• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

julian

First Name
julian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
f150 lightning lariat ext range
This is actually a cool feature. It is stupid that my Tesla doesn't do this. I have a huge battery in my garage that can only do one thing-move my Tesla. UGH! I love that the F150 I am getting can help bail out a stranger or two that might need a 'jump'.

Griddlez

First Name
Griddlez
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 Lightning Lariat ER - 21 Mach-E Prem AWD/ER

F150ROD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 IB Lariat Lightning/Miata ND2 Club
Occupation
U.S. Navy Retired
It would be a great business with some ER Pros…..

IdeaOfTheDayCom

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Website
IdeaOfTheDay.Com
Vehicles
2022 F-150 Lightning XLT SR 312A
Occupation
Software Developer

Sponsored
OP
OP
Administrator

Administrator

Administrator
Staff member
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150
Occupation
Admin

neririn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 MachE
Can I daisy chain the F150-L and Mach-E while the F150-L is on the charger? I will have the 80A charger for the My F150-L as the primary charger in the garage. I am wondering if I can leave this hook up in place and let my wife's car charge as a pass through via the travel charger? I travel a lot for work so my F150-L will be in my garage and plugged in most of the time during the week (so it can provide backup power for the house if needed) It would be convenient to leave it plugged in and just let my wife charge through the F150-L rather than unplugging and running the charger over the truck to her Mach-E when needed. The key would be to not cause too much drain and charge on the truck.

petemill

First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 ER Lariat +PRB +Unleashed, '11 ford escape v6
Occupation
Software
Can I daisy chain the F150-L and Mach-E while the F150-L is on the charger? I will have the 80A charger for the My F150-L as the primary charger in the garage. I am wondering if I can leave this hook up in place and let my wife's car charge as a pass through via the travel charger? I travel a lot for work so my F150-L will be in my garage and plugged in most of the time during the week (so it can provide backup power for the house if needed) It would be convenient to leave it plugged in and just let my wife charge through the F150-L rather than unplugging and running the charger over the truck to her Mach-E when needed. The key would be to not cause too much drain and charge on the truck.
You'd have to leave the truck and all its systems "on" to keep the ProPower on. At least that's the case on the Powerboost.

GoGoGadgetTruck

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E First Edition, 2022 Lightning Platinum
ok someone check me here - the outlet is officially 14-30 so 30A, right, and the mobile charger pictured is officially 32A (although @tommolog has pointed out that it's actually 30A)... so this is very much something you wouldn't want to be doing for any substantial period of time, but more as an emergency sort of thing, yes?

sotek2345

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat ER, 2021 Mach-e GT
Occupation
Engineering Manager
ok someone check me here - the outlet is officially 14-30 so 30A, right, and the mobile charger pictured is officially 32A (although @tommolog has pointed out that it's actually 30A)... so this is very much something you wouldn't want to be doing for any substantial period of time, but more as an emergency sort of thing, yes?
The Ford mobile charger is labeled as 32 amps, but testing has shown that it pulls closer to 30.5A in reality. I am sure Ford wouldn't be advertising this if it wasn't safe.

Sponsored

GoGoGadgetTruck

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
I am sure Ford wouldn't be advertising this if it wasn't safe.
I don't know how much faith I put in that. It wouldn't surprise me if some marketing person did this and was never checked.

I suppose the breaker not tripping is a hint. still seems very strange to me to be pushing this use case in this way.

VTbuckeye

First Name
Joseph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
19 Bolt, 16 XC90T8, 22 XC40 P8 Recharge, 17 Tacoma
The Ford mobile charger is labeled as 32 amps, but testing has shown that it pulls closer to 30.5A in reality. I am sure Ford wouldn't be advertising this if it wasn't safe.
Probably set the charging rate limit in the to-be-charged vehicle to 24 amps. Do nec rules apply (80% rated circuit for constant draw?)

GoGoGadgetTruck

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Probably set the charging rate limit in the to-be-charged vehicle to 24 amps. Do nec rules apply (80% rated circuit for constant draw?)
A Mach-E doesn't offer that option at this time, at least not in any released software. I suppose anything is possible for what's in the car at a Ford event.

It's been requested somewhat frequently by owners.

VTbuckeye

First Name
Joseph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
19 Bolt, 16 XC90T8, 22 XC40 P8 Recharge, 17 Tacoma
A Mach-E doesn't offer that option at this time, at least not in any released software. I suppose anything is possible for what's in the car at a Ford event.

It's been requested somewhat frequently by owners.
It could be a problem to have a 30 amp circuit, 40amp capable evse and 48 amp capable car with no way to tell the car to request no more than 30 amps. The car and the evse are each limited, but if there is no option in the car there is no way to match the circuit. Our Volvo gives us choices. Having different EVSEs can give you choices (if they are limited to lower power ratings), but this should be something that can be adjusted in the car.

sotek2345

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat ER, 2021 Mach-e GT
Occupation
Engineering Manager
It could be a problem to have a 30 amp circuit, 40amp capable evse and 48 amp capable car with no way to tell the car to request no more than 30 amps. The car and the evse are each limited, but if there is no option in the car there is no way to match the circuit. Our Volvo gives us choices. Having different EVSEs can give you choices (if they are limited to lower power ratings), but this should be something that can be adjusted in the car.
Nope, no selections in the Mach-e. The EVSE will limit and you should never use a higher rated EVSE on a lower rated circuit unless you can derate the EVSE via dip switches or similar.
Sponsored