• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Electric motor clicking sound

TaxmanHog

First Name
Noel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat-ER Max Tow
Occupation
Retired
There is a setting to activate a hold mode for the brake once you come to a full stop, see if that is on, turn it off and see if you hear less of the questionable noise, but be aware of being on slight inclines that you may need to use the accelerator to prevent roll back or slide your foot to the brake pedal to hold your position
Sponsored

F150_lightning

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
‘22 Lightning Lariat ER
There is a setting to activate a hold mode for the brake once you come to a full stop, see if that is on, turn it off and see if you hear less of the questionable noise, but be aware of being on slight inclines that you may need to use the accelerator to prevent roll back or slide your foot to the brake pedal to hold your position
Thanks taxman. That was actuallythe first thing I changed (thanks to a thread on this forum). Its off.

Truck is with dealer now... not holding my breath though.

CallOnColin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F-150 Lightning SR
Thanks taxman. That was actuallythe first thing I changed (thanks to a thread on this forum). Its off.

Truck is with dealer now... not holding my breath though.
You ever hear back from your dealer? I have the same thing — totally sounds like a deliberate electronic break. Only thing they gives me pause is that toggling the auto-hold button on/off doesn’t do anything. Same sounds. Could very well be normal (it’s for sure not clicking like the thread you were directed to), but I’m curious if you ever heard anything.

Amps

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Bolt
totally sounds like a deliberate electronic break. Only thing they gives me pause is that toggling the auto-hold button on/off doesn’t do anything. Same sounds. Could very well be normal
Switch off one-pedal driving and auto-hold and see if it goes away. All of this sounds like normal servo-actuated brakes. I'm pretty sure that one-pedal applies the friction brakes when it regens to a stop and releases them when the accelerator is pushed and it's time to move again. I think those sounds are normal and I can hear them because the truck is so quiet.

F150_lightning

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
‘22 Lightning Lariat ER
You ever hear back from your dealer? I have the same thing — totally sounds like a deliberate electronic break. Only thing they gives me pause is that toggling the auto-hold button on/off doesn’t do anything. Same sounds. Could very well be normal (it’s for sure not clicking like the thread you were directed to), but I’m curious if you ever heard anything.
Yep. They told me I’m SOL. Their demo truck made same sound. I had to go back to two pedal driving. Super bummed to be missing out on the regen but the noise annoys me.

Sponsored

F150_lightning

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
‘22 Lightning Lariat ER