• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Beaux

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2015 F150 Platinum, 2021 F150 Limited
Today I took my first quick trip in my Platinum. We left North Georgia and went to Cookeville Tennessee. I used Ford navigation for the trip since it factors in charging. I started from home with 90 percent. Drove mostly 75mph on cruise. I drove normally and didn't get into it on the way up. It was 147.1 miles up and I got 1.8 kWh.

We really got a lot of attention. Several people asked questions when I got inside the restaurant. They must've noticed me parking. Several asked to go look at it. Many pictures were taken. All good except one dude that decided to park beside me and rev his engine. Whatever buddy burn that 5 dollar a gallon gas.

Getting ready to leave Cookeville and return home the navigation sent me to Sam's club to an EA charger. This was my first charging experience other than the mobile charger at home. It went very well. I had already activated the free time from Ford. AllI had to do was plug in and it started charging. The navigation told me to charge it to 78%. While I was there a nice couple came out that was driving a Mach E. We had a good conversation about EVs.

On the trip home I was playing around more and going faster overall. A lot of 75mph but also some 79mph. I went 146.9 miles and got 1.9kWh. This surprised me as I drove harder and faster on the way back.

As a first time EV owner I felt comfortable and never got anxiety about range. This coming from someone who always wanted the largest gas tank I could get on a truck. Overall happy so far. Now after seeing a fast charger work I'm ready to get my Ford charge station pro installed at home.

Ford F-150 Lightning First quick trip in my Lightning Platinum got a lot of attention _hash=ad8903cd1f1836842388b4af89be180f

Ford F-150 Lightning First quick trip in my Lightning Platinum got a lot of attention 208140B9-94EC-42AC-BD16-68D992A53E4B
Ford F-150 Lightning First quick trip in my Lightning Platinum got a lot of attention 580A64B8-21E5-4AFE-B6B6-9692D1B292CD

Ford F-150 Lightning First quick trip in my Lightning Platinum got a lot of attention AB6F6C27-3198-4DB4-AECB-5EB26B4E1BF2
Sponsored

Last edited by a moderator:

Ice Age

First Name
GG
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Too many to list?
Occupation
Manager
What was the range and miles you averaged and nice ride and write up.

TaxmanHog

First Name
Noel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat-ER Max Tow Iconic Silver
Occupation
Retired
Thanks for sharing, will you be doing any towing?

Sponsored

Maquis

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E E4-X; 2023 Lightning Lariat ER
I’d guess the wind was in your favor on the return.

Bigpoppa

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lightning
Occupation
Strategist
Today I took my first quick trip in my Platinum. We left North Georgia and went to Cookeville Tennessee. I used Ford navigation for the trip since it factors in charging. I started from home with 90 percent. Drove mostly 75mph on cruise. I drove normally and didn't get into it on the way up. It was 147.1 miles up and I got 1.8 kWh.

We really got a lot of attention. Several people asked questions when I got inside the restaurant. They must've noticed me parking. Several asked to go look at it. Many pictures were taken. All good except one dude that decided to park beside me and rev his engine. Whatever buddy burn that 5 dollar a gallon gas.

Getting ready to leave Cookeville and return home the navigation sent me to Sam's club to an EA charger. This was my first charging experience other than the mobile charger at home. It went very well. I had already activated the free time from Ford. AllI had to do was plug in and it started charging. The navigation told me to charge it to 78%. While I was there a nice couple came out that was driving a Mach E. We had a good conversation about EVs.

On the trip home I was playing around more and going faster overall. A lot of 75mph but also some 79mph. I went 146.9 miles and got 1.9kWh. This surprised me as I drove harder and faster on the way back.

As a first time EV owner I felt comfortable and never got anxiety about range. This coming from someone who always wanted the largest gas tank I could get on a truck. Overall happy so far. Now after seeing a fast charger work I'm ready to get my Ford charge station pro installed at home.

View attachment 48495
208140B9-94EC-42AC-BD16-68D992A53E4B.jpeg
580A64B8-21E5-4AFE-B6B6-9692D1B292CD.jpeg

AB6F6C27-3198-4DB4-AECB-5EB26B4E1BF2.jpeg

View attachment 48491
Thank you for posting. You have a beautiful truck! How quiet is the ride from your experience?

OP
OP
Beaux

Beaux

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Thanks for sharing, will you be doing any towing?

Just minor towing here and there. Utility trailer, boat... Things like that but not often.

Ford F-150 Lightning First quick trip in my Lightning Platinum got a lot of attention F-150 Lightning Flash 3

Ford F-150 Lightning First quick trip in my Lightning Platinum got a lot of attention Screenshot 2023-10-03 at 6.21.03 AM

OP
OP
Beaux

Beaux

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Thank you for posting. You have a beautiful truck! How quiet is the ride from your experience?
It's very quiet and quieter than the 21 Limited.

Firestop

First Name
Firestop
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F-150 L Lariat ER; Honda Accord Touring

View attachment 48495

View attachment 48491
Thanks for posting! Your experience traveling in the +/-75 mph range appears to be in line with the experiences of others. Question: Was there significant elevation change on the trip up vs. the return?

Thanks again for taking the time to post!

Sponsored

FordTough98198

First Name
Domenic
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Expedition MAX KR, 2022 Lightning (reserved)
Occupation
Business Consultant

View attachment 48495

View attachment 48491
Mine is “shipped” and due by the end of the month. Haven’t seen anything out West yet and I’m so excited to drive around and have people ask about it. I’m almost as excited as when I drive my ‘65 Mustang convertible… I love when other car people come out of the woodwork. Glad to hear you’ve already enjoyed a trip!! Kudos and happy motoring!

OP
OP
Beaux

Beaux

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
I’m sure elevation gain and loss didn’t play a part?
It seemed very similar both directions. There were two significant mountain ranges each way and you had to go up and down each of them. Plus I started in the north Georgia mountains.

Maquis

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E E4-X; 2023 Lightning Lariat ER
I’m sure elevation gain and loss didn’t play a part?
Definitely could. It’s so flat where I live, I don’t think much about elevation!

davidf01

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150 lightning
Did you use one pedal driving? I would imagine if you use that you would get better kWh.

sotek2345

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat ER, 2021 Mach-e GT
Occupation
Engineering Manager
Did you use one pedal driving? I would imagine if you use that you would get better kWh.
1 pedal driving will have no impact on range or efficiency. Unlike Tesla, Ford uses blended braking for the brake pedal - so even if you have 1 pedal off and brake manually, you are still using regen (unless you exceed max regen and the friction pads are needed).
Sponsored