• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Beans

First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Acura RDX, Toyota 4 Runner
Finally, we have a look at the Lightning and R1T side by side.
I'm really anxious to see the official mileage ratings. It's hard to believe the Lightning will have about the same range as the R1T given the size difference, yet Ford says it should be around 300. Fingers crossed.

Coolbreeze704

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F150L ER Lariat - 2022 Tesla Model Y LR
Occupation
General Manager - Factory Select Homes
Wow! Like the Lightning has his little kid brother tagging along. Great pic to compare. Thanks
Oh, yeah and I am sorry but the Rivan in my humble opinion is fuggly compare to the F-150. Guess I am opinionated towards trucks that look manly.

tbinmd

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
18 KR F150
The rivian is just plain fugly.

Sponsored

Vorador

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lightning, Ford Escape
I'm really anxious to see the official mileage ratings. It's hard to believe the Lightning will have about the same range as the R1T given the size difference, yet Ford says it should be around 300. Fingers crossed.
Yeah, I'm really hoping they release the official EPA rating soon. I really expected F150 to need 150 kwh battery in order to hit 300 miles, release surprised they have one the same size as the R1T.

Griddlez

First Name
Griddlez
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 Lightning Lariat ER - 21 Mach-E Prem AWD/ER
The Rivian actually weighs more and has 2 more motors over the Lightning. These are some reason to believe they'll be similar despite the Lightning's larger footprint.

EVTruckGuy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150
Finally, we have a look at the Lightning and R1T side by side. Friendly rivals charging together.

rivian r1t vs f150 lightning.png
Well... Sort of. The Rivian isn't even plugged in, so it's not charging.

An EV blocking a charger it doesn't need is no less jerkish than an ICE vehicle blocking an EV charger.

Charging etiquette should be a mandatory class when buying an EV.

Bannerman

First Name
Johnson
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Tremor 402A Oxford White (on order)

An EV blocking a charger it doesn't need is no less jerkish than an ICE vehicle blocking an EV charger.

Damn dude, maybe he just pulled in or just uncoupled. Maybe the Rivian driver took the picture. Calm down.

Sponsored

PA Lightning

First Name
Tbone
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lightning Pro

Would it be proper etiquette to hook up a tow strap and drag the offending vehicle across the parking lot? I hope so.

GolfR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 KR PB
The R1T may be smaller in size but it's payload and tow capacity is well aligned with the Lightening's.

EVTruckGuy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150
Damn dude, maybe he just pulled in or just uncoupled. Maybe the Rivian driver took the picture. Calm down.
I am calm. I'm also posting from experience. When my battery gets low, and I pull up to a charger with a car parked in that spot not even charging, it gets old.

Many of us have had to redirect to different chargers or simply wait it out for the person to leave due to this exact scenario.

Either you don't drive an EV regularly, or you live in the land of milk and honey where nobody takes up EV charger spots without charging, because people who have been ICED know the frustration I speak of.

Last edited:

rydfree

First Name
Benny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Ford Ranger Crew cab FX4 Lariat- Mercedes GLK
Occupation
Maintenance
I am calm. I'm also posting from experience. When my battery gets low, and I pull up to a charger with an car parked in that spot not even charging, it gets old.

Many of us have had to redirect to different chargers or simply wait it out for the person to leave due to this exact scenario.

Either you don't drive an EV regularly, or you live in the land of milk and honey where nobody takes up EV charger spots without charging, because people who have been ICED know the frustration I speak of.
Oh the joy of EV charging . So many things to worry about ,LOL
Tesla gets all its Supercharger cables stolen at brand new station - Electrek
Sponsored