• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Ford Charge Station Pro not connecting to Pro Charger app for initial set up

Jim657

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
23 F150 Lightning Lariat , 22 Mach E GT
Wondering if anybody would have any suggestions got my Ford charge station pro installed cannot get it to connect to the pro charger app For the initial set up. Sometimes it’s Wi-Fi shows up under my iPhone in the first step of connecting it and when I click on it will sometimes connect but when I go back to the pro app, it says connecting to the charging station and then it just goes away and nothing happens. I have turn the power on and off to the station and I have done a factory reset as well was on the phone with Ford for over two hours yesterday they’re talking about maybe sending out a new unit I don’t really want to have to remove this one and then add the new one. it does charge the truck, but I find it frustrating that it’s not connecting to the pro app and I’m not able to add it to the Ford pass app
Sponsored

TaxmanHog

First Name
Noel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat-ER Max Tow Iconic Silver
Occupation
Retired
The setup process is a bit convoluted and confusing.

Essentially you start by networking to the FCSP from your mobile device to configure the FCSP network to communicate with your permanent home wifi network, once that's done the FCSP stops broadcasting its SID, ie. you won't see it any when doing a wifi scan.

Using another device, laptop or your mobile, log onto your home wifi router, confirm that the FCSP is connected per the FCSP's MAC number, if you see it then it's connected.

The next important phase of configuring relates to associating the FCSP to your FORD PASS account so that it knows where to report statistics from your charging events.

TaxmanHog

First Name
Noel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired

Wiseone

First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Honda Pilot, Honda Civic
I was able to get it added to the wifi but I can't see it in the Ford Pass app. When I go through the process of adding it, it sees it, but then says "Chargeoint not found"

Zprime29

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Honda Pilot, 2022 Lightning ER
It took a couple tries to get mine to connect. Each time, it would fail to connect to wifi. Even now, I sometimes an unable to connect to it from the app. I think mine is on the edge of my router's wifi range as it is on the opposite side of the house.

Sponsored

TaxmanHog

First Name
Noel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired
Assuming the FCSP is talking to your network....

Then use the the Charge Station Pro setup utility to log in and setup the association of the FCSP to your FORD PASS account, these are the initial steps followed by several more steps that I did not capture.

Make sure your mobile device has reconnected to the local home wifi network, previously you were connected DIRECTLY to the FCSP, so that connection needs to be broken and rejoin the home network.

Start the setup app.

Click Manage Settings
Ford F-150 Lightning Ford Charge Station Pro not connecting to Pro Charger app for initial set up 1683813433590

It may take a few minutes to see this screen.
Ford F-150 Lightning Ford Charge Station Pro not connecting to Pro Charger app for initial set up 1683813450902

if not already remembered, input the exact station password noted on the documents that came with your unit.
Ford F-150 Lightning Ford Charge Station Pro not connecting to Pro Charger app for initial set up 1683813470339

Once logged into the stations via your home network, click the "Connect to FORDPASS" and follow several more prompts to complete the account association.
Ford F-150 Lightning Ford Charge Station Pro not connecting to Pro Charger app for initial set up 1683813488058

Once the association is completed, you are done with the setup application, but do not remove it from your mobile device in the event it's needed for future reconfigurations.

Now, start the FORDPASS app, go to your ACCOUNT screen, scroll down the list of tiles, locate the "Charge Station / Connected Charge Station" tile. Once your connected it should show the FCSP is online, waiting, plugged in, charging, or an error. Details about your charging sessions will appear under INSIGHTS daily after you unplug.

Ford F-150 Lightning Ford Charge Station Pro not connecting to Pro Charger app for initial set up 1683813917356

Nikos

First Name
Nicholas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F 150 Lightning
Occupation
Aircraft Mechanic
Hello Jim
Can your wallbox charger find the internet?
Mine could not find or connect to the internet in order to communicate with the Siemens server in Georgia. Also when you call Ford Support Services, did they find your wallbox charger communicating with the Ford Pass servers? I thought also that I will get another wallbox mailed to me, but in the end, we worked thru the issues with Ford and Siemens on a three way call.
Another thing, do you have another wallbox charger in your garage? You may have to shut that one down while you set up the Ford Charge Pro wallbox.
Good luck.

Tony Burgh

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 Lariat ER
Occupation
Retired
The “smart” features of the FCSP are not worth the effort. I have used it as a dumb charger for a few months now and really haven’t missed its only software features.
Tracking power consumption the first few months was interesting but not really useful. plus my electricity provider shows hourly consumption when you log into your account.
To change charging amps (which I seldom did) I will now pop the cover off, use a portable drill with T20 bit to remove 9 bolts and turn the dial. 5 minute operation.
Don‘t sweat the finicky wifi connection of the FCSP

OP
OP
Jim657

Jim657

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles

Then use the the Charge Station Pro setup utility to log in and setup the association of the FCSP to your FORD PASS account, these are the initial steps followed by several my steps that I did not capture.

