• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Early Access Program: Software Update Icons And Notifications survey

bmwhitetx

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 Lightning Lariat ER
Occupation
Retired engineer
Just got my first Early Access Program task. It's a survey on "Software Update Icons And Notifications". Was really hoping for something more meaty but this is certainly an area that is ignored by me with the useless icon on the top right of the screen. Lots of questions on how I would like to be notified in-vehicle when a software update is complete, pending, failed, etc and ranking various methods (red dots with numbers, different color dots, different symbols in dots).

I had to predicate many of my responses on the fact that there are very few updates and preference would change if they start pushing out more than one every month or two!
Sponsored

GDN

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lightning Lariat ER, Performance Y
Occupation
IT
Just got my first Early Access Program task. It's a survey on "Software Update Icons And Notifications". Was really hoping for something more meaty but this is certainly an area that is ignored by me with the useless icon on the top right of the screen. Lots of questions on how I would like to be notified in-vehicle when a software update is complete, pending, failed, etc and ranking various methods (red dots with numbers, different color dots, different symbols in dots).

I had to predicate many of my responses on the fact that there are very few updates and preference would change if they start pushing out more than one every month or two!
Received it and responded earlier too. If they are going to survey and ask, I'm very happy to have a voice and give feedback. It does amaze me that they can't take a step back and look at the mess their GUI is however. I made selections and gave feedback, but also encouraged them to go rent a Tesla for a week to review how to get a good start on it.

Telsa just updated their app again - amazing control and they even list the SW release notes in the app on the phone. I know they have 10 years head start, but Ford should just cheat a little and do a little copying.

Pioneer74

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat ER - 2022 Mach-E Premium
Occupation
Electrician
I responded. I also let them know about the heated steering wheel problem with preconditioning and told them they need some kind of way for us to submit bugs to the software people so we don't have to take our vehicles to a dealer for something they can't fix.
Sponsored