knows how to do this after 4.1.2 please let me know.

F150ROD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 IB Lariat Lightning/Miata ND2 Club
Occupation
U.S. Navy Retired
I still asked for true customization of the cluster screen. I want to be able to have the battery percentage visible at all times and see my side-view camera when I use my blinker.

I also miss the ability to minimize the main screen to get more details in the recent apps section. If anyone knows how to do this after 4.1.2 please let me know.
I asked for these very same things. Although I don’t think they were asking about the vehicle software but more Sync.

I also requested the battery percentage be on display at least at the top of the center screen. Maybe the picture of the truck with a Percentage? Also ask for icons on the top of the screen of our choosing, so if I wanted to look at YT I have access to it without digging in the menus, or driving modes etc.

Edit: I also ask for a Pre-condition anytime I want button (Ford Pass) instead of scheduling,

Last edited:

Sponsored

Pioneer74

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat ER - 2022 Mach-E Premium
Occupation
Electrician
The side camera shows the ground. What benefit would you get by having it displayed when you turn the blinker on?

hikinbengal

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lightning Lariat ER, Outback, Jeep TJ, Audi A3
Occupation
Engineering Progam Manager
The side camera shows the ground. What benefit would you get by having it displayed when you turn the blinker on?
What ever these views are.

Ford F-150 Lightning EA Survey 4.1.2 - lots of info Ford wanted 1674669802475

I rented a Kia with this, and I liked it quite a bit.

ChrisCon

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 Carbonized Grey Lightning Lariat ER
Things I want
-- Full, Detailed, Super Nerdy Release Notes in addition to the summaries covering every little bit of code that changed. Tell me everything.

--Ability to request a software update and install when it becomes available, like IOS or Android updates.. It pushes to everyone or a select group (EA) and we press one button and it installs. None of this voodoo to get an update.
--SOC in a number and percentage right on the new top task bar.
--Ability to customize this task bar with one touch features like one button to bring up the exact camera I want to see or one button to turn on certain sections of the zone lighting in one push.
--Ability to permanently remove the recently used app bar thing and make CarPlay even larger.
--The new UI is snappier and more responsive, but I'd love to see optimized code where it's on bar with Tesla snappiness. Speed!
-- Complete redo of the workflow of departure times. There has to be a better way
-- A minor quibble, but I wish there was a cohesive design language of the app icons in the app drawer as all the new colors and designs seems slightly disjointed to me.

That all being said , "chefs kiss" to the ford power up team.. If you told me we would get a near completely new UI that solved many of our major issues during the entire lifetime of the truck (let alone less than a year) when I took delivery, I'd tell you that you were the king of wishful thinking.
Sponsored

Last edited: