• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

EV retractor just installed

Fast911

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Silverado sold
Got this on Amazon. Emporia EV retractor. Works good. Solidly built, cable locks in place with slight pull and stop. Keeps the cable off the ground. No need to keep rolling back the charging cable every time before and after charging.

Ford F-150 Lightning EV retractor just installed IMG_8318

Ford F-150 Lightning EV retractor just installed IMG_8321

Ford F-150 Lightning EV retractor just installed IMG_8319

Ford F-150 Lightning EV retractor just installed IMG_8317

Ford F-150 Lightning EV retractor just installed IMG_8316

Ford F-150 Lightning EV retractor just installed IMG_8315

Ford F-150 Lightning EV retractor just installed IMG_8313

Ford F-150 Lightning EV retractor just installed IMG_8311

Ford F-150 Lightning EV retractor just installed IMG_8309
Sponsored

Last edited:

RickLightning

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 Lighting ER Lariat,'22 Mach-E Premium 4X
Price is absurd.

Sponsored

jimfigler

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
23 Lightning Lariat ER, 21 Corvette Convertible
Price is absurd.
I'm thinking you can buy one of those retractable extension cords for $40-$50 and modify it to do the same thing. Chop the ends off and attach a clamp. (i'm not talking about using the extension cord to charge, just as a retracting cable)
Ford F-150 Lightning EV retractor just installed 61gnMZLdOHL._AC_SX679_

RickLightning

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 Lighting ER Lariat,'22 Mach-E Premium 4X
Someone posted on the Mach-E forum where they bought a bunch of cheap keychain retractors, and used a curtain rod to slide them along the ceiling.

I wouldn't pay $200 to hold my cord.

mb0220

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lariat ER
Ahh! A fellow Rivian + Lightning owner!!

OP
OP

Fast911

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Silverado sold
Ahh! A fellow Rivian + Lightning owner!!
I like the lightning more than the rivian truck. The R1S took 4 1/2 years to get while I got the lightning in 13 months. The wife loves her R1S. That compass yellow color catches everyone eyes. Either you like it or hate it, though more likes than dislikes.

mb0220

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lariat ER
I like the lightning more than the rivian truck. The R1S took 4 1/2 years to get while I got the lightning in 13 months. The wife loves her R1S. That compass yellow color catches everyone eyes. Either you like it or hate it, though more likes than dislikes.
Disregarding wait times, I like them both, but for different reasons of course. The R1S is certainly more refined, drives tighter, and software is better. Lightning is of course a truck so it drives like one but that's not necessarily a bad thing. It's cushier for long trips and I like the utility of it.

The one spot where I think Rivian falls short is interior utility, and this is maybe just because Ford has so many years of market experience. But in the Lightning there are so many useful bins and pockets to keep things while the Rivian is much more sparce. Maybe the minimalist approach is what they were going for, but with a family I like having all the nooks and crannies to keep things like umbrellas and wipes and tools, etc.

Sponsored
OP
OP

Fast911

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Silverado sold
Disregarding wait times, I like them both, but for different reasons of course. The R1S is certainly more refined, drives tighter, and software is better. Lightning is of course a truck so it drives like one but that's not necessarily a bad thing. It's cushier for long trips and I like the utility of it.

The one spot where I think Rivian falls short is interior utility, and this is maybe just because Ford has so many years of market experience. But in the Lightning there are so many useful bins and pockets to keep things while the Rivian is much more sparce. Maybe the minimalist approach is what they were going for, but with a family I like having all the nooks and crannies to keep things like umbrellas and wipes and tools, etc.
You couldn’t have said it any better. You are right on point for the Rivian and Ford.

GingerBear85

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F-150 Lightning Lariat ER - Stone Metallic
Occupation
Construction
I L I K E it!

Edit:
😳 N O T THE P R I C E!
Went on Amazon just to have a look and it recommended an EVo alternative that makes the Emporia look like a bargain! 😳 I’ll consider something like this when the prices are slightly more reasonable.

EVoCharge Universal Cable Retractor for EV Chargers, Works with All EV Charging Stations, Wall Mounted Cable Management System https://a.co/d/0cWnwy1

mr.Magoo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lariat ER, AMB
A plain ol' spring/tool balancer with or without a ratchet function seem like a much less expensive solution, then again, to some an hour of effin around is worth a lot more than the $100-150 that it would save you, so to each their own.

GingerBear85

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F-150 Lightning Lariat ER - Stone Metallic
Occupation
Construction
A plain ol' spring/tool balancer with or without a ratchet function seem like a much less expensive solution, then again, to some an hour of effin around is worth a lot more than the $100-150 that it would save you, so to each their own.
A quick search back on Amazon and there is a tool balancer with the same 11lb max rating as the EV retractors for $55! Good recommendation, an eyebolt and this will be just as effective as the pricy options I think!
Tigon RW-5 Retractable Spring/Tool Balancer, (Load Capacity: 2.5-5.0 kg/5.5-11 lbs) Steel Cable, Tool Hanger & Fixture Holder https://a.co/d/h1HKNBP
Sponsored