• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Administrator

Administrator
Staff member
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150
Occupation
Admin
“YES, NORWAY!” F-150® LIGHTNING® GOES GLOBAL AS FORD ANNOUNCES ITS DEBUT IN THE WORLD’S EV CAPITAL

Ford F-150 Lightning F-150 Lightning Going Global with Norway Debut in 2024! {filename}

• The electric version of America’s best-selling pickup is going to Norway in response to overwhelming public demand
  • Customers can apply to buy one of a limited number of F-150 Lightning Lariat Launch Edition trucks, perfectly suited to Norway’s terrain, outdoor spirit and EV passion
  • Mustang Mach-E, now available in 39 global markets, emerged as a best seller in Norway in 2021 and continues to be among the top five vehicles in the market since then

DEARBORN, Mich., April 20, 2023 – Today, Ford announced that F-150® Lightning® is going global for the first time with entry into Norway, the world’s most advanced electric vehicle market. Following impassioned consumer demand, Norwegian customers can apply to purchase a limited number of special F-150 Lightning Lariat Launch Edition vehicle.

“In my 25 years at Ford, I’ve never seen anything like the passion and demand I’m seeing from drivers right now to get behind the wheel of our F-150 Lightning. I’ve had customers literally banging on my door and pleading for us to bring the electric pickup to Norway,” said Per Gunnar Berg, managing director, Ford Norway. “F-150 Lightning is the perfect match for many customers in Norway – uniquely capable of quenching our thirst for adventure while embracing our passion for protecting the environment.”

Introducing the multi-award-winning F-150 Lightning pickup to Europe in the world’s most advanced electric vehicle market where 80% of new car sales are electric – is the latest step in the company’s electrification strategy. Last year, the company announced that it is targeting zero emissions for all vehicle sales in Europe and carbon neutrality across its European footprint of facilities, logistics and suppliers by 2035.

Ford is committed to leading the electric vehicle revolution, investing more than $50 billion globally through 2026 to electric vehicles and targeting a production run rate of 2 million electric vehicles globally by the end of that year. The company expects EVs to be half of its global vehicle sales volume by 2030 and is on track to achieve carbon neutrality no later than 2050.

Earlier this year, Ford announced that it will again nearly double production capacity of F-150 Lightning to 150,000 vehicles per year at the Rouge Electric Vehicle Center in Dearborn, Michigan, to meet soaring customer demand.

“Everything we’ve learned from almost half a century of producing America’s best-selling truck has helped us make F-150 Lightning the truck of the future. It is truly a great accolade for the Lightning team to have customers demand this vehicle near and now far!” said Darren Palmer, vice president, Electric Vehicle Programs, Ford Model e. “Ingenuity runs through this truck inside and out. I strongly encourage our future Norwegian customers to put this truck to the test for all their outdoor adventures.”

The F-150 Lightning Lariat Launch Edition for customers in Norway will be offered exclusively with Super Crew Cab body style in Antimatter Blue metallic body color and offered in limited numbers.

It will be sold through the Ford-authorized dealer network across more than 70 specialized Ford EV dealers in Norway with full EV infrastructure and capability to serve every F-150 Lightning, Mustang Mach-E and E-Transit customers.

Deliveries in Norway will start next year.

Ford F-150 Lightning F-150 Lightning Going Global with Norway Debut in 2024! Lightning Norway - Image 1
Ford F-150 Lightning F-150 Lightning Going Global with Norway Debut in 2024! Lightning Norway - Image 2
Ford F-150 Lightning F-150 Lightning Going Global with Norway Debut in 2024! Lightning Norway - Image 3
Ford F-150 Lightning F-150 Lightning Going Global with Norway Debut in 2024! Lightning Norway - Image 4
Ford F-150 Lightning F-150 Lightning Going Global with Norway Debut in 2024! Lightning Norway - Image 5
Ford F-150 Lightning F-150 Lightning Going Global with Norway Debut in 2024! Lightning Norway - Image 6
Ford F-150 Lightning F-150 Lightning Going Global with Norway Debut in 2024! Lightning Norway - Image 7
Ford F-150 Lightning F-150 Lightning Going Global with Norway Debut in 2024! Per Gunnar Berg - Lightning Norway
Sponsored

metroshot

First Name
Pat
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lariat F150L + 2023 MME
Occupation
Networking Tech
Ford is doing some testing Denmark as well.

