• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Ford Motor Company

Official Ford Account
First Name
Ford
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150
Hey future Lightning owners! To offer you a way to get latest answers to your most frequently asked questions, we will be hosting livestream sessions at livestream.ford.com/f150-lightning. Join us on April 26 at 9:00pm EST for updated information about the Ford F-150 Lightning.
Sponsored

GDN

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lightning Lariat ER, Performance Y
Occupation
IT
Hey future Lightning owners! To offer you a way to get latest answers to your most frequently asked questions, we will be hosting livestream sessions at livestream.ford.com/f150-lightning. Join us on April 26 at 9:00pm EST for updated information about the Ford F-150 Lightning.
We love that you all are trying to engage, truly we do, but we'd love to see you all bring some real information about the Lightning. Please no more of how the Frunk opens and closes and drains if you want to put ice in the bottom compartment.

Show us some good real world info about charging, about the motor configuration, about those towing sessions, about that real world range. I know some of this is hard to talk about, but please bring us some good real world info, bring along a few engineers that have lived the creation of the truck.

Thanks !

IdeaOfTheDayCom

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Website
IdeaOfTheDay.Com
Vehicles
2022 F-150 Lightning XLT SR 312A
Occupation
Software Developer
I'm looking forward to it, especially if you plan to show us real world use cases that haven't been covered so far.

I also hope that you keep us informed about potential delivery dates for people who placed an order.

REDHORSECA

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lightning XLT SR - 5/30 Build, ICE F150 XLT Sold
Occupation
R&D
Some Lightning questions come to mind at the moment...
  1. Does the EPA mileage include a 1,000 lbs payload in the bed?
  2. ** What exactly does the Max Trailer Tow package include or do specifically for the Lightning, if the option is selected?
  3. ** What exactly does the Tow Technology package include or do specifically for the Lightning, if the option is selected?
  4. Does the XLT 311A Lightning have a push-button START? or is it a keyed 'ignition'?
  5. I understand that there is a button on the side of the gear selector to allow the Lightning to move through a car wash conveyor system with the emotors and wheel to disengaged 'neutral' for a limited time? Can this be used in case of an emergency to tow the Lightning a very short distance or limited amount of time at a very reduced speed, in case of a breakdown/accident/depleted battery to get out off the roadway to a safe spot? Without having to wait for a flatbed/ rollback to become available.
  6. For those RV customers. Please confirm that the Lightning can not be flat towed with any of the wheels on the ground, due to emotors permanent magnets.
  7. Does the Lariat or Platinum Lightning models have the option or include ambient interior 'mood' lighting? What is the default color if equipped? If so, can the ambient lighting color be user changeable to a different color?

Suggestions:
  1. For MY23 Lightning, please make it so you don't have to REQUIRE the XLT 312A equipment group just to get the Extended Range Battery. IMHO, too large of a price jump if an XLT buyer just wants the ER battery. We just want choices, please!
  2. Platinum Lightning should have a smaller diameter wheel/rim option since the 22" rims have an effect on the range of the vehicle.

REDHORSECA

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lightning XLT SR - 5/30 Build, ICE F150 XLT Sold
Occupation
R&D
I'd love the option to fly to Dearborn to do a Rouge Electric Vehicle Center factory tour and pick up my MY22 Lightning when it's built and drive it home to Califonia! I have a May Build date! :)

I can settle the Lightning finances with my Dealership beforehand. ;)

Sponsored

Ruination

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2012 F150 EcoBoost
Occupation
Chemist
Damn April 26m. Is that in line with first deliveries or something?

Ruination

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2012 F150 EcoBoost
Occupation
Chemist
I'd love the option to fly to Dearborn to do a Rouge Electric Vehicle Center factory tour and pick up my MY22 Lightning when it's built and drive it home to Califonia! I have a May Build date! :)

I can settle the Lightning finances with my Dealership beforehand. ;)

Lol...I'd do that to not have to pay the delivery fee.

vandy1981

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'19 Jaguar I-Pace, '22 Lightning Lariat ER
Occupation
Plumber
There are some on this forum that may get their vehicle early enough to do their own livestream before 4/26!!!

KevinC

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
98 F150,Fusion, 2023 Lightning, 2022 Mach E
I suspect there will be some other announcement coming out before then. Like 2023 dates ..Model E dates and information...

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150 Lightning, BMW 3 series
Occupation
Engineer
Dear Ford,

Please answer all the questions from @REDHORSECA. They are insightful, and reflect many of the questions I have had as an F-150 Lightning reservation holder. The questions about towing, as well as being towed, are particularly apt.

Sponsored

O’Majestic1’slightnigF150

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F350 F250 F250 Taurus Cessna Super Air Natique
Occupation
Retired Engineer & Product Developer
Boat and jetski launching. Any depth of water issues and recommendations?

To save the $1695 destination and delivery I’ll sign up for the tour and take my Platinum home from Michigan. I’d even pay for the tour.

jazzmanmonty

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lincoln Corsair
Occupation
self employeed
I agree with others! I'd pay a small fee for a factory tour if i can pick up mine in person to avoid the crazy delivery fee.

Just FYI Ford, your delivery fee is REDICULOUS for people that live closer to the plant. Why should i pay more so the guy in Cali can pay less?! Stupid! Imagine going to the post office and mailing a package to the town over. They tell you "We're charging everyone $10 regardless of where you send it to keep it FAIR." Post office would be out of business. If you insist on this, at least give the option to let people pick up their own car for free.

vacasity

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford F150 Lightning 2022 XLT
if you haven't visited livestream.ford.com/f150-lightning yet, go there and enter your questions. They have a form on the page.

rodhx

First Name
Rod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 Mach E 4x, 03 IS300, 06 Ridgeline
Just remember, if you tune in to the livestream and some spokesmodel is doing the talking that's a sign to not waste your time any further. :LOL:

petemill

First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 ER Lariat +PRB +Unleashed, '11 ford escape v6
Occupation
Software
I agree with others! I'd pay a small fee for a factory tour if i can pick up mine in person to avoid the crazy delivery fee.

Just FYI Ford, your delivery fee is REDICULOUS for people that live closer to the plant. Why should i pay more so the guy in Cali can pay less?! Stupid! Imagine going to the post office and mailing a package to the town over. They tell you "We're charging everyone $10 regardless of where you send it to keep it FAIR." Post office would be out of business. If you insist on this, at least give the option to let people pick up their own car for free.
It's not the same at all. Ford has factories all over the country and world. Even if you order an f-150 it could be built in any of 3 factories.
Sponsored