• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Exterior lights after exit.

SKTexas

First Name
Sonny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Jeep 4xE, 2022 F-150L Lariat (Ordered)
Occupation
Professional Wizard
Is anyone else having issues with the exterior lights (headlamps, tail lights, light bar, license plate) staying on for way to long after turning off and exiting the truck?

I haven’t timed with a stop watch but mine are staying on for upto 10 minutes and I can not figure out how to change this. I’ve turned off the auto lamp setting. I’ve turned off the zone lighting. I am at a loss here. Any help would be really great.
Sponsored

mastapsi356

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Future F150b Lightning
I think I've seen something about they stay on of the key stays close to the truck. Try moving the key further away. I think there is also a setting to change the behavior.

OP
OP

SKTexas

First Name
Sonny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Professional Wizard
Yeah, I’ve considered that, but it does it even from a pretty considerable distance.

GDN

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lightning Lariat ER, Performance Y
Occupation
IT
There is a setting for headlights after exit, but I think the selectable setting are something like 20 seconds or 2 minutes. Nothing between. Find that on the settings on the center stack screen. Possible playing a part of this?

newF150

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach E GT
Yeah, I’ve considered that, but it does it even from a pretty considerable distance.
What's a considerable distance? My Mach E lights come on when I'm half a Walmart parking lot away. I've also been inside a restaurant with the hostess coming up telling me my lights were on because of the distance it detects the key. Someone suggested putting the keys in a metal container\tin to block the signals.

Sponsored

Maquis

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E E4-X; 2023 Lightning Lariat ER
I think I've seen something about they stay on of the key stays close to the truck. Try moving the key further away. I think there is also a setting to change the behavior.
When I park my Mach-E in my garage, I leave the fob in the car. The lights go out just like they do when I take the fob with me.
If you go out of range, then come back, the welcome lights will come back on, but continued presence of the fob should not keep the lights from going off.

OP
OP

SKTexas

First Name
Sonny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Professional Wizard
What's a considerable distance? My Mach E lights come on when I'm half a Walmart parking lot away. I've also been inside a restaurant with the hostess coming up telling me my lights were on because of the distance it detects the key. Someone suggested putting the keys in a metal container\tin to block the signals.
Dang, that that’s wild. I’ve been a small parking lot away. It seems like a problem to have that type of sensitivity and not have the lights know when locked to turn off even if key is close and not moving. Mine just stay on for so long at home. Maybe because the key is close but that’s where the car is parked.

I know it doesn’t use much energyfor the lights but, when range is always a concern we don’t want waste.

OP
OP

SKTexas

First Name
Sonny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Professional Wizard
When I park my Mach-E in my garage, I leave the fob in the car. The lights go out just like they do when I take the fob with me.
If you go out of range, then come back, the welcome lights will come back on, but continued presence of the fob should not keep the lights from going off.
I don’t park in the garage so I’d prefer not to always leave my fob in the vehicle and have to input the door code.

Maquis

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E E4-X; 2023 Lightning Lariat ER
I don’t park in the garage so I’d prefer not to always leave my fob in the vehicle and have to input the door code.
I’m not advocating locking the fob in the vehicle. I’m only making the point that proximity of the fob will not prevent the lights from turning off.

OP
OP

SKTexas

First Name
Sonny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Professional Wizard
I’m not advocating locking the fob in the vehicle. I’m only making the point that proximity of the fob will not prevent the lights from turning off.
Ah, I got you. Thanks
Sponsored