Found some FB users saying that Ford is doing a short term testing by select customers.

Ford F-150 Lightning F-150 Lightning Going Global with Norway Debut in 2024! sdefault.jpg&fb_obo=1&utld=ytimg.com&stp=c0.5000x0

F150ROD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 IB Lariat Lightning/Miata ND2 Club
Occupation
U.S. Navy Retired
Bjorn is going to get his hands on one and test the range, charge …. This might be good for us lol

Mike G

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F-150 Lightning, 2023 Mach-E GT-PE
I'm just as excited with this news as I was when I saw pictures of literally boatloads of Mach-E's at some port in Norway lined up after disembarking, and the news that something like 3000 of them had been delivered there.....while I waited (sometimes very impatiently) for the 9 months to go by before my ordered Mach-E got delivered. Only one plant in Mexico and all of us here in the US are in competition with everybody else Ford is trying to sell them to (except China with their own plant).
Ford F-150 Lightning F-150 Lightning Going Global with Norway Debut in 2024! ford-mustang-mach-e-norwege

So now anybody with a Lightning order has that to consider. There will likely be pictures of that same port with Lightnings all parked as far as the eye can see while folks with orders that are going on 6 months are wondering what's up and why it's taking so long.

Texas Dan

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'04 Envoy XL 4WD, '15 Fusion Energi, '19 Niro EV
Occupation
Engineer
Maybe the F150 Lightning will help Europeans get over their aversion to pickup trucks. If pickup EVs start getting popular in Europe I think they going to have to widen some of their roads.

Sponsored

Gewalt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
23 Pro (no options)
The Lightning's cost won't be a problem in Norway where EVs are tax advantaged but in Europe vehicles are significantly more expensive than the US. I'm guessing the equivalent of $90k for a Pro. I really doubt they will make inroads at that price despite the significant petrol savings.

Bandit216

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E GTPE, Lightning Lariat
Hmmm. I'm guessing Ford will be changing the Pro Power onboard so it matches with European voltages, frequncies, and different outlets.

bosox8

First Name
Charles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MY22 Iced Blue Silver Lariat ER, 2nd Wave
Occupation
Sales
From Sept 2022 regarding Norway: The Nordic country has seen soaring gas and electricity costs with prices estimated to rise to as high as 20 Norwegian kroner ($1.86) per kilowatt hour (kWh) in southern Norway. - just a bit more than the $.10 rate I have at home.

meow

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat ER; 2024 Hyundai Ioniq 5 SEL
Maybe the F150 Lightning will help Europeans get over their aversion to pickup trucks. If pickup EVs start getting popular in Europe I think they going to have to widen some of their roads.
As a European with a lot of experience of living in Europe, I think ‘aversion’ is a bit of a strong word. It’s more that they’re viewed as unnecessary for those that don’t need them for work. In the 20+ years I lived in Europe I required a pickup exactly zero times.

I can see an electric Maverick or maybe Ranger picking up some sales across the pond, but not anything as big as - or larger than - the F150.

That e-Transit though? That’s the one to watch.

metroshot

First Name
Pat
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lariat F150L + 2023 MME
Occupation
Networking Tech
The Lightning's cost won't be a problem in Norway where EVs are tax advantaged but in Europe vehicles are significantly more expensive than the US. I'm guessing the equivalent of $90k for a Pro. I really doubt they will make inroads at that price despite the significant petrol savings.
Diesel.

Most of Europe uses diesel fuel.

Everytime I rent a vehicle in Europe, I get a diesel which I love for that torque and great range.

Sponsored

skyak

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F250, 911, Lightning
Waiting for the "Northern Lights" or "Polar" package with a heat pump...