• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

sotek2345

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat ER, 2021 Mach-e GT
Occupation
Engineering Manager
FFS, we've all known there were going to be allocation issues since day 1. Simple math will tell you Ford won't produce enough Lightnings to fullfil all reservations in 2022. I would guess they won't be able to fill all orders in 2022...but no one knows that since no one(including you) has ordered yet.

It is highly likely some of us won't get a truck in 2022 and will have to wait.

You seem to think Ford has promised you a truck in 2022 at the price you want. Thats the issue.
I would say it is likely the vast majority of us (Lightning reservation holders) will not get truck in 2022. Some (maybe even the majority) won't get a truck in 2023 either.
Sponsored

FordLightning

First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Deposit on Ford Lightning
Where is this second best dealer that states you are not allowed to transfer?

Where does this dealer state if you do transfer you'll lose your place in line..will not honor timestamp?(opposite of what Ford has said)
The allocation thread, has the actual email from Granger about allocation issues. I would say confirmation from Granger and Chapman are pretty strong sources, especially since they are trying to get as much business as possible.

Ignoring the facts doesn’t help your cause.

Sdctcher

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2016 Ford Escape, 2022 Ford Lightning Lariat ER
Occupation
EV Gypsy
Maybe Wednesday, October 27th is the day to watch?

QUOTE:

Ford Motor Co. and General Motors Co. are scheduled to report third-quarter earnings on Wednesday, with all eyes on how the two legacy auto makers dealt with supply-chain constraints.

What else to expect: Analysts will keep an eye on any news about the all-electric version of Ford’s iconic F-150 pickup truck, including fresh reservation numbers.

https://www.marketwatch.com/story/f...ply-chain-snags-11635187985?mod=mw_latestnews

Sorry! I apologize for contributing to keep this crowd-sourced circus going!

greenne

First Name
Nathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning (Ordered 6/19, delivered 10/28/22)
The allocation thread, has the actual email from Granger about allocation issues. I would say confirmation from Granger and Chapman are pretty strong sources, especially since they are trying to get as much business as possible.

Ignoring the facts doesn’t help your cause.

That thread discusses allocations...not the ability(or inability)to transfer. You seem to think everyone owes you something...$500, $2100, the ability to transfer to any dealer you wish, the dealer to accept your transfer, a truck in 2022, etc.

Now that you mention it here is what Granger ACTUALLY said about the ability to transfer:

"Saturday at 9:35 PM

You certainly can switch dealers. I'd shop around.

I also will never understand ADM on a mass production car.

Granger Ford
1704 Sycamore St
Granger, IA 50109"
-------------------------------

So who is ignoring facts again?

Last edited:

techguydave

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
None
Occupation
IT
Maybe Wednesday, October 27th is the day to watch?

QUOTE:

Ford Motor Co. and General Motors Co. are scheduled to report third-quarter earnings on Wednesday, with all eyes on how the two legacy auto makers dealt with supply-chain constraints.

What else to expect: Analysts will keep an eye on any news about the all-electric version of Ford’s iconic F-150 pickup truck, including fresh reservation numbers.

https://www.marketwatch.com/story/f...ply-chain-snags-11635187985?mod=mw_latestnews

Sorry! I apologize for contributing to keep this crowd-sourced circus going!
Thanks for doing your part! We're all just anxious to hear something, anything about what's next and when.

Sponsored

F150ROD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 IB Lariat Lightning/Miata ND2 Club
Occupation
U.S. Navy Retired
It will probably be after the end of the Lightning Tour which is the 28th.

greenne

First Name
Nathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Thanks for doing your part! We're all just anxious to hear something, anything about what's next and when.
I also found it interesting the "X plan memo" in another thread was dated Oct 25. I would guess Ford wanted to remind the dealers of the "rules" because they are going to release pricing soon. It would be silly to talk about X plan if pricing wasn't going to be released anytime soon.

Good sign...

astricklin

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
99 Mercury mountaineer
Ford is playing the wait and see with the reconciliation package. Why ask us to commit to a price when there are extra variables in the mix. Its in their best interest to see what money the government might tax Lord Elon to give us to buy more options in our Lightning order. Fall ends Dec 21st so they can be true to their official communications. I'll read online articles/forums/email and wait like the rest of you.
How do you know? Are you a Ford executive?
It's just as likely something is broken and preventing them from launching the website for ordering.
Or maybe preproduction processes are not going as well as they like and they don't want to start the ordering process yet.
Maybe there's something that's going to cause delays and there's rather have a delay before orders then after orders.
Unless you are part of team at Ford that's making these decisions, nobody knows.

Snakebitten

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Powerboost Platinum
I have a later reservation. I mosey along like an old geezer.

If I want a Lightning at MSRP (or less), which I have never paid MSRP for any truck in my 63 years, I am guessing it won't be in 2022 or 2023. Probably not even 2024, depending on production numbers. Supply/Demand is not something I am in denial of.

So that relieves me of all the current angst on order dates, transfer of reservation, ADM,.......

I suspect there are many thousands of reservations holders in the same plight, but don't know it or don't want to accept it.

(Note: I have paid very close to MSRP recently. 2021 Powerboost Platinum.
By far the least discounted truck I have ever purchased. I chalk that up to being just another Covid related event in my life. However, I also had the most equity in my trade-in truck that I have ever witnessed in those same 63 years. I basically drove a King Ranch F150 for 3 years 7 months for about $6000)

The world is completely upside down right now and the normal value-equations are flipped on their ear.

