• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Eversource on building EV Charging network

lakeguy55

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Lightning Lariat, 2011 F-150, 98 Expedition

WhipSticks

First Name
Stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F150 Lightning
Occupation
Scientist
Up here in Maine we are hoping to give our (foreign owned) power suppliers the boot and transfer control to a state-owned and operated entity that will keep our dollars in our local economy. Unfortunately that means that we have no idea what long-term plans will remain in place and which ones will alter course. As you might expect, air and water conservation are a big deal to voters up here, so I expect an electrification boom in the area. But we will see if the ballot measure passes to run the state power infrastructure via private companies or via the state-owned power company.

Peddyr

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Ford Lightning Lariat SR
Eversource is one of the largest, if not the largest electric untilities in New England. Thier November newsletter included this article of interest on building an EV charging network.

https://www.eversource.com/content/...ZxsOuDolhfLgPc81STbu6yQT7OG0SL3uDXpkmrh1bkAz8
Sadly NH is woefully behind when it comes to an EV charging infrastructure, and the Make Ready program is Federal funding if I'm not mistaken. I don't believe the State of NH or Eversource are putting a single dime of their own money into this project which is pretty pathetic. Hell I'd settle for cheaper EV rates at home from Eversource!

boggle

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MY23 PRO
Nothing they do will ever outweigh their egregious delivery rates and consistently poor storm response. Of course they want people to transition to EVs when they charge >$0.23/kW. Unchecked monopoly greenwashing. Eversource can get bent.

Peddyr

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Ford Lightning Lariat SR
Nothing they do will ever outweigh their egregious delivery rates and consistently poor storm response. Of course they want people to transition to EVs when they charge >$0.23/kW. Unchecked monopoly greenwashing. Eversource can get bent.
When they jacked them up to .23+, I jumped to Direct Energy and haven't looked back. I'm paying $0.12/kw now and I can't ever see myself returning to Eversource.
Sponsored