• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

FMC Called … They are Concerned about my Lightning

F150ROD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 IB Lariat Lightning/Miata ND2 Club
Occupation
U.S. Navy Retired
They said there is a code they are concerned about, my dash shows no Christmas lights or anything. I am at 15k miles, it has not been updated to 3.5.5 yet as I have not received that update. On the phone waiting for Ford Rep.

Ford F-150 Lightning FMC Called … They are Concerned about my Lightning 58FC5EE9-301C-4B2A-B56A-D87A94C68B3B

I am not Mr. Williams but I confirmed it is my vehicle.
Sponsored

Last edited:
OP
OP
F150ROD

F150ROD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
U.S. Navy Retired
I'd be concerned with all the misspellings & language in this message. Don't send them your social security number or a check. lol
I think that’s just Apple and their Voicemail 🤣. At first I thought “what is this low level spam” then I called Ford and yes they are concerned….. but the agent is not available right now and is schedule to call me on Thursday!!! Well, do I charge the truck? Leave it outside? What is the concern? @Ford Motor Company.

VTbuckeye

First Name
Joseph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
19 Bolt, 16 XC90T8, 22 XC40 P8 Recharge, 17 Tacoma
My reply would be that everything seems fine on my end. Feel free to have your engineer drop off a new platinum lightning in my driveway and they can drive my lightning to wherever to h we y need to for testing. Then when you have fixed the problem or are satisfied that there is no actual problem bring my truck back to me and you can drive your platinum lightning back to wherever you need to go next.

Sponsored

Gimme_my_MME

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Grabber Blue First Edition Mustang Mach-E
Occupation
Engineer
They said there is a code they are concerned about, my dash shows no Christmas lights or anything. I am at 15k miles, it has not been updated to 3.5.5 yet as I have not received that update. On the phone waiting for Ford Rep.

58FC5EE9-301C-4B2A-B56A-D87A94C68B3B.jpeg

I am not Mr. Williams but I confirmed it is my vehicle.
So it is legit.

I'm not sure if anyone ever even used the feature on Sync MyFordTouch but there was an on demand Vehicle Health Report you could run. It ran through a couple sanity checks of things then sent a text message to the cloud using your paired phone with the results and any codes on the vehicle at the time.

This is the next generation of that (actually more like great grandchild). Your vehicle now has its own modem to call home. It sends any codes pretty much when they happen (remember not all codes result in a fault light on the dash).

And analytics are being done on the data to identify trends and get ahead of issues by getting you in for preventative maintenance so you don't have unexpected downtime on your trucks.

Well, do I charge the truck? Leave it outside? What is the concern?
If there was any concern about you charging or using the truck at all beyond normal usage they would tell you.

Halbach

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lightning Pro
Occupation
Engineer
If there was any concern about you charging or using the truck at all beyond normal usage they would tell you.
So when my truck gets more air than a skateboard at the X-games they're gonna call me?

Sponsored
OP
OP
F150ROD

F150ROD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
U.S. Navy Retired
"Excuse me sir, we are very concerned about your F-150 Lightning. Your truck has reported to us that there may be the possibility that you have not contacted us about an extended warranty."

-- probably.
Except extended warranty is already there 🤣

This is some BS, now I’m going to be sitting waiting in anticipation for Weds.

Ford Customer service had no clue what was going on as far as what the issue was.

GDN

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lightning Lariat ER, Performance Y
Occupation
IT
These trucks and the dealer portals are somewhat impressive. If you've got an OBDII reader or Forscan you can plug in and find the codes it has set, but yet - when they are set they are uploaded. The dealer can see a daily view and knows when and what codes were set.

Now - the big issue is will your dealer know what's up? - maybe, maybe not. Ford engineers are ready to support them however.

OP
OP
F150ROD

F150ROD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
U.S. Navy Retired
These trucks and the dealer portals are somewhat impressive. If you've got an OBDII reader or Forscan you can plug in and find the codes it has set, but yet - when they are set they are uploaded. The dealer can see a daily view and knows when and what codes were set.

Now - the big issue is will your dealer know what's up? - maybe, maybe not. Ford engineers are ready to support them however.
Exactly. This is what I am waiting to find out. What dealer do I take it to, how long will it be down, are these engineers just wanting a winter vacation to SD 😂

TaxmanHog

First Name
Noel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat-ER Max Tow Iconic Silver
Occupation
Retired
Except extended warranty is already there 🤣

This is some BS, now I’m going to be sitting waiting in anticipation for Weds.

Ford Customer service had no clue what was going on as far as what the issue was.
In their defense, I understand large bureaucracies and the stove pipe levels of customer service, it's unfortunate that total integration of the customer service experience has not been reached yet, but coming from one 100+ year old bureaucracy and observing another [Ford].... it's understandable to me but not most of the iphone & Tesla class

ChrisCon

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 Carbonized Grey Lightning Lariat ER
So it is legit.

I'm not sure if anyone ever even used the feature on Sync MyFordTouch but there was an on demand Vehicle Health Report you could run. It ran through a couple sanity checks of things then sent a text message to the cloud using your paired phone with the results and any codes on the vehicle at the time.

This is the next generation of that (actually more like great grandchild). Your vehicle now has its own modem to call home. It sends any codes pretty much when they happen (remember not all codes result in a fault light on the dash).

And analytics are being done on the data to identify trends and get ahead of issues by getting you in for preventative maintenance so you don't have unexpected downtime on your trucks.

I just hit 16,000 miles and also didn’t get 3.5.5
(. But got almost all other updates first day ). I
hope I’m not in the same boat.
Sponsored