• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

MurphysLaww

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Lariat Lightning ER,Cayman,Miata,Q7
Occupation
Systems Engineer
Just saw this today. Not sure it will be compatible with the lightning or not.

https://enphase.com/ev-chargers/bidirectional

Unfortunately, we didn't know much about the solar system being installed, at our home, and we ended up with non-compatible micro-inverters. Looks like we'd need $1500 in inverters to replace the ones IQ7X's we have, and Then the updated controller, I think at another $1.5k.
Sponsored

Blochead21

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Black 22 XLT 311pkg
This is awesome to hear. We just got our solar up and running last week. I’ve been waiting on the emporia bi directional charger but it looks like it’s been delayed.

luebri

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22' F150 Lightning (Lariat ER), 22' Pathfinder SL
Thanks for sharing! I have a Enphase system with IQ8A micro inverters that was installed late last year. Not sure if IQ8 is different or just a series that the IQ8A would fall into.

Looks like I'll have to dig into this further. Hopefully it is dramatically less than Ford/Sunrun HIS.

For purely whole home power I am still not a huge fan of this concept as I don't like the notion of having a set of handcuffs on my truck when the power is out. If a system like this could be used fairly seamlessly either with a traditional generator or the truck then that would be sweet.

Im still skeptical there would be enough value to do it, but the tech sure is cool. The other benefits seem like they will need Utility support and my guess is that is probably years away.

BennyTheBeaver

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Lightning XLT ER
Awesome! I'm personally waiting for Emporia's V2X to come out, but more competition is always better for consumers!

bmwhitetx

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 Lightning Lariat ER
Occupation
Retired engineer
I suspect this info box on their home page would preclude Ford. I would think Sunrun has exclusive rights for a while at least:
Ford F-150 Lightning Enphase releasing Bidirectional EV charger soon 1675389218279

weekdaysailor

First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lightning Pro
Occupation
retired
Thanks for sharing! I have a Enphase system with IQ8A micro inverters that was installed late last year. Not sure if IQ8 is different or just a series that the IQ8A would fall into.

Looks like I'll have to dig into this further. Hopefully it is dramatically less than Ford/Sunrun HIS.

For purely whole home power I am still not a huge fan of this concept as I don't like the notion of having a set of handcuffs on my truck when the power is out. If a system like this could be used fairly seamlessly either with a traditional generator or the truck then that would be sweet.

Im still skeptical there would be enough value to do it, but the tech sure is cool. The other benefits seem like they will need Utility support and my guess is that is probably years away.
You'd still need a stationary battery for "seamless" uninterrupted power.

IQ8 is the series, in which there are a number of models (for different panel configurations, etc)
Sponsored