• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

F150 Lightning vs Silverado EV body style

What body style do you prefer, F150 Lightning or Silverado EV?

• Total voters

DanielM92563

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lightning ER, Taycan CrossTursimo4, 23 Canyon
What body style do you prefer not considering price or technology- just looks: the F150 lightning or Silverado EV?
Sponsored

SteffanG

First Name
Steffan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2011 Audi Q5 (written off), 2008 F150 XLT HDPP
Occupation
Electrician

GarageMahal

First Name
JT
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2003 Mercury Marauder; 2023 Lightning XLT SR
Occupation
Geek
Looks really don't matter to matter to me. It about comfort, performance and utility. The F-150 is known quantity on all three and scores high in each.

If I fit comfortably in the Chevy I would consider it but I expect it will be a very long time before I can sit in one. If it is as comfortable as the Avalanche I would be very happy with it.

Sun Devil

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2001 Ford Explorer, 2014 Honda Odyssey, 2007 Lexus
I have a reservation on a Silverado EV within the first minute. I like the Silverado's front better than the Lightning's plasticky light bar. At night the Lightning looks great, but during the day it looks cheap to me. On the other hand, I don't like the Avalanche look of the Silverado. That is the only problem I have with the Silverado EV. Everything else looks great. (Albeit, we don't know the price of the SRT yet unless you want the $105k First Edition!)

I do like the specs on the Silverado EV better. 400 miles and 10 minutes to add 100 miles sounds awesome! If I can't order a Pro, I'm just going to wait until 2024 for the Silverado EV.

SteffanG

First Name
Steffan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2011 Audi Q5 (written off), 2008 F150 XLT HDPP
Occupation
Electrician
Don't forget, yes it has almost 100hp more, but the 0-60 time is the same, which would point to a lot heavier weight and less efficiency (i.e. cost more per mile)

Sponsored

LightningShow

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 Lariat ER
Occupation
Product Development
I like the F-150 better but I don't really have much issue with the way the Silverado EV looks. I think it's kind of cool GM did a dedicated re-design for the EV truck.

OP
OP

DanielM92563

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lightning ER, Taycan CrossTursimo4, 23 Canyon
I like the F-150 better but I don't really have much issue with the way the Silverado EV looks. I think it's kind of cool GM did a dedicated re-design for the EV truck.
I agree with you- they redesigned it from the ground up to take advantage of not having a gasoline engine and improve aerodynamics for range and that is awesome. I did vote for the F150 though, to me it looks way better. My wife really does not like the look of the Silverado EV, I think it’s acceptable.

LightningShow

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 Lariat ER
Occupation
Product Development
I do really like the midgate. 10ft of covered storage is pretty cool.

astricklin

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
99 Mercury mountaineer
I do really like the midgate. 10ft of covered storage is pretty cool.
I'm curious how expensive of a truck you will have to get to be able to option the midgate as it is an optional feature on models other than the first edition. I don't particularly care for the feature myself so I actually like that it's not included on the wt.

astricklin

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
99 Mercury mountaineer
I prefer the design of the Ford and the fact that most cab/bed/interior accessories for the current ice truck will work.

Sponsored

LightningShow

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 Lariat ER
Occupation
Product Development
I'm curious how expensive of a truck you will have to get to be able to option the midgate as it is an optional feature on models other than the first edition. I don't particularly care for the feature myself so I actually like that it's not included on the wt.
I didn't see that it was an option. That's unfortunate.

Sundancer330

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 XLT, FX4, Velocity Blue
You should rename the Silverado EV as the Silveravalanche EV
Yes the Avalanche will go down as the ugliest pickup ever. I have seen several Silverados EV running around town and they are a close second, butt ugly

astricklin

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
99 Mercury mountaineer
I didn't see that it was an option. That's unfortunate.
Looking at the Chevy website, it says 'available' on the air suspension but not on the midgate or the multi-flex tailgate so maybe they are standard. From the videos TFL put out where they actually got to see the prototype in person and speak to Chevy engineers, I understood that it would be optional, and not standard on the wt trim. It may be standard on the rst but I'd say with as far out as they are from production on the retail vehicles there's plenty of time for things to change.

LightningShow

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 Lariat ER
Occupation
Product Development
Looking at the Chevy website, it says 'available' on the air suspension but not on the midgate or the multi-flex tailgate so maybe they are standard. From the videos TFL put out where they actually got to see the prototype in person and speak to Chevy engineers, I understood that it would be optional, and not standard on the wt trim. It may be standard on the rst but I'd say with as far out as they are from production on the retail vehicles there's plenty of time for things to change.

It does make sense that it would be an option. It's an expensive add-on that many people might not want. Not like the MEGA POWER FRUNK!!! which is something that's essentially free to give to consumers when you remove the gas engine.

Sklith

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model 3 Performance, Energica Ego
While I'm not too impressed by the Silverado's looks, it has amazing specs. The only possible gotcha is their pricing. Their top-end model being $105k without $7,500 tax credit makes me believe they'll cost $20k more than the Lighting equivalent.
Sponsored