• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Firestop

First Name
Firestop
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F-150 L Lariat ER; Honda Accord Touring
As noted in the article, no increase in cord length….at least on this test location……

Monkey

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'23 Lightning, Tesla Model Y, and more...
Occupation
Semi-retired electrical/computer/software engineer
This looks pretty slick. The CCS adapter locks to the end of the Tesla connector when needed or back in the Magic Dock when not and people can't remove it in between so they don't go missing.

As noted in the article, no increase in cord length….at least on this test location……
Yeah, that's going to make some (most) locations awkward if they don't lengthen the cables. Pull-through spots should be just fine, but those are hard to come by. I've encountered a couple EA and ChargePoint locations that are already barely reaching my Lightning with my bumper just about touching the bollard post protecting the charger. Aesthetically, I like where Ford placed the charge port on the Lightning, but for practicality, it should have been on the very left front corner or rear tail light location. Regardless of planning for Tesla charger use or not.

FordLightningMan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150
Now I can block 4 spots with my Lightning while shooting craps!

This is a regular stop for me in my Tesla, it's the absolute furthest my Model 3 Performance can go when I make my way east. I'll need one more of these in-between to make the trip in my SR Lightning, but I assume that will happen sooner than later now.

Toby57

First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 F-150 XL 101A
Occupation
retired
Magic Dock? Did Tesla come up with that or did Fred? Unlocks with a Tesla app..

Sponsored

thecoloradokid

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 PORSCHE TAYCAN and '22 Ford F-150 Lightning
The good thing about that particular location is that in a Lightning you can always pull up in the grass parallel to the chargers on the back side to plug in. Pretty sure that would piss off the Tesla kool aid types, but if you need a charge in a pinch I guess you could figure it out.

Should be an interesting new charging world as more of these come on line. I am sure there will be all kinds of not so friendly encounters in the future.

Lucky for me I live in Colorado. We are blanketed by reliable EA chargers and the State has heavily invested in putting CCS chargers all over. Not a city in Colorado I can't reach easily in an EV.

Last edited:

metroshot

First Name
Pat
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lariat F150L + 2023 MME
Occupation
Networking Tech
The good thing about that particular location is that in a Lightning you can always pull up in the grass parallel to the chargers on the back side to plug in. Pretty sure that would piss off the Tesla kool aid types, but if you need a charge in a pinch I guess you could figure it out.

Should be an interesting new charging world as more of these come on line. I am sure there will be all kinds of not so friendly encounters in the future.

Lucky for me I live in Colorado. We are blanketed by reliable EA chargers and the State has heavily invested in putting CCS chargers all over. Not a city in Colorado I can't reach easily in an EV.
Good idea!

I was thinking of either pulling up behind the chargers if room existed or if the parking berms/stops could be over ridden, pull the truck thru the stall in-between towers to connect...

astricklin

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
99 Mercury mountaineer
They need to sell these adapters stand alone. It's nice to see them on the charge station, but if you could buy one, then theoretically you could use any supercharger. Unless there's other hardware/software enhancements needed.

Sponsored
OP
OP
AZT9

AZT9

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2016 Escalade, 2018 Tesla Model 3
Great to see that it’s apparently an easy retrofit so deployment may be rapid.

thecoloradokid

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 PORSCHE TAYCAN and '22 Ford F-150 Lightning

It may be an easy retrofit, but it has to be the right station lay out to work for a Lightning. Cables are way too short if you have park nose in directly in front of a supercharger.

vandy1981

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'19 Jaguar I-Pace, '22 Lightning Lariat ER
Occupation
Plumber
I'm assuming only V3 superchargers will get the magic dock. Unfortunately most of the locations I'm most anticipating are V2's.

vandy1981

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'19 Jaguar I-Pace, '22 Lightning Lariat ER
Occupation
Plumber