• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Ford 48 amp charger

Oafy44

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
23 ford lightning
Occupation
Landscape contractor
Just wanted to kind of vent but overall hopefully not complain too much. But if any Ford employees read this please know I am overall incredibly happy and the lightning has surpassed my expectations

ok here’s the rant. I have had my ER lariat for 3 weeks. No one has called/emailed me - either Ford or sunrun about my 80 amp station. There will be plenty of you on here that will tell me what I need to do which I appreciate but as many on here have stated - I already paid for it- I paid Ford- why do they make it more complicated then it needs to be
I decided last Thursday / 4 days ago - that I would hook my 80 amp at my shop (place of business ) since I have plenty of juice there. Already installed a 100 amp there like many of you suggested. Then I decided to order the Ford 48amp from their website. And will set it up at my house. That way I can top off during the night if needed.
How is it that I can place an order with Ford online and get my package today - 3 days later and I can’t get my 80 amp in any reasonable time.
ford needs To send the ER charger with the vehicle and if they want to figure out how to parter with Sunrun that’s fine but my dealership doesn’t know what the process is either when I called them last week because I don’t know if I call Sunrun or if this thing just shows up at my mailbox or what.

some will argue that it could be they don’t want tons of theft but they have no problem sending the warn winches in the beds of the super duty’s that were configured online.
That’s all I have as of right now. Just think this should be addressed soon so all you that are waiting for/ receiving your lighting can enjoy charging quickly from your place of choice the second you drive it home.

Ford F-150 Lightning Ford 48 amp charger 47B1818D-AE07-4915-892E-725E2F3C9FE8
Sponsored

Monkey

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'23 Lightning, Tesla Model Y, and more...
Occupation
Semi-retired electrical/computer/software engineer
If it's been 3 weeks and you haven't heard about your 80 AMP charge station pro, then something is wrong. Double check with your dealership and then call SunRun. Chances are your email address didn't get relayed properly with the sale info. You should receive a confirmation email from SunRun shortly after completing your purchase. Many of us lately are getting that email in a matter of a couple days.

SunRun handling and shipping chargers separately has nothing to do with theft concerns. It is all because this is the deal made with their SunRun partnership and SunRun being the sole supplier for the Charge Station Pro and companion bi-directional inverter and disconnect cabinet for the home integration system. SunRun makes contact with Lightning customers to confirm shipping and try an upsell/quote installation services and all that. I didn't get the upsell and it seems they're not really pushing that now. I don't think the deal has worked out the way they had anticipated either. Doesn't help any of us at this point, but I hope Ford moves to start including the charger with the truck at delivery. Or just makes it an optional separate purchase as it should be and something we can order directly online from Ford or through our dealership parts department as we can with the 48A charger.

OP
OP

Oafy44

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
23 ford lightning
Occupation
Landscape contractor
If it's been 3 weeks and you haven't heard about your 80 AMP charge station pro, then something is wrong. Double check with your dealership and then call SunRun. Chances are your email address didn't get relayed properly with the sale info. You should receive a confirmation email from SunRun shortly after completing your purchase. Many of us lately are getting that email in a matter of a couple days.

SunRun handling and shipping chargers separately has nothing to do with theft concerns. It is all because this is the deal made with their SunRun partnership and SunRun being the sole supplier for the Charge Station Pro and companion bi-directional inverter and disconnect cabinet for the home integration system. SunRun makes contact with Lightning customers to confirm shipping and try an upsell/quote installation services and all that. I didn't get the upsell and it seems they're not really pushing that now. I don't think the deal has worked out the way they had anticipated either. Doesn't help any of us at this point, but I hope Ford moves to start including the charger with the truck at delivery. Or just makes it an optional separate purchase as it should be and something we can order directly online from Ford or through our dealership parts department as we can with the 48A charger.
Thanks for the info. I shall do the tomorrow

Pioneer74

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat ER - 2022 Mach-E Premium
Occupation
Electrician
I have to ask. What did you pay for the Ford 48 amp charger?

OP
OP

Oafy44

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
23 ford lightning
Occupation
Landscape contractor
I have to ask. What did you pay for the Ford 48 amp charger?
Just what it was listed on the website I think it was around $800. I am aware I could have found some cheaper that do just as good or “better” but I really like how they integrate with the ford app and if something goes wrong Ford can’t blame a 3rd party charger

Sponsored
OP
OP

Oafy44

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
23 ford lightning
Occupation
Landscape contractor
Correct. I installed a 100 dedicated “Ev charger” circuit for the 80 amp at the shop and will install a 60 amp for the 48 amp at the house. Thanks to all on this forum they have done this and had great advice on how to set it up

Maquis

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E E4-X; 2023 Lightning Lariat ER
I picked up my truck yesterday. The dealer presented me a letter from Ford stating that my FCSP is on backorder and not to expect it until June. They had me sign the letter to acknowledge that I had read it.

Also, the 48A FCCS can be wired on a less than 60A circuit as long as you set the internal DIP switches to a correspondingly lower setting.

OP
OP

Oafy44

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
23 ford lightning
Occupation
Landscape contractor
I picked up my truck yesterday. The dealer presented me a letter from Ford stating that my FCSP is on backorder and not to expect it until June. They had me sign the letter to acknowledge that I had read it.

Also, the 48A FCCS can be wired on a less than 60A circuit as long as you set the internal DIP switches to a correspondingly lower setting.
that is amazing. 6 months of charging on a 110 portable charger? I’m pretty sure you could go and order it on fords website and have it in a week. if I don’t get anywhere tomorrow I’m almost half tempted to order it on the website/ or make my dealership order it or give me a $1400 refund because I’m pretty sure it was available to buy on the website Thursday.

Maquis

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
that is amazing. 6 months of charging on a 110 portable charger? I’m pretty sure you could go and order it on fords website and have it in a week. if I don’t get anywhere tomorrow I’m almost half tempted to order it on the website/ or make my dealership order it or give me a $1400 refund because I’m pretty sure it was available to buy on the website Thursday.
I installed a 48A Connected Charge Station when I got my Mach-E 2 years ago. I’ll have no problem sharing it with the Lightning. The only reason I was even considering replacing it with the CSP is because it has a longer cable.
I understand your situation is different and hope you get a quick resolution.

OP
OP

Oafy44

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
23 ford lightning
Occupation
Landscape contractor
I installed a 48A Connected Charge Station when I got my Mach-E 2 years ago. I’ll have no problem sharing it with the Lightning. The only reason I was even considering replacing it with the CSP is because it has a longer cable.
I understand your situation is different and hope you get a quick resolution.
it’s not a big deal honestly. I’ll I just use the the 48 at my house till the 80 comes in. Worse case scenario is I’ll use the portable charger at my shop.

since I installed the 100 amp the portable charger is getting 18 miles per hour charge so it’s not horrible.

Sponsored

Maquis

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
it’s not a big deal honestly. I’ll I just use the the 48 at my house till the 80 comes in. Worse case scenario is I’ll use the portable charger at my shop.

since I installed the 100 amp the portable charger is getting 18 miles per hour charge so it’s not horrible.
Sounds like our situations are similar.

OP
OP

Oafy44

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
23 ford lightning
Occupation
Landscape contractor