• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Emporia Home Electric Usage Monitor System

jimfigler

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
23 Lightning Pro, 21 Corvette Convertible
If you don’t have one of these, get one! Easily see where the electricity is going and when. I do think it is more useful early in it use as it will show you where possible waste is happening and you can make adjustments in use or changes in hardware. Once you get optimized youll probably just it for cost or usage breakdowns.
So for me it helped me find a huge waste. we have a finished basement that had 22 old style 2x2 drop ceiling fluorescent lights with dual u shaped bulbs on 4 switches. I have swapped out just 6 so far with 6” LED lights, the remaining 16 fluorescent still pull 11 amps (1.31 kW) when all are on, the 6 LED pull 0.19 amp or 0.04 kWh . I’ll have another 6 swapped out this week.

Smart Home Energy Monitor with 16 50A Circuit Level Sensors | Vue - Real Time Electricity Monitor/Meter | Solar/Net Metering https://a.co/d/22GuOjQ
Sponsored

Pioneer74

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat ER - 2022 Mach-E Premium
Occupation
Electrician
I love my Emporia products. I have an EV charger, a whole house monitor with the 16 circuit monitors and am using another whole house monitor on my FCSP. Can't recommend their products enough.

LightningShow

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 Lariat ER
Occupation
Product Development
I just installed the one with the 16 circuit clamps last week. I’ll be buying a second one soon for my barn service panel. It’s a great tool.

OP
OP
jimfigler

jimfigler

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
23 Lightning Pro, 21 Corvette Convertible
I love my Emporia products. I have an EV charger, a whole house monitor with the 16 circuit monitors and am using another whole house monitor on my FCSP. Can't recommend their products enough.
I may get the 48amp EV charger next year to replace my Lectron 32amp.
Sponsored