• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Intellibeam

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat-ER Iced Blue Silver
Please give us a like and subscribe. We'll be doing more Lightning videos in the future.
Sponsored

Avocadodude

First Name
Kurt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lariat
Please give us a like and subscribe. We'll be doing more Lightning videos in the future.
Nice job, thank you for taking the time to do this. I appreciate how long it takes to put videos together.

Mike G

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F-150 Lightning, 2023 Mach-E GT-PE
I just did this today. There is no reason for step 1, removing the frunk latch bar. It's not in the way of anything and isn't an item that's required to be removed to get to something else.

Also the "optional" acorn nuts shown at step 5 are the outside mounting bolts for the "monobrow" light bar ("grill fascia lamp") and since that's not being removed don't touch them.

The gap in the inner frunk hood panel that the wires are routed through is plenty big so fishing the lines through there is probably one of the easiest things to do in this procedure.

Also, there is a common ground point just forward of the positive jump terminal to attach your ground wire to. You'll see about 5-6 other small ground wires attached to one ring attached to the body with an 8mm bolt. That's the one I used.

As for the fuses in the BCMC that's taking me a bit more research. According to the fuse box diagram (attached) the fuse that was used in the video appears to be fuse F22.

Ford F-150 Lightning F-150 Lightning LED Ford Emblem Swap. Step by Step Installation DIY Video. Lightning_Fuse_Box

And according to the docs that is the fuse for the Power Steering Control Module (PSCM).
Ford F-150 Lightning F-150 Lightning LED Ford Emblem Swap. Step by Step Installation DIY Video. Fuse

So Fuse 48 is the Heated Rear Seat Module (end of the row that F22 is on), but I can't even find this Fuse 181 reference in the docs at all. I got this diagram from the PTS wiring manual today since I was having a hard time locating any other useful reference.

My light works, I just haven't decided what fuse I'll eventually end up tapping to get it to come on when the parking lights do.

Yeah, the fuse panel in the docs doesn't even show a fuse where that tap is going. In either the owner's manual copy or the wiring diagram copy in PTS.

Anyway I'll keep at it.

Mike

Last edited:

Sponsored

pstansel

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lightning Lariat ER, Hyundai EV6
Occupation
Engineer
So my stuff arrived today for this but I will have to let it sit and stew for a bit :)

OP
OP
Intellibeam

Intellibeam

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
I just did this today. There is no reason for step 1, removing the frunk latch bar. It's not in the way of anything and isn't an item that's required to be removed to get to something else.

Also the "optional" acorn nuts shown at step 5 are the outside mounting bolts for the "monobrow" light bar ("grill fascia lamp") and since that's not being removed don't touch them.

The gap in the inner frunk hood panel that the wires are routed through is plenty big so fishing the lines through there is probably one of the easiest things to do in this procedure.

Also, there is a common ground point just forward of the positive jump terminal to attach your ground wire to. You'll see about 5-6 other small ground wires attached to one ring attached to the body with an 8mm bolt. That's the one I used.

As for the fuses in the BCMC that's taking me a bit more research. According to the fuse box diagram (attached) the fuse that was used in the video appears to be fuse F22.

Lightning_Fuse_Box.png

And according to the docs that is the fuse for the Power Steering Control Module (PSCM).
Fuse.png

So Fuse 48 is the Heated Rear Seat Module (end of the row that F22 is on), but I can't even find this Fuse 181 reference in the docs at all. I got this diagram from the PTS wiring manual today since I was having a hard time locating any other useful reference.

My light works, I just haven't decided what fuse I'll eventually end up tapping to get it to come on when the parking lights do.

Yeah, the fuse panel in the docs doesn't even show a fuse where that tap is going. In either the owner's manual copy or the wiring diagram copy in PTS.

Anyway I'll keep at it.

Mike
Step 1 is so you don't wack your head on the frunk latch 3x before you decide to remove it =)

You also are using the wrong Owners Manual. Fuse 48 Is the Rear heated seat module and 181 is Headlamp control module. Attached is the correct image for reference. This is the link to the Lightning owners manual:
https://www.fordservicecontent.com/Ford_Content/Catalog/owner_information/2022-Ford-F150-Lightning-Owners-Manual-version-1_om_EN-USA_03_2022.pdf

Ford F-150 Lightning F-150 Lightning LED Ford Emblem Swap. Step by Step Installation DIY Video. Fuse

Last edited:

Mike G

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Yup.....I know....and I got two different ones today and supposedly both are for the Lightning and are accessed using links from the owner's account area for manuals:

Ford F-150 Lightning F-150 Lightning LED Ford Emblem Swap. Step by Step Installation DIY Video. Fuses

And the one in PTS supposedly for the Lightning is the same.

So what I'm getting out of this is that the very first fuse in that row (ahead of fuse 22) in your reference and video...is actually the rear seat heater fuse?

Edit:
I've just downloaded the one in your link and it's the second printing, whereas I apparently was looking at the first printing version.

Thanks for the link.

Mike

Mike G

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
It would be really great if PUTCO could put together a 3" t-harness to the front fascia lightbar to run that LED oval cause the connector that provides power to the lightbar is literally directly behind the cutout on the grill frame for the oval itself. That way the oval would come on whenever the lightbar does.

Connector C1004.
Ford F-150 Lightning F-150 Lightning LED Ford Emblem Swap. Step by Step Installation DIY Video. Lightning_Front_Lightbar_Connector

And here's what the connector pinout looks like:
Ford F-150 Lightning F-150 Lightning LED Ford Emblem Swap. Step by Step Installation DIY Video. Lightning_Front_Lightbar_Connector2

jredondox

First Name
Jorge
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150
isnt this light suppose to have a boot up animation?

Sponsored

Pioneer74

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat ER - 2022 Mach-E Premium
Occupation
Electrician
Anybody doing anything with the small Ford emblem on the Lariat+ tailgates?

OP
OP
Intellibeam

Intellibeam

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
isnt this light suppose to have a boot up animation?
That's what I thought as well because it's on their site with it. So either it only does when you use the T connector or it never did. I installed another one today for a friend, still took me an hour, it had no boot animation either.

Sam James

First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 Ford Lightning Lariat ER, 21 VW ID.4 Pro S RWD
Occupation
Accountant
Thank you for this! Excited to make the swap once it gets here.

PungoteagueDave

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla MX, Porsche C4S, Ford F-350 KR, Ford F-150 K
Occupation
retired
Anybody doing anything with the small Ford emblem on the Lariat+ tailgates?
Putco has Lightning specific-versions of plug-n-play Ford emblems for both front and rear in the works, along with a light blade for under the tailgate, supposed to be out next month according to a person I spoke with there last week.
Sponsored