Brian Head Yankee

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Bronco Sport, Chevy Colorado 4x4
The problem with your plan is that it didn't factor in the EV rebates from FED and states. Assuming the existing $7500 applies, I could pay $7500 over MSRP than you and spend the same amount that you will pay in three years, assuming no price increases.

As soon as the rebates run out, the dealers won't be able to sell over MSRP. You and I would have the same loan amount. Of course, I am not paying above MSRP and my local dealer has already confirmed MSRP to me in person. I will be $7500 ahead of you if I get one next year and at MSRP beyond that.

You snooze - you lose

Sponsored

Brian Head Yankee

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Bronco Sport, Chevy Colorado 4x4
Ford F-150 Lightning F-150 Lightning Order Banks Delayed until December 2021 (per dealer email)? 1635257351682

Hardy Ford, the source of the rumor still lists the order board opening in Fall 2021. The last day of fall is Dec 20, so I guess her claim of December is a pretty safe guess LOL.

greenne

First Name
Nathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
The problem with your plan is that it didn't factor in the EV rebates from FED and states. Assuming the existing $7500 applies, I could pay $7500 over MSRP than you and spend the same amount that you will pay in three years, assuming no price increases.

As soon as the rebates run out, the dealers won't be able to sell over MSRP. You and I would have the same loan amount. Of course, I am not paying above MSRP and my local dealer has already confirmed MSRP to me in person. I will be $7500 ahead of you if I get one next year and at MSRP beyond that.

You snooze - you lose
That's a lot of assumptions and goes to crap IF(big IF) the EV credit stays the same AND Ford produces 200k before Bruce can get his Lightning. There is also the chance that if Rivian starts producing and CT ever comes to fruition demand will go down meaning the ADM(or sale price) will go down or perhaps drop below MSRP.

This also assumes Bruce and you currently have the tax liability to support the full credit.

A lot of IFs. IF I was able to time it perfectly(with cost being the only factor)..under the current EV credit scheme....I'd try to take delivery the last qtr of the full tax credit.(2 qtrs AFTER Ford hits 200k). This would be hard to do with the Lightning(as we still don't know orders, allocations, future demand, or turnaround/production time)..but that seems to be the logical to get the most bang for the buck.

Rarely do early adopters get the best "deal".

Just my .02c..as always an opinion....YMMV

Snakebitten

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Powerboost Platinum
Both of you gentlemen make some great points. But you both used the term "plans", as in Bruce's plans.

I should probably divulge that me and planning couldn't be more unreliable. Lol

Or put another way, most of my children (grown adults in their 30's) will roll their eyes if I make any comment about what I might do, if it's more than say....... a few hours from that moment. Part of me wants to defend myself when they do that. But they do have grounds for their skepticism. ?

I do currently "plan" to have a Lightning. I'm truly smitten by the whole concept. But I'm also likely to just roll with the punches, so to speak, and so if acquisition itself isn't going to be fun or enjoyable, I will avoid the experience.

I gotta ask though......I think one of you mentioned that EV tax break and then associated with qualifying based on income? Or did I misunderstand? Is there an income limit for EV tax credit?

Sure sounds like something "they'd" do. Lol

I assumed those fancy Teslas were being snatched up by folks making pretty good bank. I'm just saying.

As for the "you snooze you lose"....... I've lost a few for being slow, admittedly, but I've avoided a few missteps as well. Goes both ways.

sotek2345

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat ER, 2021 Mach-e GT
Occupation
Engineering Manager
Both of you gentlemen make some great points. But you both used the term "plans", as in Bruce's plans.

Or put another way, most of my children (grown adults in their 30's) will roll their eyes if I make any comment about what I might do, if it's more than say....... a few hours from that moment. Part of me wants to defend myself when they do that. But they do have grounds for their skepticism. ?

I do currently "plan" to have a Lightning. I'm truly smitten by the whole concept. But I'm also likely to just roll with the punches, so to speak, and so if acquisition itself isn't going to be fun or enjoyable, I will avoid the experience.

I gotta ask though......I think one of you mentioned that EV tax break and then associated with qualifying based on income? Or did I misunderstand? Is there an income limit for EV tax credit?

I assumed those fancy Teslas were being snatched up by folks making pretty good bank. I'm just saying.

As for the "you snooze you lose"....... I've lost a few for being slow, admittedly, but I've avoided a few missteps as well. Goes both ways.
The current Tax credit does not have an income limit, but one is being debated for the next round of credits in DC.

greenne

First Name
Nathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles

No worries. I appreciate different viewpoints(as long as they are not misrepresented as facts).

I also acknowledge not everyone values everything the same and not everyone has the same priorities(or constraints). Some people may be OK with paying more to be first in line(first on the block) to get an f150 and value being a novelty. Others may be more pragmatic.

Its all good. I do think a lot is up in the air with the reconciliation bill and HOPEFULLY we should know more this week. (Or at least some info in the direction things are going) <fingers crossed>

As a recall..some of the proposals had an income limit, but the most probable ones had a high limit--something like $200k for single and $400k for married/joint. Don't quote me on that, but I seem to remember it being way above where I am sitting income wise.
Sponsored