• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

HelperDonnie

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Ford Edge, 1999 Jeep Wrangler (EV Conversion)
Occupation
Engineer
Hello everyone,

My wife and I had a chance to attend the reservation holder event in Denver and she shared it on her social media if anybody is interested... It was a really great event put on by Ford and everyone was so friendly and looked like everyone had a great time... And of course, the ride was amazing...

You can find the video here:

Sponsored

Tommy303

First Name
Tommy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'20 Shelby GT 500, '88 T-Bird Turbo, '21 Mach-E GT
Occupation
Postal Guy
Man, I sure do miss those driving events at Mile High!! It didn't matter if Chevy, Mazda or Ford that put them on, I went to every single one I received invitations to. Great video OP, thanks for posting it. :)

Erik

First Name
Erik
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
VW, Fiat
How is the driver seat on the Pro? Since it is not height adjustable, I wonder if it is high enough for someone who is 5ft4 to look over the steering wheel. As long as it is high enough, then it does not matter if it is not height adjustable.

OP
OP

HelperDonnie

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Engineer
How is the driver seat on the Pro? Since it is not height adjustable, I wonder if it is high enough for someone who is 5ft4 to look over the steering wheel. As long as it is high enough, then it does not matter if it is not height adjustable.
We couldn't sit in the driver seat unfortunately...

Kiggulak

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2013 Volt, 2013 Focus EV, 2019 Model 3LR
We couldn't sit in the driver seat unfortunately...
If you rode in the Pro, how did the vinyl seats look/feel?

Since you have a reservation what trim level lighting are you looking to secure and did the event change your opinion on options at all?

What was your biggest take away from the event?

Also what color was the F150 in the tent you walked around? It seemed almost blue-green at several points in your video.

Last edited:

Sponsored

metroshot

First Name
Pat
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lariat F150L + 2023 MME
Occupation
Networking Tech
Nice video of the Pro trim.

The Pro model is better than I thought!

Rear park sensors, seats that look good, and wheels that appear off road sized.

I am now torn between a Pro and XLT.

Will depend on the battery choice....

Tomf

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Fusion energi
Occupation
Construction Operations

Since you have a reservation what trim level lighting are you looking to secure and did the event change your opinion on options at all?

Also what color was the F150 in the tent you walked around? It seemed almost blue-green at several points in your video.
The pro seats I found to be very nice. Soft vinyl not like the work trucks I remember from 10 years ago. Seats had lots of padding, would be fine for long trips. Overall an upgrade from my 2014 fusion energi titanium.

Kiggulak

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Nice video of the Pro trim.

The Pro model is better than I thought!

Rear park sensors, seats that look good, and wheels that appear off road sized.

I am now torn between a Pro and XLT.

Will depend on the battery choice....
Yes I saw running boards on the Pro ... not listed as such on the F150 spec sheets.

OP
OP

HelperDonnie

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Engineer

To be honest, I was so excited for the ride that I forgot to check the seats...

My biggest takeaway was that these demo trucks will be pretty battle tested after many of these events with countless amount of blasts around this test track so I am hoping the development and is further along than I thought and the fears of launch delays are a bit less. Also, even though it has been a while since I have been in an F-150 so maybe the quality of the exterior and interior is "normal", but I was impressed.

I am not sure what trim level we will get...probably the platinum... But for sure the extended battery as we travel a lot between Wisconsin and Michigan and the extra range and faster charge capability will be helpful for those trips.

It was a dark metallic blue...maybe a shade darker than our metallic blue edge. It looked really nice!

Kiggulak

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
To be honest, I was so excited for the ride that I forgot to check the seats...

My biggest takeaway was that these demo trucks will be pretty battle tested after many of these events with countless amount of blasts around this test track so I am hoping the development and is further along than I thought and the fears of launch delays are a bit less. Also, even though it has been a while since I have been in an F-150 so maybe the quality of the exterior and interior is "normal", but I was impressed.

I am not sure what trim level we will get...probably the platinum... But for sure the extended battery as we travel a lot between Wisconsin and Michigan and the extra range and faster charge capability will be helpful for those trips.

It was a dark metallic blue...maybe a shade darker than our metallic blue edge. It looked really nice!
Not sure if its Atlas Blue or Antimatter Blue. All reports have been that Antimatter Blue in the shade is Black so I was hoping to get confirmation on color selection as I like that color. Early in your video I thought it was Atlas ... then later it was darker almost Antimatter .... any others at this event that can confirm the color?

I think its Atlas in the tent and Antimatter on one of the test drive trucks visible at 2:40.

Last edited:

Sponsored

F150ROD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 IB Lariat Lightning/Miata ND2 Club
Occupation
U.S. Navy Retired
I might end up with a Pro now and just get Katzkin Leather instead.

Sgt Beavis

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Wrangler Rubicon and 2018 Mini Cooper S Count
Occupation
overpaid computer nerd.
Nothing wrong with that. Honestly, I think the Lariat's leather is kinda cheap lookin'. It's no better than the seats from the 12th and 13th gen F150. Katzkin, on the other hand, makes a damn good product.

metroshot

First Name
Pat
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lariat F150L + 2023 MME
Occupation
Networking Tech
If I opt for the Pro, can I get a cloth or breathable material to cover the seats ?

I am in a very hot weather area and do not like leather or vinyl as it "sticks" to my body, sweat pouring down and even burns me.

The Pro trim really fits my needs (HOV carpool single occupant exemption).

sotek2345

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat ER, 2021 Mach-e GT
Occupation
Engineering Manager
If I opt for the Pro, can I get a cloth or breathable material to cover the seats ?

I am in a very hot weather area and do not like leather or vinyl as it "sticks" to my body, sweat pouring down and even burns me.

The Pro trim really fits my needs (HOV carpool single occupant exemption).
I tried to do that on my 2016 XLT, but couldn't find anything anywhere. Bought a good set of seat covers (not- recovers) from Coverking. They are good, but not as good as a re-cover / reupholster job. You may be able to get a custom show to put something together, but it will be expensive.
Sponsored