Make sure your mobile device has reconnected to the local home wifi network, previously you were connected DIRECTLY to the FCSP, so that connection needs to be broken and rejoin the home network.

Start the setup app.

Click Manage Settings
1683813433590.png

1683813450902.png

if not already remembered, input the exact station password noted on the documents that came with your unit.
1683813470339.png

Once logged into the stations via your home network, click the "Connect to FORDPASS" and follow several more prompts to complete the account association.
1683813488058.png

Once the association is completed, you are done with the setup application, but do not remove it from your mobile device in the event it's needed for future reconfigurations.

Now, start the FORDPASS app, go to your ACCOUNT screen, scroll down the list of tiles, locate the "Charge Station / Connected Charge Station" tile. Once your connected it should show the FCSP is online, waiting, plugged in, charging, or an error. Details about your charging sessions will appear under INSIGHTS daily after you unplug.

1683813917356.png

Then use the the Charge Station Pro setup utility to log in and setup the association of the FCSP to your FORD PASS account, these are the initial steps followed by several my steps that I did not capture.

Start the setup app.

Click Manage Settings
1683813433590.png

1683813450902.png

1683813470339.png

1683813488058.png

1683813917356.png
Got it connected. Thank you so much for your help. It’s greatly appreciated.

TaxmanHog

First Name
Noel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired
The “smart” features of the FCSP are not worth the effort. I have used it as a dumb charger for a few months now and really haven’t missed its only software features.
The initial connection is important for receiving firmware updates, of which the very first update is the (thermal shutdown issue), after that I agree that the metrics are a mixed bag of detail and reliable reporting, hopefully FOMOCO data centers become 24/7 [NO TIME DOWN] to support my need for data reliability

Sponsored

Scarlet

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F-150 Lightning and 2021 Mustang Mach E
The good thing is the charger charges without being connected. It wouldn't work for me and I just gave up on it.

OP
OP
Jim657

Jim657

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Went out in the morning followed some of the steps that the helpful people had posted on here and I got it connected. Just wanted to thank everybody for the replies it was very helpful.

Zprime29

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Honda Pilot, 2022 Lightning ER
Went out in the morning followed some of the steps that the helpful people had posted on here and I got it connected. Just wanted to thank everybody for the replies it was very helpful.
Awesome! Don't be dismayed if it still misses data when you check in on it. It's just as bad as the truck at logging. I think I get about 90% of my charging sessions.

dachelpo

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Ford F-150 Lightening, 2015 Ford Flex
Occupation
Retired - Music Director 21 years, H.S. Principal 8 years, Public School Supt. 9 years, Church Organist 21+ years
I am having difficulties too getting the Ford Charge Station Pro to set up properly with my Ford Pass. I have called the Ford Customer Support number (on the front of the Ford Charge Station Pro Installation Guide - US number (800) 392-3673, Canda (800) 565-3673. The reps were excellent to work with and seemed knowledgeable, but I was surprised at the recommendation I received from them. The Ford Charge Station Pro will not set up properly according to them if you have a 5 GHz and a 2.4 MHz connection operating from the local area network (LAN) or wide area network (WAN). In my case, my garage is at the complete opposite end of my house and was added on after the original house was built in the mid-60's. It's a two-story split level with a lot of interior and exterior walls in between the server (modem and router location) and the far end of my garage. My wi-fi signal at this location was very weak so I installed a bridge router in this location (I bought a router on sale for under $40.00 for this use but this was before I received the information that the Ford Charge Station Pro needed to see only the 2.4 MHz link an would not work if it saw a 5GHz link on the LAN or WAN.

Presently, I have run ethernet CAT (category)6e to the location for the garage bridge router, so it has a solid Internet connection (over 600 MB per second - I feed my house with 1 GB of fiber). I will briefly discuss the difficulties in all of this. First, I cannot get through all the walls of my house nor to and via the attic to my garage location. I have thus run the ethernet temporarily on the ground prior to installing in plastic conduit to ensure I could achieve the Internet feed to the garage bridge router. Second, finding the bridge router setting on the "on sale, discounted router" was difficult. The one I found on sale was a LinkSys router and my primary router is a NetGear. In my opinion, router manufacturers don't really expect the normal consumer to be setting up bridge routers and the ability to set a router in this mode is hidden in the router documentation. It may require a hardwire connection to the router and a deep dive into the advanced router settings. This was further complicated in my case with making two different brands of routers cooperate with each other. A bridge router becomes subservient to the primary router. If it also tried to be the a primary router the Ford Charge Station Pro would not be happy as boandcontrol device (in my case my Android Galaxy 20+ that has the Ford Charge Station Pro app on it and also let's not forget that you have to download the "Ford Charge Station Pro Setup App" also on the phone so you will end up jumping between the two apps during the setup process). So now I have a bridge router, ethernet hard wired to the bridge router, trying to jump between two amps on my cell phone, after having to go into the software controlling both my primary NetGear router and my subservient LinkSys bridge router to turn off my 5 GHz links to accommodate having the Ford Charge State Pro (and both apps) be happy with connection conditions.

It is not a happy day when I have to go into our LAN and WAN and remove all the 5 GHz connected devices from the network. 5 GHz is the faster of the two although 2.4 MHz travels through walls better and farther. Some devices that cannot find their 5 GHz connection will require manual reconnection via password, etc. I got to this point, my LAN and WAN were only broadcasting 2.4 MHz connections as the 5 GHz connections were disabled. Guess what, I still could not get the Ford Charge Station Pro Set Up app and the FordPass app to connect to the Ford Charge Station. I tried everything I could think of regarding the issue. My cell phone, my Microsoft Surface Pilot laptop, my Ford F-150 Lightning, and my wife's Ford Flex, can all be seen and connect to the bridge router, and I can see all these devices on my primary router as connected devices, but not the Ford Charge Station Pro. I ended up needing to turn the 5 GHz back on and reconnect devices in my household.

At this point, I am trying to get another large block of hours free up with everyone in the house so I can make another attempt after calling back the help line. I did get a case number set up the first time but this next time I need to have an additional cell phone handy in order to have a phone connected to the Ford help line while I juggle between the two apps on my Android phone while having my lap top monitoring the situation on both the primary and bridge monitor.

Let me say - this is a giant pain in the a**. IMO, this is not just a Ford problem but should also largely be placed at the door mat of SunRun the company that Ford has selected to be their preferred provided for their charging system and for the bi-directional feed controller, dark battery, and inverter. People trying to achieve bi-directional use of the batteries in the Ford F-150 Lightning are also having difficulties achieving the promise of using it to feed their residences when the grid goes dark. This is without the addition that some of us want to achieve this but have different solar arrays. My solar array was installed by SunPro/ADTSolar. I have put this phase off my solar/green project on hold until 1) I can get the Ford Charge Station Pro to properly connect to my LAN/WAN and work with the FordPass app (and allowing me to set charging limits and times) and 2) until bi-directional feeds are easy, safe, and achievable with ease after spending the additional $'s.

Ford help will pass you on to others to assist you with the connection, they are SunRun techs. The Ford Charge Station Pro is made by a subdivision of SunRun as is the bi-directional feed equipment that is the preferred provider for Ford. Both Ford and especially SunRun need to step up - I can't believe that this whole process cannot be made easier by upgrading the software in the Ford Charge Station Pro. This just should not be this tough! Presently, this cannot be done by the consumer that doesn't have some knowledge of networking and a desire to spend hours to accomplish and work with the modem, router, possibly a bridge router, ethernet cords - hardwire, wireless connections, etc. At my first contact, a week ago I received a call back number directly to the same folks I talked with then along with a case number that was created. At least the help line and I have established a starting point so I can return to them to ask for the next step and with additional cell phone and resources here all connected to assist when I 'kill' my 5 GHz connections the next time. I too will be monitoring this feed to see if others have their experiences.

TaxmanHog

First Name
Noel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired
I am having difficulties too getting the Ford Charge Station Pro to set up properly with my Ford Pass. I have called the Ford Customer Support number (on the front of the Ford Charge Station Pro Installation Guide - US number (800) 392-3673, Canda (800) 565-3673. The reps were excellent to work with and seemed knowledgeable, but I was surprised at the recommendation I received from them. The Ford Charge Station Pro will not set up properly according to them if you have a 5 GHz and a 2.4 MHz connection operating from the local area network (LAN) or wide area network (WAN). In my case, my garage is at the complete opposite end of my house and was added on after the original house was built in the mid-60's. It's a two-story split level with a lot of interior and exterior walls in between the server (modem and router location) and the far end of my garage. My wi-fi signal at this location was very weak so I installed a bridge router in this location (I bought a router on sale for under $40.00 for this use but this was before I received the information that the Ford Charge Station Pro needed to see only the 2.4 MHz link an would not work if it saw a 5GHz link on the LAN or WAN.

Presently, I have run ethernet CAT (category)6e to the location for the garage bridge router, so it has a solid Internet connection (over 600 MB per second - I feed my house with 1 GB of fiber). I will briefly discuss the difficulties in all of this. First, I cannot get through all the walls of my house nor to and via the attic to my garage location. I have thus run the ethernet temporarily on the ground prior to installing in plastic conduit to ensure I could achieve the Internet feed to the garage bridge router. Second, finding the bridge router setting on the "on sale, discounted router" was difficult. The one I found on sale was a LinkSys router and my primary router is a NetGear. In my opinion, router manufacturers don't really expect the normal consumer to be setting up bridge routers and the ability to set a router in this mode is hidden in the router documentation. It may require a hardwire connection to the router and a deep dive into the advanced router settings. This was further complicated in my case with making two different brands of routers cooperate with each other. A bridge router becomes subservient to the primary router. If it also tried to be the a primary router the Ford Charge Station Pro would not be happy as boandcontrol device (in my case my Android Galaxy 20+ that has the Ford Charge Station Pro app on it and also let's not forget that you have to download the "Ford Charge Station Pro Setup App" also on the phone so you will end up jumping between the two apps during the setup process). So now I have a bridge router, ethernet hard wired to the bridge router, trying to jump between two amps on my cell phone, after having to go into the software controlling both my primary NetGear router and my subservient LinkSys bridge router to turn off my 5 GHz links to accommodate having the Ford Charge State Pro (and both apps) be happy with connection conditions.

It is not a happy day when I have to go into our LAN and WAN and remove all the 5 GHz connected devices from the network. 5 GHz is the faster of the two although 2.4 MHz travels through walls better and farther. Some devices that cannot find their 5 GHz connection will require manual reconnection via password, etc. I got to this point, my LAN and WAN were only broadcasting 2.4 MHz connections as the 5 GHz connections were disabled. Guess what, I still could not get the Ford Charge Station Pro Set Up app and the FordPass app to connect to the Ford Charge Station. I tried everything I could think of regarding the issue. My cell phone, my Microsoft Surface Pilot laptop, my Ford F-150 Lightning, and my wife's Ford Flex, can all be seen and connect to the bridge router, and I can see all these devices on my primary router as connected devices, but not the Ford Charge Station Pro. I ended up needing to turn the 5 GHz back on and reconnect devices in my household.

At this point, I am trying to get another large block of hours free up with everyone in the house so I can make another attempt after calling back the help line. I did get a case number set up the first time but this next time I need to have an additional cell phone handy in order to have a phone connected to the Ford help line while I juggle between the two apps on my Android phone while having my lap top monitoring the situation on both the primary and bridge monitor.

Let me say - this is a giant pain in the a**. IMO, this is not just a Ford problem but should also largely be placed at the door mat of SunRun the company that Ford has selected to be their preferred provided for their charging system and for the bi-directional feed controller, dark battery, and inverter. People trying to achieve bi-directional use of the batteries in the Ford F-150 Lightning are also having difficulties achieving the promise of using it to feed their residences when the grid goes dark. This is without the addition that some of us want to achieve this but have different solar arrays. My solar array was installed by SunPro/ADTSolar. I have put this phase off my solar/green project on hold until 1) I can get the Ford Charge Station Pro to properly connect to my LAN/WAN and work with the FordPass app (and allowing me to set charging limits and times) and 2) until bi-directional feeds are easy, safe, and achievable with ease after spending the additional $'s.

Ford help will pass you on to others to assist you with the connection, they are SunRun techs. The Ford Charge Station Pro is made by a subdivision of SunRun as is the bi-directional feed equipment that is the preferred provider for Ford. Both Ford and especially SunRun need to step up - I can't believe that this whole process cannot be made easier by upgrading the software in the Ford Charge Station Pro. This just should not be this tough! Presently, this cannot be done by the consumer that doesn't have some knowledge of networking and a desire to spend hours to accomplish and work with the modem, router, possibly a bridge router, ethernet cords - hardwire, wireless connections, etc. At my first contact, a week ago I received a call back number directly to the same folks I talked with then along with a case number that was created. At least the help line and I have established a starting point so I can return to them to ask for the next step and with additional cell phone and resources here all connected to assist when I 'kill' my 5 GHz connections the next time. I too will be monitoring this feed to see if others have their experiences.
Man you've gone through a LOT to get not only your FCSP but also your HIS operational, that's next level complicated.

I think the OP is only concerned about his FCSP.

I agree with you about the 5ghz issue, I've had this problem with other appliances (Ecoflow Delta Pro) when I set those up, I fully disabled the 5ghz band directly from the cable modem router control panel, made the devices talk to the network on 2ghz, then went back and resumed the combination 5/2 ghz broadcasts. I'm not certain all flavors of cable router or fiber router allow you to switch one or the other off though.
Sponsored