• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Ford EV battery warranty question for CARB II states like CA = more years / miles ?

metroshot

First Name
Pat
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lariat F150L + 2023 MME
Occupation
Networking Tech
Just wondering if anyone knows if Ford EV batteries are extended over the 8yr / 100K warranty in CARB II states like California?

I ask because my PHEV has a 10 year / 150K EV battery warranty compared to a standard 8yr/100K battery warranty for other non CARB states.
Sponsored

ExCivilian

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'05 RAM 2500 5.9L Cummins; '22 Lariat ER
That only applies to Transitional Zero Emissions Vehicles (TZEV), formerly Enhanced Advanced Technology Partial zero-emissions Vehicles (Enhanced AT-PZEV). I assume the longer warranty was intended to incentivize adoption.

Whatever their reasoning, that extended battery warranty doesn't apply to BEVs.

OP
OP
metroshot

metroshot

First Name
Pat
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lariat F150L + 2023 MME
Occupation
Networking Tech
That only applies to Transitional Zero Emissions Vehicles (TZEV), formerly Enhanced Advanced Technology Partial zero-emissions Vehicles (Enhanced AT-PZEV). I assume the longer warranty was intended to incentivize adoption.

Whatever their reasoning, that extended battery warranty doesn't apply to BEVs.
Thanks for that detailed info!

My PHEV is a PZEV.

I had no idea that BEV and PHEV had different warranties in CA.

Guess I will be happy with the Ford's 8yr/100K EV battery warranty.

Will that cover the dual motors as well ?

ExCivilian

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'05 RAM 2500 5.9L Cummins; '22 Lariat ER
I don't know what Ford will specifically cover, but the motors have historically been covered by the drivetrain warranties of the BEVs I've owned in the past. The federal regulations only require the manufacturers warranty their battery *packs* themselves and they don't mandate how those coverages play out.

In VW's case, they only warranty a minimum capacity of 70%. If one's pack falls below that threshold, they don't have to give the customer a new pack. They provide refurbished packs and they only have to provide a pack that is at least 70% or greater.

I didn't own a Fiat e500 but my understanding was that customers would get (used) replacement packs when their contactors went out. Now, however, they opt to buy the vehicle back rather than replace the packs because the replacement costs more than the pack.
Sponsored