• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

For those who thought YouTubers and influencers would be prioritized for first wave (spurt/drip) order invites....

vandy1981

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'19 Jaguar I-Pace, '22 Lightning Lariat ER
Occupation
Plumber
Tom Moloughney, one the guys from InsideEVs and one of the more well-known EV-focused YouTubers, ordered in the first few minutes on 5/19 but wasn't in wave (spurt/drip) 1. TBH he seemed a little clueless about the Lightning order process, but does have contacts with Ford. I would have thought he would be one that would be prioritized if the conspiracy theory was true.

InsideEVs Podcast 1/7/22
Sponsored

techguydave

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
None
Occupation
IT
That's actually super surprising to me. InsideEVs has had Ford corporate on their videos multiple times and are one of the larger EV-focused outlets, so if there really were press/influencer prioritization I'd have thought they'd get one.

I'd hope they'll at least get some hands-on time with a press unit soon.

discothan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 XLT
Most auto manufacturers have 'press vehicles' that they lend out for this reason. If this person is deemed as someone the marketing department would work with, this person might get the press vehicle to use.