• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Ford Motor Company customer satisfaction survey or is it dealer generated ?

metroshot

First Name
Pat
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lariat F150L + 2023 MME
Occupation
Networking Tech
It's only been 3 days since I picked up the Lightning and I got this message via email from [email protected]1.medallia.com.

I wanted to confirm this is actually a survey from FoMoCo.
Didn't want to skunked by the dealer trying to get an idea of my responses ahead of the official Ford survey.

Is giving anything less than a 5 bad for the dealership or salesperson?

Ford F-150 Lightning Ford Motor Company customer satisfaction survey or is it dealer generated ? Screen Shot 2022-07-28 at 9.47.27 AM
Sponsored

F150ROD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 IB Lariat Lightning/Miata ND2 Club
Occupation
U.S. Navy Retired
I still haven’t received a survey link from Ford

duncanmaio

First Name
Duncan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lightning Lariat Atlas Blue
I got one like that a few days after I ordered my truck back in January. Haven't seen anything since getting the truck.

RickLightning

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 Lighting ER Lariat,'22 Mach-E Premium 4X
It's only been 3 days since I picked up the Lightning and I got this message via email from [email protected]1.medallia.com.

Didn't want to skunked by the dealer trying to get an idea of my responses ahead of the official Ford survey.

Screen Shot 2022-07-28 at 9.47.27 AM.png
Yes, that is the Ford survey. If you put the email address in Google you'd confirm that. Yes, anything below a 5 is bad.

Commercial Sales Ford

First Name
Noah
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 Lariat Hybrid , 21 Harley Road Glide
Occupation
Ford Commercial Sales Manager

Screen Shot 2022-07-28 at 9.47.27 AM.png
Ford Sales Manager here.... Yes giving anything less than 5's can hurt the salesperson. A lot of dealerships have stipes in the their pay plans for good/bad survey.

Sponsored

Amps

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Bolt
Too bad the it's always the bad cop Sales Manager and F&I that mess things up, even on an MSRP cash transaction. I didn't fill my last survey out because I knew it would mess up the only good thing about the whole transaction, the sales contact.

TadCurious

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150
Ford Sales Manager here.... Yes giving anything less than 5's can hurt the salesperson. A lot of dealerships have stipes in the their pay plans for good/bad survey.
That is a shame. There is a salesman of record on my order but I have been dealing directly with the sales manager most of the time (the salesman had to defer to the manager on most of my inquiries). I wonder if the sales manager is impacted financially?

OP
OP
metroshot

metroshot

First Name
Pat
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Networking Tech
I gave all 5s because I didn't want individuals to be hurt, but the whole buying experience at the dealer could have really been smoother and less anxiety inducing IMO
Same here - not sure what to do - treated rather poorly by the dealership's sales manager.

It's either give all 5s or not do a survey ?

If you don't do the survey, will the salesperson or dealership get anything ?

RickLightning

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Same here - not sure what to do - treated rather poorly by the dealership's sales manager.

It's either give all 5s or not do a survey ?

If you don't do the survey, will the salesperson or dealership get anything ?
This is like when you go to a restaurant and they burn your dinner. "Oh, the waiter tried so hard..."

You should give an accurate survey, representing exactly your experience. If that means that someone gets dinged, that's the reality of the experience that they delivered to you. Life's tough.

Sponsored

GunRack

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lighting XLT, Model 3 RWD
This is like when you go to a restaurant and they burn your dinner. "Oh, the waiter tried so hard..."

You should give an accurate survey, representing exactly your experience. If that means that someone gets dinged, that's the reality of the experience that they delivered to you. Life's tough.
We need to go back to these dealers though for service and our next cars at some point. There's things that weren't right on my truck when I picked up. I'd like those fixed and I'll need the dealer to honor their verbal agreement that they will fix it.

With so few Lightnings being sold, the dealers are going to know exactly who gave them bad reviews. I was the first Lightning sold at the dealer so it will be pretty obvious. Burning bridges has a cost and we all know the automotive surveys are important part of the dealer / customer relationship. Ideal world - we could be honest with surveys, but I'm not willing to risk the relationship over it since they did ultimately sell me the truck at MSRP as agreed.

OP
OP
metroshot

metroshot

First Name
Pat
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Networking Tech
We need to go back to these dealers though for service and our next cars at some point. There's things that weren't right on my truck when I picked up. I'd like those fixed and I'll need the dealer to honor their verbal agreement that they will fix it.

With so few Lightnings being sold, the dealers are going to know exactly who gave them bad reviews. I was the first Lightning sold at the dealer so it will be pretty obvious. Burning bridges has a cost and we all know the automotive surveys are important part of the dealer / customer relationship. Ideal world - we could be honest with surveys, but I'm not willing to risk the relationship over it since they did ultimately sell me the truck at MSRP as agreed.
Well said!

Ah, forgot about burning bridges and the service dept for warranty repairs and such..

Question: changing to a different dealer for service, would that impact my level of care ?

Example: if I had to drop off the Lightning to a dealer that did not sell me the vehicle, would I still be able to get loaner transportation or will I be SOL ?

RickLightning

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles

Very sad. Let's lie about the sales experience because we're afraid of retribution. And then bitch about how car dealers suck because we lack the responsibility to tell them where they need to improve.

RickLightning

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Well said!

Ah, forgot about burning bridges and the service dept for warranty repairs and such..

Question: changing to a different dealer for service, would that impact my level of care ?

Example: if I had to drop off the Lightning to a dealer that did not sell me the vehicle, would I still be able to get loaner transportation or will I be SOL ?
You don't get "loaner transportation" as part of your Ford warranty regardless....

Some recalls get you a loaner paid for by Ford.

Some dealers MAY give you a loaner.

If you buy the extended warranty, you can get first day rental coverage on it.

My dealership has started telling non-customers to not come there for service because they are jammed up, and only dealing with customers.

PA Lightning

First Name
Tbone
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lightning Pro
Couple of dozen bake shop donuts go a long way at the dealership.
Sponsored

Reactions: GDN