• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

intrepidagent

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Lightning Lariat on order
Occupation
Self
I'd like to see a setup that levels out the rear without a major compromise in ride quality. 2" or so? Here's a pic from Ford:

Ford F-150 Lightning Eibach R&D for Lightning lowering kit, leveling kit and lift kit -- submit your input Level Lightnin
Sponsored

RudeLightning

First Name
Rudi
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22' Lightning Platinum, 22' Bronco Badlands
I like the low & mean profile, makes it look faster when the wheel well gap is eliminated.

intrepidagent

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Self
I like the low & mean profile, makes it look faster when the wheel well gap is eliminated.

So do I as I'm not likely to do any serious off roading with mine. The low look was a digitally produced pic I saw online. Likely 22" wheels if not 24". That's a bit too extreme for a pickup IMHO.

Sponsored

Snappy22

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Honda Pilot, Honda CRV
What company should we be looking to for a body kit?

intrepidagent

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Self
@Eibach I’d like to put in a deposit for this.
Actually I’m. In on that as well.
A 2” front and rear drop would be nice to keep the rake for aerodynamics but a 2/4 would look better. Removing the floating feel is definitely needed.
A “rake” with a ‘ass up’ attitude doesn’t benefit aerodynamics as it presents more surface area to oncoming air. A leveling kit would that drops the rear end would.

brewski

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F150L Platinum
Occupation
Yes
Would love to see a good lowering kit that doesn't kill ride quality and still supports the stock tire size. A little less lean in the turns would be nice too.
Many years ago when I fiddled more with my vehicles, I swapped out the stock rubber swaybar bushings with polyurethane bushings. Made a big difference. One might argue, if you are going to the effort to swap the bushings, why not get a bigger sway bar.

Sponsored

daveross1212

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 Tahoe Z71, 22 X5 45e, '22 F150L Lariat ER
awesome - keep us posted. Really interested in this!

webspoke

First Name
Stan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lightning! F450, GT500
A couple of points after leveling my front with bilsteins ICE f150 kit. The floaty ride comes mainly from the front shocks weak damping. Replacing those can cure it, without adding any harshness, eibach can fix that.

Lowering the rear, the rear suspension semi trailing arm design has limited range of adjustment for camber and toe, which will get more negative as you lower it. 2-3" is probably all you can get, and may still have more tire wear on the inside shoulder from the camber - it is negative already at stock ride height.

OP
OP
F150ROD

F150ROD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 IB Lariat Lightning/Miata ND2 Club
Occupation
U.S. Navy Retired
Picked up the Lightning today, prototypes are in progress. They did add the ICE F-150 shocks to the front for leveling, looks good to me. Rides a bit stiffer but has taken care of the bounce for sure. I’ll be driving this week and providing feedback on these. They informed me that OE ICE shocks came in at 500 lbs/in vs the Lightning 580 lbs/in, so the available Eibach leveling shocks should handle it appropriately. The lift from the front ranges from 0-2 inches. Stay tuned!

Before:
Ford F-150 Lightning Eibach R&D for Lightning lowering kit, leveling kit and lift kit -- submit your input 14D4756D-126D-4972-B81A-BFBDE77461F8

After:
Ford F-150 Lightning Eibach R&D for Lightning lowering kit, leveling kit and lift kit -- submit your input 1F84A879-B83C-45A4-A51B-6AA0047BAE1B
Sponsored

Last edited: