• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

ChrisCon

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 Carbonized Grey Lightning Lariat ER
I use my Lightning as a work truck daily in the agriculture industry so I read this intently with hope it would provide new insights , but no . I’ll sum it up for everyone here
- Author lists reasons for wanting lightning
- gets smirk for having a frunk
- multiple paragraphs about not having a charger at home since it’s a review truck
- lightning isn’t good at towing distance ( it isn’t ! ) .

Last edited:
OP
OP

Pdxguy

First Name
La
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach-E FE, Toyota Tacoma, Audi
I use my Lightning as a work truck daily in the agriculture industry so I read this intently with hope it would provide new insights , but no . I’ll sum it up for everyone here
- Author lists reasons for wanting lightning
- gets smirk for having a drunk
- multiple paragraphs about not having a charger at home since it’s a review truck
- lightning isn’t good at towing distance ( it isn’t ! ) .
Seemed strange to me that Car and Driver would have an article like this without springing for a charger. Agree there’s nothing new and I was looking for some good insights too.

H3IMDALL

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche 718 Boxster GTS, Porsche Panamera Turbo
Occupation
Software Architect
If they provided a charger then the article wouldn't be that long apparently. I guess we can be happy they didn’t run it out of charge in the field, take pictures of trying to push it home, then complain about using their tractor to tow it home.

AdmiralYamo

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Honda Accord V6 EX-L 2015
We use our lightning on a hobby farm here in Illinois. It tows our compact tractor to the service center no problem at about 1.4mi/kwh loaded and 1.8mi/kwh unloaded in the 25f evenings for a 75 mile round trip. 2 round bales of hay at 120 miles plenty fine. Delivering flowers in the frunk is quite a fun thing for customers that I need to start coming up with better reasons why the engine is missing.

To ChrisCon' point on towing, yeah when I think of long distance... I'd rather use the gas silverado we have for fetching livestock out of state.

This week we will be attempting a vehicle tow for 270 miles so time to adventure!
Sponsored