• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Ford Charge Station Pro not connecting to Pro Charger app for initial set up

Zprime29

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Honda Pilot, 2022 Lightning ER
I have both 5GHz and 2.4GHz and was able to get the FCSP to connect without disabling the 5GHz. I have them named differently, not sure if that made a difference. I did have to reset 2 or 3 times before it connected, but I definitely hadn't turned off 5GHz when I it finally worked.
Sponsored

TaxmanHog

First Name
Noel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat-ER Max Tow Iconic Silver
Occupation
Retired
I have both 5GHz and 2.4GHz and was able to get the FCSP to connect without disabling the 5GHz. I have them named differently, not sure if that made a difference. I did have to reset 2 or 3 times before it connected, but I definitely hadn't turned off 5GHz when I it finally worked.
Long ago in far off universe, I also had distinct names for each band, but Xfinity suggested leaving them exactly the same name to improve device performance, in particular those that can negotiate and comm on either band, having them named the same is alleged to improve performance and reliability.

Zprime29

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Honda Pilot, 2022 Lightning ER
Yeah, I could see that argument being true. I'm happy with the performance I'm getting at the moment so I haven't bothered to optimize anything. Perhaps that saved me some headache! :D

Heliian

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 LR Lariat, code name "Boogaloo"
I think a lot of connectivity issues are coming right from the Ford servers as I've had this message pop up in the last week or so:
Ford F-150 Lightning Ford Charge Station Pro not connecting to Pro Charger app for initial set up Screenshot_20230511_122018_com.ford.fordpass

Last edited by a moderator:

Lightning Rod

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Ford Lightning Lariat ER
Occupation
CNC PROGRAMMER/MACHINIST
I too am having trouble connecting my charger. I will give it another go in the morning.

Sponsored

GingerBear85

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F-150 Lightning Lariat ER - Stone Metallic
Occupation
Construction
I too am having trouble connecting my charger. I will give it another go in the morning.
I was having this same issue called the Ford Charge Team (800) 334-4375 (8A-8P EST) and was advised that my charger needed a firmware update. They can not push the update is has to happen between Midnight-4A EST while the charger is powered on but not plugged into a vehicle. The tech told me to not use the charger for 2 nights and see if the firmware update resolved the connection between the Charge Station Pro app and the Ford Pass > Connected Charge Station. I'm going to use my J+ Boost charger tonight and see if it pushes the update... fingers crossed. She also acknowledged that it could be another bug within the Ford Pass 4.27 release if the connection is still broken after firmware is up to date.

Lightning Rod

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
CNC PROGRAMMER/MACHINIST
I was having this same issue called the Ford Charge Team (800) 334-4375 (8A-8P EST) and was advised that my charger needed a firmware update. They can not push the update is has to happen between Midnight-4A EST while the charger is powered on but not plugged into a vehicle. The tech told me to not use the charger for 2 nights and see if the firmware update resolved the connection between the Charge Station Pro app and the Ford Pass > Connected Charge Station. I'm going to use my J+ Boost charger tonight and see if it pushes the update... fingers crossed. She also acknowledged that it could be another bug within the Ford Pass 4.27 release if the connection is still broken after firmware is up to date.

Thanks for this reply. I will also just use my mobile charger for a few days and see if my charger updates itself.

Ffxdude

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 Lightning
What firmware version does your charge station have?

GingerBear85

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Construction
Ford F-150 Lightning Ford Charge Station Pro not connecting to Pro Charger app for initial set up IMG_3423

Last edited by a moderator:

TaxmanHog

First Name
Noel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired
Once you receive the updates, this is what it should show

Ford F-150 Lightning Ford Charge Station Pro not connecting to Pro Charger app for initial set up 1684805531756

Sponsored

Ffxdude

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 Lightning
That's the base software that the units ship with. Mine took about 5 days to update the first time. Like @TaxmanHog said 39:0.48 seems to be the current one.

Supposedly they're working on a other update to assist with those of us still getting the overheating notifications when attempting to charge at the full 80a rate.

GingerBear85

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Construction
Just had a look and it didn’t update last night… good to know it has taken more than 2 days. Still perplexed why it wouldn’t be possible to push the update on initial power up or when requested! Guess it’s a test of patience? Lol

TaxmanHog

First Name
Noel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired
Just had a look and it didn’t update last night… good to know it has taken more than 2 days. Still perplexed why it wouldn’t be possible to push the update on initial power up or when requested! Guess it’s a test of patience? Lol
Each morning, do a power cycle of the EVSE (off then on), then wait 15-30 minutes before checking the connected charge station tile on the Fordpass app, hopefully you will see it update soon.

GingerBear85

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Construction
Ford F-150 Lightning Ford Charge Station Pro not connecting to Pro Charger app for initial set up IMG_3429
Each morning, do a power cycle of the EVSE (off then on), then wait 15-30 minutes before checking the connected charge station tile on the Fordpass app, hopefully you will see it update soon.
The power cycle worked! Firmware updated after cycling the power. I’ll monitor the overheating issue that others have had now that I can monitor the charge rate… hadn’t noticed it before when charging. Running firmware version 2.112.77:2.135:1.18:0.39:0.48 now. Thanks for the recommendation @TaxmanHog

Lightning Rod

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
CNC PROGRAMMER/MACHINIST
Ok. I can't seem to get pass the "Please verify you are connected to wallbox network" message. I believe that I am connected because when I first tried to set this up a few days ago, the charger showed up in my available wifi networks and I entered the password and it seemed to have went through and it hasn't showed up in my available networks since. I have a strong wifi connection but it doesn't want me to get pass this message and cannot go any further in the setup. Before i tried setting it up today,I powered the charger down for a few minutes and powered it back on. Maybe i should wait to see if it updates tonight? Oh, and I also have the 2 wifi connections... regular and 5G.
Sponsored

Last edited: