• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

FCSP connection failed on 1st attempt...now it's not broadcasting SSID

LightningShow

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 Lariat ER
Occupation
Product Development
I got my FCSP installed yesterday and when I went to connect to it via the setup app the attempt timed out. I was able to see the FCSP SSID and enter the password to connect to the FCSP's network but in the connection process in the app there was some type of problem and it didn't "connect" fully. When I tried to set it up again a few minutes later the SSID wasn't visible (tried manual entry, also failed). I power cycled the unit by shutting off the breaker for ~2 minutes and it still wasn't broadcasting anything after power up. Is there some kind of internal connectivity reset I need to do? I'm kind of surprised the power cycle didn't fix it.

FWIW it's charging perfectly fine.
Sponsored

Maquis

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E E4-X; 2023 Lightning Lariat ER
I think thereā€™s a red reset button inside that will revert to original settings.

OP
OP
LightningShow

LightningShow

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 Lariat ER
Occupation
Product Development

Maquis

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Awesome! Thanks! What a terrible design, good lord. If the thing fails to connect (which is apparently common) you have to expose yourself to the high voltage lines? They couldnā€™t even be bothered to make the low voltage side reset externally accessible? Wtf?
Thatā€™s one reason why the NEC requires a readily accessible disconnect. šŸ¤·šŸ¼ā€ā™‚ļø
Of course, if you shut off the power,you canā€™t reset!

Last edited:

Sponsored

Firestop

First Name
Firestop
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F-150 L Lariat ER; Honda Accord Touring
Awesome! Thanks! What a terrible design, good lord. If the thing fails to connect (which is apparently common) you have to expose yourself to the high voltage lines? They couldnā€™t even be bothered to make the low voltage side reset externally accessible? Wtf?
I followed @Flasher ā€˜s suggested app connection process to the letterā€¦.it worked the first time like a charm!

OP
OP
LightningShow

LightningShow

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 Lariat ER
Occupation
Product Development
My connection worked after the factory reset. The odd thing is that it still ā€œremembersā€ the charge session i did before the factory reset. I can see it in the app. So, it either doesnā€™t fully wipe the memory or maybe it was stored on the truck side?

Maquis

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
My connection worked after the factory reset. The odd thing is that it still ā€œremembersā€ the charge session i did before the factory reset. I can see it in the app. So, it either doesnā€™t fully wipe the memory or maybe it was stored on the truck side?
I think itā€™s stored on Fordā€™s servers?

OP
OP
LightningShow

LightningShow

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 Lariat ER
Occupation
Product Development
I think itā€™s stored on Fordā€™s servers?
Howā€™d it get there though? The FCSP had no connectivity. Do you think the truck handshaked with the FCSP even without being set up? I have no clue, I just found it odd.

To be clear, itā€™s showing up on the FCSP charge log not just the truckā€™s charge log.

Maquis

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Howā€™d it get there though? The FCSP had no connectivity. Do you think the truck handshaked with the FCSP even without being set up? I have no clue, I just found it odd.

To be clear, itā€™s showing up on the FCSP charge log not just the truckā€™s charge log.
Good point! I really donā€™t know how all of the connectivity works exactly.

Sponsored

TaxmanHog

First Name
Noel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat-ER Max Tow Iconic Silver
Occupation
Retired
Good point! I really donā€™t know how all of the connectivity works exactly.
Ford Pass and the FCSP talk to each other and report to the mothership

Bwanapete

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning, 2017 Tesla MS90d, 1941 Lincoln V12
For what itā€™s worth, my Ford charger, set for 80 amps, works just fine. Got it in Jan ā€˜23. Truck is a 2022 ER Lariat built last June.
Sponsored