• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

F150 Lightning interior material

bewbie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat ER Rapid Red
From the videoes circulating, it seems like the dashboard and door panels are a canvas material as opposed to leather. Ive seen only pre production models so not sure if thats what we could expect. Anyone have any info on this?
Sponsored

sotek2345

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat ER, 2021 Mach-e GT
Occupation
Engineering Manager
From the videoes circulating, it seems like the dashboard and door panels are a canvas material as opposed to leather. Ive seen only pre production models so not sure if thats what we could expect. Anyone have any info on this?
Which trim level are you talking about. Should be the same as the ICE trim levels.

petemill

First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 ER Lariat +PRB +Unleashed, '11 ford escape v6
Occupation
Software
The ICE lariat sport is a lovely red leather. I will probably miss it with the lightning which has the more plain dark denim-like material according to the reviews (or maybe I'll try to switch the panels between the trucks!)

OP
OP

bewbie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
i ordered the Lariat ER Tow Package. It doe look like a denim material which Im not really a fan of. Would be nice if we could choose interior finishes in this 80k truck.

Reactions: GDN

DrZoidberg

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lightning Eternal Vestibule
The ICE lariat sport is a lovely red leather. I will probably miss it with the lightning which has the more plain dark denim-like material according to the reviews (or maybe I'll try to switch the panels between the trucks!)
Are you talking about on the door panel? That's not leather that's the same material just different color.

Sponsored

petemill

First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 ER Lariat +PRB +Unleashed, '11 ford escape v6
Occupation
Software
door panel, center console pad, top of dashboard.

some of it is leather-like. Some of it is more suede-like.

obviously none of it is real high quality leather

OP
OP

bewbie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Do all lightnings come standard with the 2 tone interior? Seems silly not being able to pick an interior color on a truck this expensive.

SeanOC

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
‘18 Raptor ‘21 Tesla Model Y
Occupation
Pilot
Do all lightnings come standard with the 2 tone interior? Seems silly not being able to pick an interior color on a truck this expensive.
I believe only the platinum has the two tone interior.

OP
OP

bewbie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
I believe only the platinum has the two tone interior.
was trying to find videos from the event and someone posted the 2 tone saying it was a production lariat

SeanOC

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
‘18 Raptor ‘21 Tesla Model Y
Occupation
Pilot
was trying to find videos from the event and someone posted the 2 tone saying it was a production lariat
The details page on my Lariat order does not say anything about two tone.. I only know of the platinum specifying a special leather. The only truck from the event videos I saw with a different color interior was a platinum.

sotek2345

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat ER, 2021 Mach-e GT
Occupation
Engineering Manager
Pro is solid color from what we have seen. XLT is 2 tone cloth. Lariat is 2 tone, but very close (black and dark grey). Platinum is 2 tone - black and almost white.
Sponsored