• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Ford Lightning Teardown by Munroe and Associates coming in October

Mr. Flibble

First Name
George
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1995 Delica L400, Kia Soul EV, Jeep Diesel
Occupation
Computer Nerd
Video from the Detroit Auto show; the interesting bit is that the teardown is coming:

Sponsored

OP
OP
Mr. Flibble

Mr. Flibble

First Name
George
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Computer Nerd

IdeaOfTheDayCom

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Website
IdeaOfTheDay.Com
Vehicles
2022 F-150 Lightning XLT SR 312A
Occupation
Software Developer
The funny thing about a teardown is that you could cover a lot of the same ground by touring the factories that build each major part, then follow the final assembly line and see them put the parts together.

I got a chance to do that when I toured the final assembly factory in April. I started at the end where fully assembled trucks were rolled off, and when I reached the end, there was nothing but the frame.

That said, it's priceless watching Sandy Munro rip things apart and react to each part.

Sponsored

IdeaOfTheDayCom

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Website
IdeaOfTheDay.Com
Vehicles
Occupation
Software Developer
I will absolutely do this, I love the Munroe Teardowns.
I wonder if he'll ever do a video of them putting everything back together. I'm sure some of the parts that needed to be cut or cracked open so they must need to replace those.

OP
OP
Mr. Flibble

Mr. Flibble

First Name
George
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Computer Nerd
I wonder if he'll ever do a video of them putting everything back together. I'm sure some of the parts that needed to be cut or cracked open so they must need to replace those.
That would be interesting!

Though, from what I have seen, they quite seriously destroy about half of the components, then generally auction off the parts.

They make their money by selling the engineering reports around each component, and the fuctional cost, I doubt they would get the value of the vehicle back after reassembling it.

IdeaOfTheDayCom

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Website
IdeaOfTheDay.Com
Vehicles
Occupation
Software Developer
That would be interesting!

Though, from what I have seen, they quite seriously destroy about half of the components, then generally auction off the parts.

They make their money by selling the engineering reports around each component, and the fuctional cost, I doubt they would get the value of the vehicle back after reassembling it.
Very interesting.

This reminds me of the Producers. When you think about it, you can probably make more money from a broken vehicle than one that works.... When you sell off every part.

That's how junk yards make money. Sooner or later as cars get wrecked, people need a door, a hood, wheels, tires, even the seats.

One thing I could say is that assuming they replace any parts that destroyed, if they did put them back together they could still get top dollar for a vehicle that was fully hand built by Munro Associates.
Sponsored