• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Yellow Buddy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150L Pro, Rivian R1T, Model S, Model X
Occupation
Smart Ass
If anyone has any question they want me to relay back to Eibach R&D please let me know.
A couple from me...

1. Any impact to payload/towing?
2. Does this throw the onboard scales out of whack? Will adjustment/relocation of the sensors be needed?

OP
OP
F150ROD

F150ROD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 IB Lariat Lightning/Miata ND2 Club
Occupation
U.S. Navy Retired
A couple from me...

1. Any impact to payload/towing?
2. Does this throw the onboard scales out of whack? Will adjustment/relocation of the sensors be needed?
I’ll ask but I don’t think they went that deep into R&D, the spring rates are higher than OEM. As far as the onboard scales there are no issues with mine, still that same as with OEM suspension. The sensors are all in OEM locations.

Edit(Answers to questions)

1. We are going to release the pro-kit first, the lift stuff we have made a few changes and will need to test fit just to verify those changes. No ETA but my best guess is about 4-5months out before we have product on the shelves.
  2. The shocks we did design so that they would work with both the lift and lowering. The lower springs themselves will work with either the OE shocks or our shocks.
  3. It won’t impact the total payload/towing, however when its lowered it will diminish the ride quality a bit if you are fully loaded down. If order to get lowering out of the back, it brings the rear arm pretty close to the bump stop.
  4. Both lowering and lift will affect the onboard scales, we currently don’t have a solution to adjust them. It may be possible to correct it with and adjustable link to the sensor, outside of a mechanical solution we have no way of doing anything electronically here.

Last edited:

Sponsored

Voxx23

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F150 Lightning Platinum
Occupation
Boss guy
@F150ROD Is there any update on the lowering kit from Eibach? Even info that they will put one out vs release date for that matter?

Curious as I want to do this but hoping that a kit will cancel out the camber issues that happen with current method of lowering the lightning.

OP
OP
F150ROD

F150ROD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
U.S. Navy Retired
@F150ROD Is there any update on the lowering kit from Eibach? Even info that they will put one out vs release date for that matter?

Curious as I want to do this but hoping that a kit will cancel out the camber issues that happen with current method of lowering the lightning.
No update yet

OP
OP
F150ROD

F150ROD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
U.S. Navy Retired
I was able to get a hold of the prototype lowering springs. I am thinking of lowering the truck just to give some feedback.

Only hesitation I’m having is my wheel and Tire setup, I’m thinking because of the width and offset (9.5 +15) it is going to rub. I’ll post pics comparing the lowering springs to the stock springs later.

The lift kit has been great! Very little change in range and the truck is very stable in corners, on the road, going through dips, rough patches, basically anything you throw at it.

I did put on my new tire and wheel setup which affected range, now to figure out whether it’s the tire or wheels spec that affects range the most.

Ford F-150 Lightning Eibach R&D for Lightning lowering kit, leveling kit and lift kit -- submit your input IMG_2376

Strangatang

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Ford Lightning
well cant wait to hear the feedback and would like to know the specs on your vossens

Sponsored

Strangatang

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Ford Lightning
sorry, shouldve also asked for tire specs. they look great btw

metroshot

First Name
Pat
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lariat F150L + 2023 MME
Occupation
Networking Tech
I’ll ask but I don’t think they went that deep into R&D, the spring rates are higher than OEM. As far as the onboard scales there are no issues with mine, still that same as with OEM suspension. The sensors are all in OEM locations.

Edit(Answers to questions)

1. We are going to release the pro-kit first, the lift stuff we have made a few changes and will need to test fit just to verify those changes. No ETA but my best guess is about 4-5months out before we have product on the shelves.
  2. The shocks we did design so that they would work with both the lift and lowering. The lower springs themselves will work with either the OE shocks or our shocks.
  3. It won’t impact the total payload/towing, however when its lowered it will diminish the ride quality a bit if you are fully loaded down. If order to get lowering out of the back, it brings the rear arm pretty close to the bump stop.
  4. Both lowering and lift will affect the onboard scales, we currently don’t have a solution to adjust them. It may be possible to correct it with and adjustable link to the sensor, outside of a mechanical solution we have no way of doing anything electronically here.
Did they have to do a 4 wheel alignment for stage 1 ?

Any calibration change needed for the cameras and sensors ??

OP
OP
F150ROD

F150ROD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
U.S. Navy Retired
Did they have to do a 4 wheel alignment for stage 1 ?

Any calibration change needed for the cameras and sensors ??
Yes, you will need an alignment. As far as Calibration, so far I have not had any issues with cameras or sensors, no calibration has been done.

But you bring up an interesting point, is there a way to reset calibration?

Yellow Buddy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150L Pro, Rivian R1T, Model S, Model X
Occupation
Smart Ass
I was able to get a hold of the prototype lowering springs. I am thinking of lowering the truck just to give some feedback.

Only hesitation I’m having is my wheel and Tire setup, I’m thinking because of the width and offset (9.5 +15) it is going to rub. I’ll post pics comparing the lowering springs to the stock springs later.

The lift kit has been great! Very little change in range and the truck is very stable in corners, on the road, going through dips, rough patches, basically anything you throw at it.

I did put on my new tire and wheel setup which affected range, now to figure out whether it’s the tire or wheels spec that affects range the most.

IMG_2376.jpeg
If you’re still mulling it over, ship them to me and I’ll get a couple thousand miles on them pronto.

I’m willing to do highway testing, gather data with an OBD, and do testing on the impact to the scales as well.

Yes, you will need an alignment. As far as Calibration, so far I have not had any issues with cameras or sensors, no calibration has been done.

But you bring up an interesting point, is there a way to reset calibration?
You can initiate calibration for the cameras and sensors with FORSCAN. They were necessary for going back and forth with the factory tow mirrors as the cameras are in a different location.
Sponsored